Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Massimo D’Ambrosio

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategic at this point to give us flexibility in the 2023 draft. I believe he will be upgraded after the draft.
Yes, I know. My post was in response to the post asking why Scum didn't offer Mass a senior list spot.

That highlight package shows enough alone. The left foot precision finding teammates in really attacking positions is something we really miss.
Karl is great over distance to break the zone but those few examples from Mass will help with the way Sam wants us to play.
I don't watch the Scum and some have alluded to a weakness of his being his defensive play but that was one of Brambles too so this, to me, seems an upgrade in a like for like role.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Guy has got an awesome name, and tools we need badly to compliment what we've been building. Plus hm coming in via the MSD Cape is right in tune with what Sam wants from our players - to make it into the AFL by force of will.

Our emphasis on all out attack from defense means we will likely go up another cog or two with his kicking on the rebound if he can get in the side and contribute.

Should also mean that we're a bit less predictable than we have been with Sicily, Seamus and Weddle's dare.

It looks like we are for now at least, going to see our maturing ball winning midfielders and all out attacking defenders looking to feed a new group of forwards along side Breust and Lewis with the odd assist from Gunston when he's fit.

Betting Durham or Watson add to that group at pick 4.

In the club we trust, but it suggests we're going to prioritize goal kicking potency over the maximum defensive pressure first type forward line mindset that the other teams have. That would seem more in tune with the way Sam wants them playing out of the backline, alongside winning contests with a deep and talented group in the middle.

Probably easier to ramp up defensive pressure once the team is kicking big scores. It will definitely require the latter to be a contender either way.

Last edited:
He was picked up in the Mid-season draft in 2022 at pick 3.
He started on an 18-month rookie contract, so they only just recently offered him the 3rd year on their rookie list.

Kicking is his strength and he has decent pace too. Apparently his defensive side needs work, but he looks like a direct upgrade on Bramble (and is 5 years younger too).
Was going to say replacing Bramble. Nice recruiting

The bombers brains trust aren’t known to value kicking, just look at shiels
Two firsts

Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

Just don’t mention Jaegar please.

Sad Fight GIF by Top Rank Boxing

I think Ginnivan is the most talented acquisition, but Massimo may end up being a genuine steal, here. He'll never be a star, just a role player, but he's OUR role player, and that left peg adds a lot to the team (and also ties in nicely with the 3-peat history).

I think Ginnivan is the most talented acquisition, but Massimo may end up being a genuine steal, here. He'll never be a star, just a role player, but he's OUR role player, and that left peg adds a lot to the team (and also ties in nicely with the 3-peat history).
I think Massimo may have his moments in the light, especially with his goal kicking ability.

I was talking about him to a couple of Bomber friends. They said his defence is questionable but he is an attacking weapon.

Makes you wonder why they played him in defence.... Mitchell is excellent at playing players where their strengths can be maximised and their deficiencies can be minimised.

So to me, it feels like he is made for a wing, I wonder how his tank is.

It may take 12 months to de-scum him but we'll wait.

Let's hope people do wait. Most people are ready to dump Stephens after an injury-hit year with us. That's not a lot of time to de-handbag, let alone de-scum.

He was picked up in the Mid-season draft in 2022 at pick 3.
He started on an 18-month rookie contract, so they only just recently offered him the 3rd year on their rookie list.

Kicking is his strength and he has decent pace too. Apparently his defensive side needs work, but he looks like a direct upgrade on Bramble (and is 5 years younger too).
I'm going to love, love, love it if Massimo ends up being another Hawthorn "MSD" success!

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Massimo D’Ambrosio

Remove this Banner Ad

Back