Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn: Jasper Scaife - Pick 5, 2024 MSD

Remove this Banner Ad

I know some arent goign to like this, but if he shows any sort of form at Box Hill in the next 6 games, he will have likley put Ramsden further down the pecking order. Especially if he can kick 3 goals regulalrly at BH

I can't think why people would be upset - Ramsden has been here 2 years now, and whilst I appreciate he has played well on occasion at Box Hill, he hasn't shown anything at AFL level in 5 games to suggest he has a long-term AFL career ahead of him.

He's never seemed fully fit to run out a game and just doesn't show any 'mongrel' in the contest for a bloke 200cm+

Needs to bulk up to fight against the bigger bodied rucks.
SD-Max-Ramsden.jpg

gettyimages-1626596913-594x594.jpg

Not saying he can't make it, but he'd need to improve rapidly from where he is for me.

Meek, Reeves, Chol and Dear way ahead of him.

I'd not offer a new contract based on the output so far, esp with Dears emergence and the signing of Skaife.

Luckily he has until 2025 EOS to prove me (and others) wrong.

I hope he does, but I'm not seeing much.

He's not giving away much height to Mabs.
Interestingly, Mabs was taken at pick 30 in the rookie draft and he's turned out pretty well. If we can get that sort of level of output from Jasper we'd be laughing.

We've also got Dear who's come from the clouds whereas DGB who was a top pick is struggling.

Really goes to show it can be a lottery with these tall guys and how important athleticism and strength are.

I can't think why people would be upset - Ramsden has been here 2 years now, and whilst I appreciate he has played well on occasion at Box Hill, he hasn't shown anything at AFL level in 5 games to suggest he has a long-term AFL career ahead of him.

He's never seemed fully fit to run out a game and just doesn't show any 'mongrel' in the contest for a bloke 200cm+

Needs to bulk up to fight against the bigger bodied rucks.
View attachment 2006048

View attachment 2006049

Not saying he can't make it, but he'd need to improve rapidly from where he is for me.

Meek, Reeves, Chol and Dear way ahead of him.

I'd not offer a new contract based on the output so far, esp with Dears emergence and the signing of Skaife.

Luckily he has until 2025 EOS to prove me (and others) wrong.

I hope he does, but I'm not seeing much.
Turned 21 last month, so still very young for a big man. He is a genuine David Hale type. Can play a whole game as a ruck or forward. Unlike most rucks who are not great forward or forwards like Chol or Dear who can only give a chop out in the ruck. Still, has come on slowly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Far out that's a quick movement from one side of the country to the other. Must have had the bags already packed.
I remember McCabe was in Melbourne on the Tuesday that he was drafted, in Adelaide the next day when Bodie Ryan was drafted, then back in Melbourne a couple of days later for media commitments.

Turned 21 last month, so still very young for a big man. He is a genuine David Hale type. Can play a whole game as a ruck or forward. Unlike most rucks who are not great forward or forwards like Chol or Dear who can only give a chop out in the ruck. Still, has come on slowly.
He’s pretty poor in the ruck. Reckon he’s about chols level at best in the ruck.

He looks very different from his draft year photos, mid-length blond mullet replaced with a buzz cut...

You wouldn't recognise him...

Sweet

Windy Hill Sunday 1pm

Box Hill Vs Essendon

Absolutely will be there to watch.

Fantastic Hawthorn play Saturday for a change!

Will be a good game to watch with Scaife, Wingard, Ward, Watson, Serong, Hustwait, MacDonald.B, Hustwaite and Ramsden. To complete our big man squad we just need McCabe to be back getting a game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back