Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Nick 'the Wizard' Watson! Rising star Nom!

Remove this Banner Ad

Wonder if the players got a choice out of what was available?

Hopefully Watson makes 34 his own, or at least sets a new trend for prodigious talents to break their careers in before moving to a more famed number.
All our prodigious talents have had later numbers in their first year at least. Sicily had 2 including no.21 for a few years before settling at 6.

1702102194631.jpeg

Just reading TFFM's comment about training, & reflecting on most all we've read & seen - generational talent, Reid, aside - how could you not pick this guy. Taking everything into consideration, I would have taken him at 2, if we'd had the call. So, with any luck -

Let the show begin ...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Totally agree. Look back at the list of norm smith medals - Brian Lake aside there is hardly KPP in sight. Quality small forwards are an essential part of the modern game

Tom Boyd should be on the list from 2016 however - JJ absolutely robbed him that day.

So how good is Watson going to be?

Cyril
Betts
Milne
T. Greene
Pickett
Rankine
Rochelle
Weightman

I'm hoping he is a mix of Cyril and Greene in style.
Not sure how productive he will be for goals/assists/tackles
I reckon he'll end up being triple premiership player Nick Watson :trophy::trophy::trophy:

Just before Mitch came in we were bullied by the good teams. The good thing about bringing the Wiz in today compared to if we drafted him a couple of years ago we can now confidently have his back with some bigger young men on the list with the right character!

Last edited:
So how good is Watson going to be?

Cyril
Betts
Milne
T. Greene
Pickett
Rankine
Rochelle
Weightman

I'm hoping he is a mix of Cyril and Greene in style.
Not sure how productive he will be for goals/assists/tackles
Where’s the Papley option? I think this is the player he’ll closely resemble.

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Nick 'the Wizard' Watson! Rising star Nom!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back