Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Nick 'the Wizard' Watson! Rising star Nom!

Remove this Banner Ad

at 13:00, he 'roves' the marking contest (you can hear the whistle for the ump paying him the mark haha), ball to boot instantly...it only went for a point but still, crazy speed.

Wow these guys put the VFL broadcast cameras to shame.

Nick Watson (Four goals, 22 disposals, 13 score involvements, eight marks, eight contested possessions)

“It was obviously his first game of VFL footy and first game for Box Hill. He had a pretty exciting first-up effort and he’s got a lot of talent. The most pleasing thing for us was the way he brought into the program, his attitude and his willingness to play his role. Ultimately, he got rewarded off the back of that.”

Nick Watson (Four goals, 22 disposals, 13 score involvements, eight marks, eight contested possessions)

“It was obviously his first game of VFL footy and first game for Box Hill. He had a pretty exciting first-up effort and he’s got a lot of talent. The most pleasing thing for us was the way he brought into the program, his attitude and his willingness to play his role. Ultimately, he got rewarded off the back of that.”

13 score involvements is a crazy number, especially for a small forward.

No one in the media have even mentioned Watson as a rising star potential. A solid block of games should do the trick. Wouldn't count him out.
He'll come home with a wet sail if he continues to get the same amount of scoring shots but actually finishes his work.

Nick Watson didn't look super happy at Box Hill, last week. I wonder how determined he'll be this week? Game face will be on!
I'm sure he'd rather be in the senior team but he didn't look unhappy at all to me. Happy to be fit and playing.

I'm sure he'd rather be in the senior team but he didn't look unhappy at all to me. Happy to be fit and playing.

He looked like her rather be in the seniors. He looked determined to be back there asap. T'was a pretty good resume for a quick return, but the firsts are doing pretty well.

Interesting to see who makes the trip in addition to the 23.

He looked like her rather be in the seniors. He looked determined to be back there asap. T'was a pretty good resume for a quick return, but the firsts are doing pretty well.

Interesting to see who makes the trip in addition to the 23.
I think he'll go down with the team. If he's not used he can always play on Sunday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's a very impressive stat line.

He's definitely going to put pressure on our other small forwards if he keeps that level of production up.

From what I have seen of him at AFL level the main thing he needs to do is take half a second more before kicking for goal / disposing of the ball.

I just meant as a goal kicker (which we recruited him for) he should be kicking a hell of a lot better than what he has. Nothing more deflating to the team than having a forward that can’t convert. By a comparison Moore has kicked 13.1 this year.
And how many games does Moore have under his belt. Please also confirm the amount of games Watson has played.

FFS give him time. The goals will come. He’s been doing all the other things. It’s not purely about kicking bags of goals. The fact he’s had the amount of shots he has in limited games is actually a massive positive.

Who is to say Ginnivan doesn’t move into the midfield and add pace to it by the time he hits 100 games on a semi full time basis.

I think we really only have Watson.
I think Sully is a massive watch if he gets his body right. Huge talent.

Edit: Bennetts has been playing some good footy too.

And how many games does Moore have under his belt. Please also confirm the amount of games Watson has played.

FFS give him time. The goals will come. He’s been doing all the other things. It’s not purely about kicking bags of goals. The fact he’s had the amount of shots he has in limited games is actually a massive positive.
Doesn’t work like that. Last year was Moore’s worst with accuracy after 6 years in the system. He has obviously worked hard on his goal kicking and is now reaping the rewards with 21.3. We got Watson in as a goal kicker and as of my original post he had kicked 2.14.

That's a very impressive stat line.

He's definitely going to put pressure on our other small forwards if he keeps that level of production up.

From what I have seen of him at AFL level the main thing he needs to do is take half a second more before kicking for goal / disposing of the ball.

It was also good to see him attending some centre bounces. I assume that’s an insight into his future at HFC. They wouldn’t just say ‘let’s throw him in the guts for some fun’ - definitely strategic planning. Will be fun to watch him buzzing around a CB in the 1sts.

It was also good to see him attending some centre bounces. I assume that’s an insight into his future at HFC. They wouldn’t just say ‘let’s throw him in the guts for some fun’ - definitely strategic planning. Will be fun to watch him buzzing around a CB in the 1sts.
One touch player who can change direction on a dime and great acceleration. Makes a lot of sense for him to see some CBs as an impact move.

It’s happening more and more frequently across the AFL now, teams pushing a HF up for purely the CB then having a changeover almost immediately. Collingwood been doing it a lot the last few weeks with McCreery and a few others and we’ve started doing the same with Moore

Whatever that sound is, it should be illegal

My man Ooyy makes some awesome royalty free music, as heard on so many YouTube videos and adds (such Seattle Seahawks videos, TrekTrendy videos, Tropic Feel ads, Travel related channels, Car ads, etc. etc. etc.)

Hawthorn Football Club, take note.

Doesn’t work like that. Last year was Moore’s worst with accuracy after 6 years in the system. He has obviously worked hard on his goal kicking and is now reaping the rewards with 21.3. We got Watson in as a goal kicker and as of my original post he had kicked 2.14.
We recruited Watson as a small forward….who plays as part of a team of 22, with 6-7 players spending most of their time in the forward half.

His level of score involvements is brilliant.

He doesn’t have to kick them all himself.

If he helps his other forwards kick goals, then he’s going well.

We recruited Watson as a small forward….who plays as part of a team of 22, with 6-7 players spending most of their time in the forward half.

His level of score involvements is brilliant.

He doesn’t have to kick them all himself.

If he helps his other forwards kick goals, then he’s going well.
Yes, looks like he is 7th at the club going by averages for score involvements. I was surprised to see Gunston is second.

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Nick 'the Wizard' Watson! Rising star Nom!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back