Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Nick 'the Wizard' Watson! Rising star Nom!

Remove this Banner Ad

Doesn’t feel like he’ll be a high possession winner. Is getting a few looks but fluffed a fair numbers of chances across the game today and the two preseason games. Assume it’s just nerves as needs to be a sharpshooter at his size.

Debuted in arguably the hardest position to debut in the comp. Small forward is unforgiving, was good enough to get 3 shots which is promising enough. Not as clean as he needed to be but I have faith he'll work that out over time.

Debuted in arguably the hardest position to debut in the comp. Small forward is unforgiving, was good enough to get 3 shots which is promising enough. Not as clean as he needed to be but I have faith he'll work that out over time.
3 shots is excellent. That will end up being 8-10 at the end of the year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Needs to stop slipping over … also is not running to the right position once the ball comes in. He’s redundant at the moment.
This feels a bit rough given he had three shots at goal.

I reckon he'd want to work on the slipping over, and I reckon he'd want an easy set shot to get him on the board at this point.

I don't understand what people want from him.

Imagine expecting a kid in the toughest position on the ground to just start banging them in from day dot. Everybody is learning. It's a new forward line!
Goals.
He has now kick 7 points straight from the last 3 games.
I think he should play a few games for Box Hill until he gets his kicking boots on.

The slipping over/going to ground easily thing is surprising given his low centre of gravity.
Keeping his feet should be priority 1 for Nick.

Has he changed boots? Cant remember seeing him slipping over watching any of his pre draft footage. Seems to be happening a lot in the pre season and again yesterday in perfect conditions. Really odd.

The slipping over/going to ground easily thing is surprising given his low centre of gravity.
Keeping his feet should be priority 1 for Nick.
He did it at underage level too. Its why i doubt he will ever spend much time in the middle. But its still disturbing to see him just try and turn to chase a player in perfect conditions and go to ground. Something off with his boots?

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Nick 'the Wizard' Watson! Rising star Nom!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back