Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Nick 'the Wizard' Watson! Rising star Nom!

Remove this Banner Ad

Based on averages, he's on track for 69 scoring shots if he plays all 23 games.

So if he can work that accuracy up to around the 50% mark he could be looking at a 35 goal season.

That's massive for a first year player.

Just hope his ankle is okay and he makes the trip to Adelaide next week.

Has a winners mentality and not scared to mix it. Love it

Loved him standing up to Stewart in Q2 too when Ginnivan should have been awarded another free kick after the goal

Will be a real team energiser when he gets regular score board pressure and gets the crowd involved

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love the Wiz, will be a genuine star I have no doubt. He's the type of player that'll bring people to the footy for years and years to come and looks dangerous anytime he's near the pill. Excellent game today and staggering the amount of chances at goal and ball he's seeing for just a handful of games' experience. Fingers and toes crossed the ankle is ok!

Love the Wiz, will be a genuine star I have no doubt. He's the type of player that'll bring people to the footy for years and years to come and looks dangerous anytime he's near the pill. Excellent game today and staggering the amount of chances at goal and ball he's seeing for just a handful of games' experience. Fingers and toes crossed the ankle is ok!
The way he was pounding the turf suggest he knew it was serious...hope I'm wrong, but that was my interpretation.

The way he was pounding the turf suggest he knew it was serious...hope I'm wrong, but that was my interpretation.
Yeah it looked crook as... whilst he was trying to get some pressure onto it as he hobbled off, it seemed a brave face more than anything. He'll be sorely missed, massive impact already in a short period of time.

I really hope it’s not a serious injury…I feel that he’s not too far off kicking a bag. I was sitting near the bench though and it didn’t look great.

Trust our luck, Wiz goes down in the last minute and from memory it was partly due to a non-call for an obvious free right before he was crunched.

looks like it. AI T-F ligament, we are talking 8 weeks minimum.
Frustrated Austin Powers GIF

I really hope it’s not a serious injury…I feel that he’s not too far off kicking a bag. I was sitting near the bench though and it didn’t look great.

Trust our luck, Wiz goes down in the last minute and from memory it was partly due to a non-call for an obvious free right before he was crunched.

Yep. Hardwick was essentially slung on his head whilst not in possession.

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Nick 'the Wizard' Watson! Rising star Nom!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back