Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Nick 'the Wizard' Watson! Rising star Nom!

Remove this Banner Ad

Was going to say this exact thing. It was funny during the collingwood game how certain players stood up as soon as T.Mitchell started throwing lip around and Ginni was getting targeted.

I’m a big fan of the niggle tbh, showboating is more Ginnis thing but the kids love it. I remember being obsessed with goal celebrations when I was about 10 years old so you gotta see it from the kids perspective sometimes too .
It also removes personality which I love and is something that started drifting out of the game a while ago.

I love the celebrations and ‘showboating’. This team is having fun whilst also improving. It provides energy not only to the crowd but the players around them.

Exactly what you want from a young player, clearly showing he is far too good for that level. Already done enough for a recall, just a matter of whether or not a spot is available.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, get him in! Let's not leave Seamus all at sea against dusty , put dimma back in defence, bring Watson in as sub , play both Breust and Gunston from the start to settle the nerves for our youngsters in front of 80k and swap with Watson halfway through the third term .
Nah.
You don't reward back to back VFL domination like that with the sub vest.

He definitely comes in, and plays the full game.
Breust had been a super sub and there is no reason to change that.

Nah.
You don't reward back to back VFL domination like that with the sub vest.

He definitely comes in, and plays the full game.
Breust had been a super sub and there is no reason to change that.
110%, baffling call to make him sub when he is tearing the VFL a new one. Need to see if he can replicate this rich vein of form he appears to have hit in the seniors with a full game, not in the last qtr.

We also have the bye following Richmond so its not like he can follow up a sub game with a full game the next week.

Without sounding disparagingly, he just looked arrogant out there.
At times, he was talking to his mates behind the goals prior to centre bounces. Made it feel like a local footy game. He's very good & he knows it, without coming across as arrogant. Great to see such a relaxed but confident kid.

That was brilliant.

I love the awareness to play on but the right play had to be the simple pass to number 60 (don't know him) 20m out directly in front.

Was a great kick but bananas on the run from the pocket aren't the highest percentage play when you are in the seniors and goals are at a premium.

P.s. I know that I am a killjoy and in all probability number 60 wouldn't have been so free at the top level.

Nothing wrong with a Box Hill apprenticeship. Sam will bring him in when it's time.

He hasnt adjusted yet to the speed of the 1s but I think when he gets his next chance he won't be going back
To say he hadn’t adjusted to the pace on the 1’s is just straight up wrong. The first 3 weeks he had the most shots in our side but just couldn’t convert.

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Nick 'the Wizard' Watson! Rising star Nom!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back