Universal Love Welcome to Richmond Adem Yze

Remove this Banner Ad

Why did the club not improve the assistant coaches when they hired Yze, it felt like he was thrown to the wolves.

Where was the investment in the football department prior to the 2024 season?
I don't know, ask the club.

I just explained in a very simple way that things he could control he failed at. Things that weren’t in his control the club has failed and and any one with half a brain could see it coming.

But if you don’t understand and want to continually blame things on everything else outside of the coach, go ahead.

“It is the list” “players lack hunger” “injuries” whatever. Things he could control he was very poor at.
I don’t think many people have the forensic ability to divorce these external factors and just focus on his execution

He obviously is hopeless in coaching under adversity but his strength may lay in coaching a team that is running on top of the ground.

He has tremendous deficiencies as a coach to work on if he continues in the same vein he won’t last half a season

Good luck I hope he can turn it around for himself

I just went and saw the footage, got no idea what you’re referring to because Yze isn’t even in it, is there another bit of footage?

One thing I noticed though is Dusty goes around hugging everyone but seems to give Livingstone the cold shoulder (its possible he had already hugged him earlier that we did not see) then stands and talks to Morro
actually you're right as looking closely i reckon that definitely isn't Yze as I watched on the phone. My eyes are terrible and with glasses now on and the big screen I reckon RJK Tiger may have steered me into the wrong direction. It's Livo you're right.

Last edited:

actually you maybe right as looking closely i reckon that definitely isn't Yze as I watched on the phone. My eyes are terrible and with glasses now on and the big screen I reckon RJK Tiger may have steered me into the wrong direction. It's Livo you're right.
always good to admit a mistake, well done . Time for Livo to leave as well.

VFL/AFL seasons where the side that won the wooden spoon had a win vs the side that won the minor premiership
1904 - stk v fitz
1910 - stk v carl
1922 - sth v coll
1949 - haw v nth
1959 - wbd v melb
1960 - rich v melb
1967 - wbd v rich
1976 - coll v carl
2024 - RICH v SYD

VFL/AFL seasons where the side that won the wooden spoon had a win vs the side that won the minor premiership
1904 - stk v fitz
1910 - stk v carl
1922 - sth v coll
1949 - haw v nth
1959 - wbd v melb
1960 - rich v melb
1967 - wbd v rich
1976 - coll v carl
2024 - RICH v SYD
so we're farrked

Go to kayo and exactly at the 3 hr mark. Horrible viewing which says everything some posters were saying about Yze losing players.

how was your holiday btw? next time
actually you're right as looking closely i reckon that definitely isn't Yze as I watched on the phone. My eyes are terrible and with glasses now on and the big screen I reckon RJK Tiger may have steered me into the wrong direction. It's Livo you're right.

Yeah i juzt re-watched it and might be be Livingstone. They both look similar. Whoever it was, needs to be removed from the club - deplorable way to treat a legend in the rooms for the last time.

Doens't change much on my opinion on Adem to be honest- he has been shithouse on every KPI imaginable.

actually you maybe right as looking closely i reckon that definitely isn't Yze as I watched on the phone. My eyes are terrible and with glasses now on and the big screen I reckon RJK Tiger may have steered me into the wrong direction. It's Livo you're right.

Should have gone to spec savers :p

They do look a bit similar lol

Yeah i juzt re-watched it and might be be Livingstone. They both look similar. Whoever it was, needs to be removed from the club - deplorable way to treat a legend in the rooms for the last time.

Doens't change much on my opinion on Adem to be honest- he has been shithouse on every KPI imaginable.
Nothing beats a holiday. lol
How was yours?

its on the kayo replay when they do the aftergame wrap crap with Dermie etc. They are just talking over the top about other stuff, but the footage picks it up as they follow Dusty around. Clear as f-ing day. Watched it with my wife twice and even she gasped at how icy it was. Completely lost me on that Ummmmden Yze, coach should be the strongest, biggest adult in the f-ing room and he looked legit afraid of the bloke. It looked to me like Dusty went over there to have a moment with him & instead of Adem offering up a hand to say well done, thanks etc - he was too scared to make eye contact, or, too petty to offer his hand first.

Adem has lost me. Looks petty and can't coach for f-ing shit. Has lost an entire generation of loyal players in 12 months.

Would completely support the club sacking him now if they decided to. If they can afford it, then do it. He is a complete iceburg

I don’t think many people have the forensic ability to divorce these external factors and just focus on his execution

He obviously is hopeless in coaching under adversity but his strength may lay in coaching a team that is running on top of the ground.

He has tremendous deficiencies as a coach to work on if he continues in the same vein he won’t last half a season

Good luck I hope he can turn it around for himself

Then we end up like The Bummers & the blues with a rotating coaches box, that's a no thanks from me. We did this through the 80's to the 00's, & all it bought us supporters was pain. If we sign up the coach for 3 or so seasons, we need to see it through, if at that stage there is no signs of improvement, then look for another coach.

Jayden Short never dropped or moved. Free pass to one of the biggest squibs.

That’s nothing but shit coaching.
You reckon they should have dropped short and played OHB at half back instead?

Then we end up like The Bummers & the blues with a rotating coaches box, that's a no thanks from me. We did this through the 80's to the 00's, & all it bought us supporters was pain. If we sign up the coach for 3 or so seasons, we need to see it through, if at that stage there is no signs of improvement, then look for another coach.
I would like to think by year 3, we would have seen small amounts of improvement. Pump games into the kids and draft well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, hopefully the club isn't just judging this stuff on a small bit of vision like us. For all we know they spoke and hugged off screen prior.

Can anyone link me to the dusty - Yze interaction footage ?
I watched it , it was pretty cringy from the Head Coach tbh, there is clearly a disconnect between Ouzo and the players , I’m not sure he is the man to get the connection back ,won’t see out the contract , been steadfast about this

Giving poorly performing players games can be explained as a function of a horrid injury list but what is inexcusable is the patently poor prosecution of simple skills such as handball kicking and tackling

He is clearly trying to create a handball chain link centre corridor game style which is devastating when it works but a razor thin margin where the edge of the precipice on both sides is narrow

It took a long time for our spoon coach to realise you need to be up and running as a team to play that way.

The poor communication skills are evident the failure of players to implement his instructions and structure on the field falls on the head coach ultimately

Poorest coaching performance in generations being at such a low level we should expect reasonable improvement next year from such a low base but we have far better options to fill the coaching seat

Players playing for coaches is massive as we have seen with Tiger Morris a big part is trust but they need motivation and communication to pull that off

I actually went up to ground zero. No Nank, Lynch or Martin.* no JGTI either. Naismith was OK as a strand in. Interesting to start and finish against the same team.
Ground zero their midfield, Rowell in particular destroyed Prestia, Hopper, Taranto and Dow. Delivered the ball to their KPFs on a platter. Beat Young & Gibcus. Then they handled the wind and kicked straight. Balta & MRJ could not.
Kosi & Ryan invisible.
They stifled our ball movement, coming out of defence. Short.
Yze pulled Ryan off at half time. Ross onto the ground and we got the margin to 30 odd during the 3rd Qtr. A couple of ump decisions went against us.

Saw the Hawks game on TV their mids destroyed Prestia, Hopper, Taranto & Bolton & Ross. Not through lack of effort....just outplayed in Qtr 1.improved after that, not bad clearance numbers with Hopper & Taranto in the team. Rubbish KE%

No Lynch or Jack R to kick to. Round 24, Get the ball in 60 times vs Suns, kick 10 goals.

Even Bolton started mid vs the Hawks, Hawks turned every error into a goal.

Hawthorn Qtr 1 Hugo kicks to Balta on his own and ends up over his head. Balta up fwd ,means Blight back. ~ still L plates on. Miller been below par for a month. Not dropped.
No Lynch means Ryan keeps getting games when he is not up to it.

Last edited:
You reckon they should have dropped short and played OHB at half back instead?

Yeah I do…. 🙄

Kaleb Smith and Tresize were both there for half back. Smith hardly played. Perfect year for him to have been given games in place of a squib who didn’t give a shit about team performance.

FMD bed wetting of the highest order. Lol

The only bed wetting i have seen is the club as they have been too scared to get up and take themself potty, incase the bogeyman jumps out from under their bed to eat their toes. So instead they have laid in their own filth all year, too scared to ask mommy for help cleaning the sheets. Its been a total disaster and one that was completely foreseeable & avoidable to anyone who doesn't grin and purr at every move they make.

Worst ****ing season in our history and you want to act like it was all part of the plan. First season in our history where we failed to win a single game against any another Victorian team. Least amount of wins at the MCG in our history.

Traded in 2 blokes for 4 top picks to stay competitive, only to lose 3 better and younger players 2 years later for barely any better picks. From any rating, this is as bad as any season i have seen since 1996 Fitzroy, who folded that same year. How dejected the players and club looked after & during the game was about at the level the bombers looked when they were done for taking peptides and the entire team fell to poop.

If you want to sit around smiling and nodding while the club melts into a puddle of pus, feel free to. But what are you legit doing on a forum if you don't want to have an opinion & need to cry & sook over others that do?

& if your opinion isn't "this is the worst Richmond season since we had to shake cans to survive", then you are not being very honest to yourself. There is absolutely no positives from this year. None. Only player who improved was Mansell who, quite frankly, has a "Jake King" level ceiling on himself. We had legends retire early, the next tier of leaders requesting to leave & all our free agent signings went backwards and are already worth 50% or more, less in value than we paid for them.

but if you reckon we are all a bunch of bed wetters, then ...... sure. keep on smiling, grinner:tearsofjoy:

creepy smile GIF by Charlie Mars

Remove this Banner Ad

Universal Love Welcome to Richmond Adem Yze

Remove this Banner Ad

Back