Universal Love Welcome to Richmond Adem Yze

Remove this Banner Ad

It's hard to implement a game plan that works when the players you need to execute the plan properly are mostly sitting up in the stands or trying to work their way back into touch after sitting in the stands for so long. Now just as we get Lynch back he does another hammy and looks like missing another month or so.

For every step forward we've taken, we've somehow managed to then stumble 2 steps backwards at the same time and while the win loss record makes for poor reading I believe in some ways we're better positioned than we were this time last year due to getting a lot more game time into our younger players, but at the same time we're in trouble moving forward unless we can sort out our KPF issues.
I agree with your summary, that's why I'm not prepared to sell Yze shares just yet.

But even with Lynch back in, the poor bugger had no hope given the slow, congested delivery he was getting. Surely we have sufficient stock to be able to move the ball fast and into space??

I also agree that our ladder position probably understates where we really are at; but I hope the slow, stagnant, painful watch of our last game does not become the norm. Nightmares of the Frawley years.

I agree with your summary, that's why I'm not prepared to sell Yze shares just yet.

But even with Lynch back in, the poor bugger had no hope given the slow, congested delivery he was getting. Surely we have sufficient stock to be able to move the ball fast and into space??

I also agree that our ladder position probably understates where we really are at; but I hope the slow, stagnant, painful watch of our last game does not become the norm. Nightmares of the Frawley years.
Kidding aren’t you , so our prime midfield was
Cotch shedda prestia dusty lambo , remind me what it was last week by comparison , went downhill pretty quick after TT

No you are like a cultist. People can have a life outside their official duties.

I saw on fb some dh post about this ,,,ffs his good mates son making a debut, why wouldn’t he be , talk about nuffys gone mad
This is the problem. Mental illness is at epidemic proportions. Not sure why anyone would reply.

These people clearly have issues.

If i was making assumptions based on Facebook photo's & "likes" then this would be really relevant.

However, my concern is not our players Facebook usage, its the fact that during the bye rounds, instead of getting some R & R or using the break to build relationships with their younger teammates, they are all out with their managers having interviews with other clubs in their home states. They are basically having job interviews with other companies and you are still acting like their is no culture issue at the club atm. We are 4 years into me & others waving our hands saying "Fire" and ya'll still....

This Is Fine GIF

FFS, these clubs aren't even sending their people to Victoria. These players are going over to THEM to have the talks.

Again. At what point should you get worried? Who is leading this club? What is our clear vision? These players held your hearts & now them all wanting to leave is "not important"?

Pick.

A.

Lane.

Until trade period comes around we have no idea who wants to leave. Right now, there’s not a single player who anyone has confirmed ‘wants to leave’ Richmond.

And even if a couple do choose to leave, what does that mean? Tim Kelly, Jordan Clark and Esava Ratagelea wanted to leave Geelong. Do they have a crappy culture?

George Hewett and Jordan Dawson wanted to leave Sydney.

Dan McStay wanted out of Brisbane.

Players wanting to leave a club does not equal poor culture.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

What? No it isn't. we've had **** all early picks the last 3 years. We should have a few this year and won't be trading any out. Nothing like the last 3 years.
You want to believe there is an easy fix and we aren't far off. The situation is more dire.

You can't build a side around the better players we have because they are either too old, always injured or too inconsistent. We have no injury free and gun key forwards, no consistent a grader mids (apart from maybe Taranto) and weaknesses in nearly every other position.

And you won't build a premiership team in their footballing career from the bottom of the ladder with the majority of picks in the 40s to 80s. You need to give up talent to get the picks if you want to increase the chances if getting A graders.

Last edited:
You want to believe there is an easy fix and we aren't far off. The situation is more dire.

You can't build a side around the better players we have because they are either too old, always injured or too inconsistent. We have no injury free and gun key forwards, no consistent a grader mids (apart from maybe Taranto) and weaknesses in nearly every other position.

And you won't build a premiership team in their footballing career from the bottom of the ladder with the majority of picks in the 40s to 80s. You need to give up talent to get the picks if you want to increase the chances if getting A graders.
Nah I think it's far from an easy fix but Im also a believer that it's never as bad as it seems.

New fitness program and lessons learned by Yze should see a big improvement in itself. Plus the progression of the youngsters that have got the extra exposure this year.

The core next year could well be Nank, Taranto, Hopper, Martin, Bolton, Mansell, Lynch, Campbell, Baker, Ralphsmith, Vlastuin, Balta, Miller, Broad, Rioli, Brown and Short. That's solid. Then we need a few of McAuliffe, Sonsie, Banks, Clarke, Gibcus, Blight, Gray, Smith etc to step up. I expect pick 2 will play a fair bit too.

We should have 4 first round draft picks this year and next year. If we can nail 3 of them plus one or two later selections it will change the look of our side completely. Plus a trade and/or free agent or two next year.

I think it will turn quickly if we nail the next 2 off seasons. The midfield will be sorted this year and the backline is solid already.

Blair Hartley and livo ,,,,Iv e said earlier the balance of the season will provide real justification for drastic action req to rebuild the list . If we can’t get warm with near a full strength team in then we really have no other option other than to start again, sift through those that want to be part of it , TT and co and heave the rest to get in the currency needed . Let’s see how it all unfolds in next 8w

Then both those blokes need to get on the front foot and give Adem a chop out to help manage the message, vision & public perception. The club is not doing a great job at managing the transition. I can understand that the unexpected nature of our transition has left everyone in a bit of a state of trauma, but it can't be this transparent. It doesn't give the members confidence, but also prospective free agents, assistant coaches etc.

We are a club rebuilding not just its playing list, but its leadership, its coaching, match committee, medical & condition team etc etc etc. We will be advertising many many jobs right now and hoping to get "the best", who always has limitless options.

If i were a in-demand young player or high level assistant coach, i am not sure i would be picking Richmond. We are not screaming "control" atm.

If its true that Baker, Rioli & Bolton are looking for ways out (& it has not been suggested by the club), then i'm bloody disappointed in those blokes. They are the exact age we should be picking our next Captain from, not trying to stop a purge of exits from.

I don't know. If those 3 get traded we'll have a nice bunch of extra early draft picks. It's not like we'll be much chop next year with those players anyway.

I'm all for trading out players to load up on picks, but this is not the way. These blokes are not being shopped, they are doing the shopping themselves.

Bolton moving on now would be like Dusty moving on in 2016, exact same age.

1 of Baker or Rioli i could stomach, but i still think its not ideal.

Everything is a case of moderation. If 2+ of Bolton, Baker or either Rioli's leave, possibly at the same time we see Grimes, Lynch, Dust, Prestia move on either this or next season.... on top of the known batch of "Lifers" we just said goodbye too..... it would be much like going after both Hopper & Taranto, but x1000. The idea in theory is all fine, but its gotta be done right and in moderation, otherwise it can go seriously wrong.

I'm all for trading out players to load up on picks, but this is not the way. These blokes are not being shopped, they are doing the shopping themselves.

Bolton moving on now would be like Dusty moving on in 2016, exact same age.

1 of Baker or Rioli i could stomach, but i still think its not ideal.

Everything is a case of moderation. If 2+ of Bolton, Baker or either Rioli's leave, possibly at the same time we see Grimes, Lynch, Dust, Prestia move on either this or next season.... on top of the known batch of "Lifers" we just said goodbye too..... it would be much like going after both Hopper & Taranto, but x1000. The idea in theory is all fine, but its gotta be done right and in moderation, otherwise it can go seriously wrong.
My spider senses tell me baker is gone and that the club is finding the offer for rioli very tempting , I expect shai to stay

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My spider senses tell me baker is gone and that the club is finding the offer for rioli very tempting , I expect shai to stay

Shai is, without doubt, the one we need to stay. He is a game-winner. The others are good-sometimes elite-role players.

Baker..... disappointing. Thought he was better than that. I get it he want's to go home, but he wasn't feeling like that when we were winning flags. They all get homesick when the Losses out weight the Wins.

Dan, a bit the same tbh. I think he would be a bad loss as I think he still has up to 7 good years left in him, i think he will be a player that ages well and will re-adjust his game to fit different roles as he gets older. I keep seeing post that suggest "both" Rioli's are eyeing a move? is this accurate?

Dan leaving i could live with, even if Baker does as well. But i would want a minimum of 4 first rounders in our pocket to do that, even if we have to give some other picks back - and i want those picks evenly spread over 2 years, not all in one. It would have to be a PERFECT situation for us, draft wise. Wouldn't do it for less than that as i see it as borderline irresponsible to allow more dynasty guys out, especially ones in their prime.

As we have seen way too many times, 5 picks in the top 30 in one go is not the best way to use 5 x top 30 picks if possible.

Shai is, without doubt, the one we need to stay. He is a game-winner. The others are good-sometimes elite-role players.

Baker..... disappointing. Thought he was better than that. I get it he want's to go home, but he wasn't feeling like that when we were winning flags. They all get homesick when the Losses out weight the Wins.

Dan, a bit the same tbh. I think he would be a bad loss as I think he still has up to 7 good years left in him, i think he will be a player that ages well and will re-adjust his game to fit different roles as he gets older. I keep seeing post that suggest "both" Rioli's are eyeing a move? is this accurate?

Dan leaving i could live with, even if Baker does as well. But i would want a minimum of 4 first rounders in our pocket to do that, even if we have to give some other picks back - and i want those picks evenly spread over 2 years, not all in one. It would have to be a PERFECT situation for us, draft wise. Wouldn't do it for less than that as i see it as borderline irresponsible to allow more dynasty guys out, especially ones in their prime.

As we have seen way too many times, 5 picks in the top 30 in one go is not the best way to use 5 x top 30 picks if possible.
Dan would leave a gaping hole however he’s a HBF , I reckon just about every club would take 2 x r1 for him , more so where we coming from ground zero of rebuild

You also probably don’t mind what the pay check is either when you are surrounded by premiership players and playing in premierships. I’d be disappointed if Baker leaves for anything other than a big juicy contract.
Rioli would be silly to move . He’s got a dream job at Richmond running out of defence. But if it’s money you can’t begrudge anyone for that.
Yes we have to keep Bolton.

I think a big mistake to trade out a heart and soul player.
Yze will be properly rooted if this happens.
No these players are relics of our past dynasty and performances to date this year suggests they’re not making much difference
Ooze.era needs to start from ground zero and that req re birthing the list with prime pics , let’s start

I think a big mistake to trade out a heart and soul player.
Yze will be properly rooted if this happens.
I see Dan more focused on next chapter of his life with finance than bonding with next gen playing group
I’ve never seen him on social media with other squad players
Prob why he isn’t on leadership group

Yze needs to be more commanding and authoritative when doing media. He was on Sen and for half of the discussion he was fielding questions about his trip to the footy to watch Nathan browns son play and what that means etc. That's all OK but I couldn't gaf about Melbourne. He's representing us, he needed to guide the conversation back to the club he's coaching.

A small gripe but it annoyed me.

Yze needs to be more commanding and authoritative when doing media. He was on Sen and for half of the discussion he was fielding questions about his trip to the footy to watch Nathan browns son play and what that means etc. That's all OK but I couldn't gaf about Melbourne. He's representing us, he needed to guide the conversation back to the club he's coaching.

A small gripe but it annoyed me.
It is a small gripe , too small to be worthy , he talked of its context and put himself in the shoes of parents of our own players being next to a good friend
Right now the RFC is parallel with Wallace last year
Richo Bowden browny were all rissoled as the club began to invest heavily in next chapter
That’s where we are right now , diff dynamic is we have some bargaining chips that’ll help us accumulate r1 pics over 2y rather than 4-5 if we’re to do nothing at trade time but pray 🙏🏻

Remove this Banner Ad

Universal Love Welcome to Richmond Adem Yze

Remove this Banner Ad

Back