Universal Love Welcome to Richmond Adem Yze

Remove this Banner Ad

classic. But spot on.

Living in the past is for suckers. It's like people who try to tell you that modern "Disney" Star Wars shit is good. It's not. Its total trash.

If you are not "checkin'' the ones you love and being completely honest about them - then you're a liar and doing them no favours. I am all for someone arguing their points, but the second they lean on yesterdays papers to prove their point & fail to see its COMPLETELY irrelevant to whats happening today, they can **** right off.

Apologies for off topic but I will not have any Clone Wars or Bad Batch slander in this thread :p

Why we arguing over a guy who inherited Dimmas playing list, some of his coaches, a ceo on the move and a massive injury interrupted season. He actually only gets to put his real stamp on a few things this upcoming off season.
Please stop derailing this thread with facts

Please stop derailing this thread with facts
Fact Check Facebook GIF by INTO ACTION

View attachment 2045651

Adem Yze appears to be more a cheerleader than an AFL senior coach.

With Richmond’s fall from powerhouse to last on the AFL ladder now complete after just two wins in 17 rounds, the honeymoon is over for the first-year coach.

It’s clear Yze is desperate to be liked by his players and is afraid to publicly hold them accountable for unacceptable performances.

View attachment 2045652

The first warning sign of Yze’s soft approach came after Richmond were annihilated by 91 points against the Western Bulldogs in round nine.

After consecutive defeats of 43 points against Melbourne and 54 points to Fremantle, it would have been reasonable for Yze to criticise his players and send a message that meek performances would not be acceptable. Standards need to be set early in a new coaching regime.

Surprisingly, Yze appeared satisfied with his players’ efforts.

“I just spoke to our players about our effort, and I can’t fault our effort. The boys are trying. It’s like they are trying hard ... I’ve said this over and over that we can’t fault the effort; it’s just the execution and our tackle technique,” Yze said post-match.

This struck a concerning tone. Players could believe the coach was happy with their endeavours in a 91-point loss. It was not a shock that this disaster was followed by a season-high 119-point loss to the Brisbane Lions. At half-time, the score was 13 goals to two. The Richmond players had given up.

What did Yze expect after he had lowered the bar a week earlier? He had become a booster – and was slapped in the face for his cheerleading.

Yze’s approach contrasts sharply with that of successful coaches who don’t shy away from demanding the best from their players, even if it makes them unpopular.

The best coaches are respected, not necessarily liked, because they hold their teams to high standards. They push them to maximise their potential. Yze’s apparent fear of alienating his players seems to have created a lack of accountability. The result is Richmond’s dismal standing.

Former New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick won six Super Bowl trophies with a demanding and sometimes brutal coaching style. This approach is detailed by former players in the documentary Dynasty, which explores the highs and lows of the Patriots across a 20-year period.

No matter what the score was, Belichick cared more about the things they were doing poorly than what they were doing well. He never let them get ahead of themselves.
View attachment 2045653

“Most of the coaches in the NFL are coaching football, but he’s coaching warfare,” says former player Donte Stallworth. In a rare recorded team meeting, Belichick lived this theme.

“Now look,” he says, “I’m not saying we are in a war here, but I’m just telling you, understand how one stupid play, one stupid penalty, one mistake, ends it for us all.”

This ruthless style may not resonate with today’s more sensitive generation, but most successful AFL coaches have a hard edge. They are not looking to make friends with their players.

Geelong coach Chris Scott and Sydney’s John Longmire would not dare praise their players’ effort after a 91-point smashing.

Three-time premiership coach Damien Hardwick did not spare his Gold Coast players after the two-point loss to North Melbourne: “It’s my job as a coach to sit there and demand better because at the moment we’re capable of beating the premiership favourites last week and then this week we let ourselves down.”

Hardwick put it all on the table: “I’m angry, to be fair. As a footy club we’ve got to grow the f--- up to be perfectly honest.”

After a 51-point loss to Fremantle in the same round, Yze approach was the polar opposite: “I just spoke to the players around their effort, I couldn’t doubt their effort... We never turned our toes up, even the way we finished the game. I thought we were equal [for] inside 50s and time in the forward half, things like that. I thought we played the right way, even through [there’s] some frustration, but yeah their polish was just too good.”

This suggests the coach is too comfortable with mediocrity.

View attachment 2045654

In another poor look, Yze celebrated a Shai Bolton goal in jubilation with his players on the bench. He is not a supporter. He is the coach and needs to act like one.

The Tigers’ next five seasons will be painful as they rebuild their list.

They need a coach who will drive them hard, hold them accountable, and refuse to accept anything less than their best. They need a coach, not a best friend.

Rebuilding coaches seldom last more than five seasons. Yze has no hope of bucking the trend unless he changes his approach.
As I posted elsewhere.

Yze needs to clarify how he his quantifying "effort". Talk about the running stats if indeed that is how selection is being justified. While getting smashed in games of football.

Last edited:
It doesn't matter as ACL and other soft tissue injuries are rampant this year and last year it was the latter bc we've had our players poorly prepared and even rushed back too early. Those players did suffer these, but were all able to come back and not suffer them repeatedly as some have since Meehan took over. Prestia has missed a large percentage of his career with them, but we managed him correctly to get him back when it counted. That's the difference. When you're VFL side is down to 5-6 listed AFL players as well as a dozen top up vfl players going down questions need to be raised . This can't be bad luck bc it's two years now where they've increased rather than minimised to the norm.
Now the ACL injuries are going to ruin a 3rd season. Alarm bells was the management of Lynch, Gibcus, Soldo injuries last year. and all the others.

Lynch No 1 KPF in a 2KPF forward line we have not coped with. 4 games delivered us 13th. I would've sacked Meehan then.

Are you able to share and tell us what you mean by "I posted information from one of the coaching staff which may or may not be correct but does indicate that not all is right behind the scenes"

Are things bad at the club at the moment?
The staff member concerned is the relative of an in law and a comment was made that Dusty is unlikely to play again this year and later said a number of the senior players are unhappy with Aden EZY’s leadership. Make of this what you will this may simply be what happens on the appointment of a new coach and there will always be those unhappy with any change from the status Quo. As a senior I hate any change, I am constantly annoyed by having to constantly change providers for insurance, electricity and power due to insidious price increases to loyal customers and wonder why the promised benefits of the introduction of computer technology into our daily lives has not provided the quality of life originally promised.

The staff member concerned is the relative of an in law and a comment was made that Dusty is unlikely to play again this year and later said a number of the senior players are unhappy with Aden EZY’s leadership. Make of this what you will this may simply be what happens on the appointment of a new coach and there will always be those unhappy with any change from the status Quo. As a senior I hate any change, I am constantly annoyed by having to constantly change providers for insurance, electricity and power due to insidious price increases to loyal customers and wonder why the promised benefits of the introduction of computer technology into our daily lives has not provided the quality of life originally promised.
Any players that believe that show them the door. Our current performances are down to many things his inability to coach is not one of them.

There’s nothing more important than the postgame presser. Well, except for camels. For some reason, they’re super important.
when we are playing so poorly, everything at the club is under the microscope. Yze is the lone face and voice.

the preseason camel
injury toll again.
untidy CEO transition
new grandstand.

Unhappy senior players are never ever dropped. Now under a 3rd coach, is delivering a spoon.

Sad state of affairs.

Agree. He needs basic public speaking skills - plenty of ways to get this

It is also very unfair that Yze is carrying the majority load in the media .

There’s no CEO or President stepping in to share the load.
Plus having to deal with a media pack hounding him over players possibly leaving.

Looks ****ed in hindsight not getting a replacement for Gale earlier
THIS...
Yze is the current Public face of the RFC...
The Club is bereft of Leadership at the moment and is working from memory and going through the motions...
No ZAP or ZING around our Brand of Camel...just a slow sinking disappearance into a quagmire of sheeet...
Circle the wagons...man the pumps...people the oars!
Even Balmey has left us for greener pastures and bickies!
So many have left the Club and have left big holes to fill...
We are the Big Smelly Swiss Cheese of the Comp now!
Gale is patching the big financial hole appearing in the HMS PRO...trying to keep it all afloat...while his head is in Tassy!
The only positive is our current membership numbers...and even those are being undermined by The AFL Old Boys Club with new and dodgey membership quotas for rival Clubs!
Close to a 100,000 dill-usional supporters...
We 100,000 have nothing to look forward to but the Draft with our hoarded picks...and even now noises are coming from The Old Boys Club that even how picks are going to be used in the Draft...may be tampered with...
It's not a pretty picture!
And it's not a great place to currently start from to build a position of strength...with an incoming New AFL Team!
The Season cannot finish quick enough for the Club...
The Tiger mascot is 'head'-ing for the spot on the wall above the fireplace...
We have been done and dusted!

Disappointing if what you're saying is true. The senior players must realise that Adem will have his own style, they need to adjust but also support and back the new coach in as well.

We have had a terrific ride during the successful period, now it's time to support Adem as we begin the rebuild and transition period.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Problem is, too many supporters (and not just Richmond supporters) think that unless every coach is the greatest coach in history, then its a waste of time having them.

Even if he never wins us a premiership or ends up sacked in 3 years, if he can have some impact on our rebuild and our young players (which we can see he has) that is a plus for mine.

Dunno why people think every coach is either great or absolutely horrible and a waste of time.

We have been shithouse, but if we start turning on coaches like we are we are just back in the dark old days.

Nothing today was on Yze his become the escape boat.
Could even say there are positives from a game plan perspective

We won, Clearances (both stoppages and centre), contested possies and had more scoring shots 7 times out of 10 and he team that win those stats win the game

We gave ourselves plenty of opportunities to capitalise and kick a winning score, we kicked 12 behinds and some of the goals we gave up were terrible individual acts by players

Could even say there are positives from a game plan perspective

We won, Clearances (both stoppages and centre), contested possies and had more scoring shots 7 times out of 10 and he team that win those stats win the game

We gave ourselves plenty of opportunities to capitalise and kick a winning score, we kicked 12 behinds and some of the goals we gave up were terrible individual acts by players
💯 alot to like.

Remove this Banner Ad

Universal Love Welcome to Richmond Adem Yze

Remove this Banner Ad

Back