Universal Love Welcome to Richmond Adem Yze

Remove this Banner Ad

Could even say there are positives from a game plan perspective

We won, Clearances (both stoppages and centre), contested possies and had more scoring shots 7 times out of 10 and he team that win those stats win the game

We gave ourselves plenty of opportunities to capitalise and kick a winning score, we kicked 12 behinds and some of the goals we gave up were terrible individual acts by players
If he can just drop a few senior players ( not all at once) he would be getting better results. He’s still clueless on sub selection and activating it. Still matchups are not right , but I saw today as a positive with most of the kids and and improvement in game plan. Definitely must see where we are at after next season.
I’m just not keen atm that he’s only dropped one senior player all year. It could be bc the match committee with Fateague and Rutten pulling the reins.

Apologies for off topic but I will not have any Clone Wars or Bad Batch slander in this thread :p
Clone Wars was mostly Lucasfilm. Haven't watched Bad Batch.

Apart from Andor and The Mandalorian everything from Disney has been garbage. Haven't bothered with Acolyte.

If he can just drop a few senior players ( not all at once) he would be getting better results. He’s still clueless on sub selection and activating it. Still matchups are not right , but I saw today as a positive with most of the kids and and improvement in game plan. Definitely must see where we are at after next season.
I’m just not keen atm that he’s only dropped one senior player all year. It could be bc the match committee with Fateague and Rutten pulling the reins.
Goes both ways with dropping sr players and I don’t think it’s any easy balance to get right

Today for example the oldest player on the field from our side was Prestia and his inclusion solidified our midfield and what gave us those chances to win

Graham who has been on a few peoples hit list this year also had a fantastic day in both tagging a very dangerous player and also helping start a lot of attacks and having his hand in scoring opportunities for us

On the flip side Sonsie was probably our worst

Kids absolutely need to play but need to make sure that we aren’t just throw into them to the wolves either and have those old heads guiding and teaching them

Not saying Yze has done everything right either and agree that the balance hasn’t always been right but it wouldn’t be an easy task trying to balance between blooding youth but also winning games because ultimately wins are what is going to give the young players the confidence to keep playing to their strengths and get better

Goes both ways with dropping sr players and I don’t think it’s any easy balance to get right

Today for example the oldest player on the field from our side was Prestia and his inclusion solidified our midfield and what gave us those chances to win

Graham who has been on a few peoples hit list this year also had a fantastic day in both tagging a very dangerous player and also helping start a lot of attacks and having his hand in scoring opportunities for us

On the flip side Sonsie was probably our worst

Kids absolutely need to play but need to make sure that we aren’t just throw into them to the wolves either and have those old heads guiding and teaching them

Not saying Yze has done everything right either and agree that the balance hasn’t always been right but it wouldn’t be an easy task trying to balance between blooding youth but also winning games because ultimately wins are what is going to give the young players the confidence to keep playing to their strengths and get better
Short was a big problem today and he really has let Yze down this year. JGTI was solid in the second half, but he still looked like a 10yo trying to keep up with men in terms of speed. One average game is not good enough and he’s still needs to be moved on. I’m still the believer he can’t be in the side with Hopper. We were seven senior players down today and that hurt us badly. I think if Trezise started we would’ve finished closer and possibly even won it.
Broad, Balta , Bolton, Kmac , Rioli, Short and Baker were disappointing today.

There is no fine balance or loss by dropping Short or Kmac or both. It would be a start. Yze has nothing to lose as the season is shot and the only gain is he gets to look at more kids and give them experience.
Smith for Short
Trezise for Kmac
Blight plays sub.

Is the worst coach we've had since Frawley.

Gifts games to duds like Sonsie, Broad, Short and KMac
Selects hacks that don't have match fitness such as Ryan and Graham.
Drops kids we should be getting games into like Blight & McAuliffe
Plays debutants as sub such as Smith & McAuliffe
Game plan is non-existent. Just bomb it to a contest
Refuses to sub morons like Sonsie, Miller, Broad and co when they are getting flogged and
On record as saying the umpires are doing a great job and our injuries are just bad luck

Farking moron.

Short was a big problem today and he really has let Yze down this year.
100% agree
17 disposals in first half, 6 in the second
Macintosh 8 for the game.

It’s almost like Short drops his bundle when things aren’t going his way not great for a guy who was acting Captain this year.

Is the worst coach we've had since Frawley.

Gifts games to duds like Sonsie, Broad, Short and KMac
Selects hacks that don't have match fitness such as Ryan and Graham.
Drops kids we should be getting games into like Blight & McAuliffe
Plays debutants as sub such as Smith & McAuliffe
Game plan is non-existent. Just bomb it to a contest
Refuses to sub morons like Sonsie, Miller, Broad and co when they are getting flogged and
On record as saying the umpires are doing a great job and our injuries are just bad luck

Farking moron.

He’s doing a ripper job in the toughest of circumstances.
Game plan is great and today every indicator had us on top of a high class opponent.
Only issue was skill errors causing turnover. Hardly the coaches fault.
When those unforced errors stop or even reduce we’ll win games like today.
Thoroughly enjoyed watching the boys today, some really good signs.

He’s doing a ripper job in the toughest of circumstances.
Game plan is great and today every indicator had us on top of a high class opponent.
Only issue was skill errors causing turnover. Hardly the coaches fault.
When those unforced errors stop or even reduce we’ll win games like today.
Thoroughly enjoyed watching the boys today, some really good signs.
On top of a high class opponent. Scoreboard today and ladder position suggests otherwise. The contested possessions don’t matter when you
move it like us and when the opposition like the Giants get it and are able to swiftly kick it around the field as if we didn’t exist.

IF true let's hope they have the balls to resign at the end of the year or get found out and given their marching orders.
If that is the kind of backing Yze is getting from his "support" staff then no wonder we are struggling.
Same for Dusty. If that's how he feels, then thanks for the memmories and so long, all the best.
Agree, if true. Senior players should be supporting a new coach and actually show some leadership. Martin was never comfortable with being a leader. Sounds like he is happy playing golf nowadays

Credit to Nankervis, Prestia and Taranto for making the effort and showing leadership.

ok, I really don't think so.

any actual exampls of Yze sounding super impressive and installing a "trust the process" mentality? Anyone care to post a video of "this is the moment i knew we had the right guy?".

Honestly, feels like more of the same wishy washy optimism that walked us down this path for 3 years based on hope than reality. If we are on " the right track", then they better put the high-beams on as i and many many others do not see the road at all. Feels like we are driving in the dark through black ice if you ask me. All the people here i hold the most respect for in "opinions" and "vision" all seem to see the same "dark & stormy" future. Hope i am wrong - but for me, there is no "moment", or even "moments" that make me go "yep, this is the way".

I am all in on Adem while his contract exist, no other elite alternative exist and do certainly believe another pre-season where, hopefully, he is given the ability to make household changes to his off-field generals. The biggest challenge he faces is - can he convince any elite assistants to join him? Not certain there either. Dimma poached Grigg & Rance within weeks of his appointment. Who has Adem poached so far? Someone mentioned Leppa as an option earlier, and i agree - would love him back in the yellow & black - but why would he leave McRae who he trust to connect with Adem who he has SFA history with?

Who has Adem previously worked with that might be of interest? I'm just not sure if he has his "come to Jesus" badge yet. Without it, he will find it bloody hard to recruit in the elite help he requires. It was Dimma's biggest strength IMO. He could convince high quality people to come, stay etc. Well, until they smelt the bullshit when he rooted around on his wife with the staff.
Eventually dimma struggled to keep the elite assistants, both Blake C and Leppa moved on.

He hired Teague and Rutten because their respective clubs treated them poorly.

Coming from the Dees where 'contest and defence' is all we ever hear, I can't cope with how atrocious our team defence is. Loose men all over the field time and time again. Gives me the ****ing shits.
4 guys loose in the corridor 20m from goal and 1 marks a ****ing rain maker uncontested. Laughably bad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

4 guys loose in the corridor 20m from goal and 1 marks a ****ing rain maker uncontested. Laughably bad
It comes down to player discipline and we just have too many senior guys not supporting the team let alone the coach.
I’m happy to move them on for more picks and see what Yze can do with a young enthusiastic group of kids. My concern is the majority stay on and dish out the same garbage and then Yze will be the scapegoat. Yze needs fresh faces and not rely on the senior non performers to save his career otherwise he will be at risk of failing

Eventually dimma struggled to keep the elite assistants, both Blake C and Leppa moved on.

He hired Teague and Rutten because their respective clubs treated them poorly.
And the second line is the problem

Short was a big problem today and he really has let Yze down this year. JGTI was solid in the second half, but he still looked like a 10yo trying to keep up with men in terms of speed. One average game is not good enough and he’s still needs to be moved on. I’m still the believer he can’t be in the side with Hopper. We were seven senior players down today and that hurt us badly. I think if Trezise started we would’ve finished closer and possibly even won it.
Broad, Balta , Bolton, Kmac , Rioli, Short and Baker were disappointing today.

There is no fine balance or loss by dropping Short or Kmac or both. It would be a start. Yze has nothing to lose as the season is shot and the only gain is he gets to look at more kids and give them experience.
Smith for Short
Trezise for Kmac
Blight plays sub.
I agree with you post and that Tresize should have started but would we have been a 5 goal better side with him starting. Big call.

Well done for living in the present moment. It is often very difficult for those raised according to western mores to achieve this.

Season 8 Nbc GIF by The Office

I guess the danger is that taking an ahistorical perspective can leave you very frustrated when your footy team arrives at a nadir that has been baked into the system.

I’m not saying all your points are wrong, maybe a bit premature? I’m frustrated too. I really want to hear more from the club’s administration for a start. We were told clearly that the club will stay competitive and look to emulate the teams who have achieved relatively sustained success. This clearly hasn’t happened and they should be honest and held accountable. I think uze is trying to keep things calm when he’s probably very upset about how the cards have fallen so far. I don’t think we have enough information to get the knives out. It’s disgusting actually. He seems very likeable to me and I think he will gel with the younger players coming through, find his voice and arrive at a great game plan with time. It takes time…there’s no way around it.

To make it clear, i am not for moving him on or even suggesting we should UNLESS a clearly ELITE option becomes available. I will support him, but in will also be really honest about how he is travelling. So far, not great.

I agree completely with your comment too that it would be good to hear more from the club about where we are at, heading etc. It has been very disappointing how little support they have provided him publicly. He has poor assistants. The worst medical team. A very questionable match committee. Very questionable recruiting. And non-existent leadership from the board room and above.

As a Club, its an epic fail. Yze as a coach will be judged on his gameday strategy & his ability to manage that via the pressers. As of right now.,.. not great.

And there is the crux. This is not a "1 piece" problem - it is the entire club which is dropping the ball & that HAS to be concerning. If you are not concerned, then you are not present

One thing I did not like today was when Kosi sprayed a shot out of bounds in the last, the cameras crossed to the bench and both Yze and Nank were laughing. Now, I know at times when things go bad, you just have to laugh, but from professional footballers and leaders, you have to set an example, and make it known that that result from Kosi is not to be laughed at. It needs to be pointed out that you need to bloody well improve, and those momentum killers are ONE of the reasons we are getting beat. If you treat those types of basic skill errors as laughable/acceptable, rather than demanding better, then you are setting a pretty low benchmark.

One thing I did not like today was when Kosi sprayed a shot out of bounds in the last, the cameras crossed to the bench and both Yze and Nank were laughing. Now, I know at times when things go bad, you just have to laugh, but from professional footballers and leaders, you have to set an example, and make it known that that result from Kosi is not to be laughed at. It needs to be pointed out that you need to bloody well improve, and those momentum killers are ONE of the reasons we are getting beat. If you treat those types of basic skill errors as laughable/acceptable, rather than demanding better, then you are setting a pretty low benchmark.
I remember thinking that was an odd reaction. If you're on top of the ladder and that happens all good but we're sucking mass amounts of dick right now. Didn't look good for a professional coach to be doing that.

Imagine being so clueless you have to take something and spin a completely random context on it to justify your hatred for a new coach.

Yes, there seems to be a lot of matey laughing from the coach. It's odd, almost like he is trying to mask something. Contrast that to Kingsley, who presents as stern and uncompromising. Someone needs to have a word with Yze re how he is presenting himself on gameday.

Remove this Banner Ad

Universal Love Welcome to Richmond Adem Yze

Remove this Banner Ad

Back