Universal Love Welcome to Richmond Adem Yze

Remove this Banner Ad

Yze has been on a hiding to nothing since early on in the season. People have been calling for him to take a stand and set some standards. Unfortunately issues outside of his control haven't allowed him to do that this year as selection has often been tied to who was fit enough to play got selected even if their form didn't warrant it.

What I'm looking forward to is what happens once the season itself ends. Yze & Hartley can hit the reset button and start getting the list resembling what Yze wants, not what Hardwick left behind. I'm fully expecting there to be a clean out along the lines of 2009 when Hardwick came in and swept a broom through the place with a host of senior players retiring or being delisted and another swag of players deemed not good enough sent packing.

There are at least 10-12 players that can be moved on this year either through trades/free agency or delisting that will allow Yze to start putting his stamp on the list and get players on board that are willing to buy in. So I can honestly say I'm glad that today happened, because I hope that it actually showed those in charge that big changes are needed across the board.

The camel was Meehan’s idea.

“Tigers high performance boss Luke Meehan had the idea and leadership and culture consultant Shane McCurry did the dirty work, driving a few hours east to collect a pair of plastic life-size camels.”
how is this farrkn campaigner still at the club

Yze has been on a hiding to nothing since early on in the season. People have been calling for him to take a stand and set some standards. Unfortunately issues outside of his control haven't allowed him to do that this year as selection has often been tied to who was fit enough to play got selected even if their form didn't warrant it.

What I'm looking forward to is what happens once the season itself ends. Yze & Hartley can hit the reset button and start getting the list resembling what Yze wants, not what Hardwick left behind. I'm fully expecting there to be a clean out along the lines of 2009 when Hardwick came in and swept a broom through the place with a host of senior players retiring or being delisted and another swag of players deemed not good enough sent packing.

There are at least 10-12 players that can be moved on this year either through trades/free agency or delisting that will allow Yze to start putting his stamp on the list and get players on board that are willing to buy in. So I can honestly say I'm glad that today happened, because I hope that it actually showed those in charge that big changes are needed across the board.

And your excuse for Short playing every week? I'd take 17 then him in the team right now.

"Players love him"..... did you see everyone look at each other??? Issues within the 4 walls.

1722676037075.png

they were looking at him because he signalled/communicated something to them, it wasn't because of what Rourke said.

At what point is the onus on the players to get the confidence they need though?

I don’t want us to become like Essendon where the players stop “playing for the coach” every second year.

They just have to get on with what they have now

This is what I think too - some of these players are triple premiership players. They should have ALL the confidence the need already.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree Yze is far from the finished product and hopefully he’s learning some lessons, might not be the answer long term but I think a little early to call. To be fair he was coaching against a 4 time premiership coach with a sh!t load of first round draft picks at his disposal and if Yze’s players had of executed they should win. So is his coaching the issue?
Taranto turnover under no pressure resulting in goal, Miller ditto and I keep harping on him but short coughed up 5 goals. Plenty of good goal opportunities missed too. F***kn frustrating but my ire is directed at the players presently not the coach.

* in an era long gone Eric Leech walked in to the great Graham Richmond’s office and said ‘the facilities are sub standard and we need an upgrade’. GR replied ‘Jack Dyer showered in those rooms and if it was good enough for him, it’s sure as sh!t good enough for you Eric’. Subsequently we had a 37 year drought and were the laughing stock of the competition.
Point being celebrate the past but don’t live in it.

The posters bagging Yze are the same posters who bagged Hardwick even after winning 3 flags.

I don’t even bother reading this thread anymore, it’s full of absolute shit by the same idiots who have no clue

Had a listen to what O'Rourke had to say and to be honest there wasn't a lot he could say without creating more click bait for the media to run with.

Said the right thing when it came to the contracted players so that it doesn't weaken any negotiations and that at this stage both are required players and that there is no discussions on going about them being traded, he said he is happy for Martin to take his time and make his decision when he is ready. Respects what Baker is going through with a big decision for his future and hopes that he remains but understands the draw to return home. As far as further changes to the coaching ranks, he said that at this stage there aren't any plans for major changes, but that's an issue for Tim Livingstone and Adem to work through. Said that Hartley is committed to the club at this stage and is excited about the upcoming off season.

With regards to Adem, he said that the club appointed him with a long term view and that he can see him being a 5-10 year coach and that he has been exceptional in a tough year both on and off field. He also said that there will be a new face of Richmond established over the next 2-3 years, which has them excited for the future.

With regards the redevelopment of Punt Road he said that it's going to be a tough couple of years while it's being built, especially financially as we will deal with the impact of not playing finals, which will hurt the bottom line a bit, but that when it is built it will be a great club and AFL asset for both the mens and womens programs.

Yze inherited the worst list position in the AFL, Hardwick left us a mess, accept that, and then we were crucified by injuries for the first two thirds of the year.

This is the beginning now, from 2025 onwards we see what he can do as he builds the list the way he wants it, not the thing he got left to deal with.

What do people want the president to say?

"yeah, we have been disgusting. Yze is clueless and heads WILL roll"
Definitely not this as it leaves him looking like a snake oil salesman if results don’t improve soon.

With regards to Adem, he said that the club appointed him with a long term view and that he can see him being a 5-10 year coach and that he has been exceptional in a tough year both on and off field

Remove this Banner Ad

Universal Love Welcome to Richmond Adem Yze

Remove this Banner Ad

Back