Universal Love Welcome to Richmond Adem Yze

Remove this Banner Ad

how many members do we loose if they dont get rid of louie post season ?

Not many

Most of our members would not know who he is. Not an insult on them, but most football club members probably don’t take notice of club staff outside the coaches. I never really did until I joined this forum eitherz

Bigfooty tends to the more the minority of hardcore fans. The average fan would not be interested in who our fitness coach or medical staff are.

Have any of our players come back from an injury in the normal expected time? It's like if someone does a hammy or something we don't see them for the rest of the year.
the campaigners a butcher

I'd say 90% of our members have no idea who Louie is
bullwackers

the vast majority who buy a membership are invested in the club

actually want to see them keep louie now to see how many drop off

bullwackers

the vast majority who buy a membership are invested in the club

actually want to see them keep louie now to see how many drop off
I go to games with my 70 year old uncle who's been a member longer than I've been alive. I brought Louie up with him and he said he'd never heard of him.

. At the moment he is on a hiding to nothing.
And maybe for some of next year too.

Fact is clubs have wanted him in their coaching dept and he’s respected.
Tricky spot the next two years, you don’t want to see poor/average efforts rewarded and I dont want to finish 15th or higher next year.
It’s going to take a strong character to sell that to the members and keep the players engaged and keep them believing in him.

Bris in 2016 finish 17th, Leppitsch gets the flick. Fagan comes in
Bris 2017. Spoon
Bris 2018. Finish 15th
Bris 2019. Finish 2nd.

He needs to be able to drop poor efforts and keep the playing group and the fans believing in him while he builds a list.
If he starts trying to win games next year we are headed for no mans land.
For a long time.

No one knows who he’s is except nuffies like us on here.
Yeah tend to agree
Although most wouldn’t admit it we are definitely in the nuffie tier supporter group
Probably just a rung below the cheer squad

We would know and be across a lot more than probably 98% of the rest of tigers members

If we drop members it will simply be because we aren’t winning games of footy not because we keep or replace the fitness guy

we did not have a good feild to choose from. balmey cautioned against him. not many fruit on the tree to pick from. prepared to give it another year but can’t see any semblance of game plan.
agree. zero game plan and zero player development imo. he is a dud until he proves otherwise.

agree. zero game plan and zero player development imo. he is a dud until he proves otherwise.

Ralphsmith?
Banks?
Campbell?
Le Fau?

I would argue he is developing players quicker than Dimma, how often under Dimma did so many of our players take years and years to come good?

Its our senior players letting us down and he doesn't have much elite young talent at his disposals. But he has done well with most of the ones he has.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

need to replace fitness and conditioning team so as to give the coach a chance.

Coaches need support and our current conditioning team is not support.

More games like today probably all of next year but hopefully with some hope coming from the younger players in the side.

Today was such a boring game that I should have popped down to Cramers street to watch Preston take on Coburg in the VFL.

And maybe for some of next year too.

Fact is clubs have wanted him in their coaching dept and he’s respected.
Tricky spot the next two years, you don’t want to see poor/average efforts rewarded and I dont want to finish 15th or higher next year.
It’s going to take a strong character to sell that to the members and keep the players engaged and keep them believing in him.

Bris in 2016 finish 17th, Leppitsch gets the flick. Fagan comes in
Bris 2017. Spoon
Bris 2018. Finish 15th
Bris 2019. Finish 2nd.

He needs to be able to drop poor efforts and keep the playing group and the fans believing in him while he builds a list.
If he starts trying to win games next year we are headed for no mans land.
For a long time.
100 percent agree with you, but when you're one of the 4 big clubs with a rabid fan base out for blood and flags it's a hard sell. It can turn real quick though

Ralphsmith?
Banks?
Campbell?
Le Fau?

I would argue he is developing players quicker than Dimma, how often under Dimma did so many of our players take years and years to come good?

Its our senior players letting us down and he doesn't have much elite young talent at his disposals. But he has done well with most of the ones he has.
ralphsmith was flying before yze became coach. lefau is a naturally gifted football across multiple codes who was only played this year out of necessity and would have played well anyway due to his natural talent. banks was playing good footy last year as well so this completely debunks your argument. If he was a great coach then surely he would be able to implement a game plan and style that the triple premiership players could buy into. but he hasnt has he! in terms of game plan can you honestly say he has implemented a winning game plan? we have now lost more games than in any other season in the history of the footy club. the only thing that has saved his arse as a coach is theat thw mwdical staff are more inept than he is. disgraceful.

I’m always super angry with Yze during games but watching his press conferences, he carries himself with a lot of dignity. I’m not sure he’s a massively confrontational person though which is an achilles heel in this industry. He doesn’t necessarily have to be a mean bastard but he needs to learn that with standard setting comes tough conversations.

I’m always super angry with Yze during games but watching his press conferences, he carries himself with a lot of dignity. I’m not sure he’s a massively confrontational person though which is an achilles heel in this industry. He doesn’t necessarily have to be a mean bastard but he needs to learn that with standard setting comes tough conversations.
I thought today was one of his better press conferences. I am looking forward to next year hopefully with a full list and early draft picks.

I don't think that's actually true. When Dimma was a good coach he was far less confrontational than he became 2-3 years ago. You can have tough conversations effectively without being confrontational.

Yze’s use (lack of use) of a tactical sub and playing Brown fwd and signing Ryan are 3 crosses I have marked agst him.
Hasn’t had a competitive team but no excuse for crap decisions.

Last edited:
ralphsmith was flying before yze became coach. lefau is a naturally gifted football across multiple codes who was only played this year out of necessity and would have played well anyway due to his natural talent. banks was playing good footy last year as well so this completely debunks your argument. If he was a great coach then surely he would be able to implement a game plan and style that the triple premiership players could buy into. but he hasnt has he! in terms of game plan can you honestly say he has implemented a winning game plan? we have now lost more games than in any other season in the history of the footy club. the only thing that has saved his arse as a coach is theat thw mwdical staff are more inept than he is. disgraceful.
Don’t agree about Ralphsmith - he hadnt done much until this year. Not sure he will be better than C grade anyway.

Hard to do comparisons on others because Dimma and Mini didn’t play any kids or not much. So you will see some improvement as they play more games this year but can’t really credit that to Yze

I think it’s strange that Newman is in the FD as an assistant after applying for the head coach role.
Dunno I’d like to have someone who wants my job that close while I’m trying to build a new leadership rapport.

I think it’s strange that Newman is in the FD as an assistant after applying for the head coach role.
Dunno I’d like to have someone who wants my job that close while I’m trying to build a new leadership rapport.
I totally get your point, but don't most assistant coaches want a head coach job? Isn't just about everyone trying to advance their careers?

Remove this Banner Ad

Universal Love Welcome to Richmond Adem Yze

Remove this Banner Ad

Back