Universal Love Welcome to Richmond Adem Yze

Remove this Banner Ad

I still can’t understand at the start of the year he presumably has senior players onboard in removing their photos of their great achievements and then by the end of the year most of the senior players were not performing for him and some are asking for trades whilst still contracted. Nothing adds up to me with this bloke.
Next year if he can’t get all the players onboard then we may have a problem. It’s the first thing I will be observing during the offseason on how they train and prepare as a group . Caracella is a massive get for him and he at least will have them working on a game plan with Newey as well. Yze next year should have an easier year although results may not be apparent, but he’s still got a mountain to climb as his personal development as a coach.
Extending his contract is utter madness as anyone off the streets could’ve got two wins from that team as a minimum.

Last edited:
I still can’t understand at the start of the year he presumably has senior players onboard in removing their photos of their great achievements and then by the end of the year most of the senior players were not performing for him and some are asking for trades whilst still contracted. Nothing adds up to me with this bloke.
Next year if he can’t get all the players onboard then we may have a problem. It’s the first thing I will observing during the offseason on how they train and prepare as a group . Caracella is a massive get for him and he at least will have them working on a game plan with Newey as well. Yze next year should have an easier year although results may not be apparent, but he’s still got a mountain to climb as his personal development as a coach.
Extending his contract is utter madness as anyone off the streets could’ve got two wins from that team as a minimum.
I don't think you can put it down to posters, honestly who cares. we need to move on from that era. footy stops for no one let's not live in the past if we want future success.

I just think Rioli was convinced by Hardwick who he lived with & knows there is going to be some tough times.
Bolton doesn't want to do the hard yards required.
Baker is probably the least one I am frustrated with because he is out of contract & was always chance to go back to WA.

I don't think you can put it down to posters, honestly who cares. we need to move on from that era. footy stops for no one let's not live in the past if we want future success.

I just think Rioli was convinced by Hardwick who he lived with & knows there is going to be some tough times.
Bolton doesn't want to do the hard yards required.
Baker is probably the least one I am frustrated with because he is out of contract & was always chance to go back to WA.
I'm not saying it's the postergate saga. I'm saying why did the harmony change from the beginning of the year? They were happy then , but disgruntled by the end of the season . So it meant they must of been unhappy with other aspects of him and possibly his coaching/methods. I'm not buying into that as Bolton and Rioli committed to long contracts .

I'm not saying it's the postergate saga. I'm saying why did the harmony change from the beginning of the year? They were happy then , but disgruntled by the end of the season . So it meant they must of been unhappy with other aspects of him and possibly his coaching/methods. I'm not buying into that as Bolton and Rioli committed to long contracts .
My issues with Yze would be more do around with structure and gamestyle. I have seen some concerning things this year.

My issues with Yze would be more do around with structure and gamestyle. I have seen some concerning things this year.
Well yes so have I , but was it bc certain players weren’t playing for him . You already said that Bolton doesn’t want to do the hard yards . However he has for years been one of the highest rated mid/forwards.
This is why I want to see what happens from the preseason and into next year if things improve both off field and on field.
This year went from happy clapping at the start to total ape droppings by the end.

Last edited:
You’ve seen structures? I see nothing without the ball and I see nothing with the ball

You’ve seen structures? I see nothing without the ball and I see nothing with the ball
I don't think we structure up as well defensively, compared to when Hardwick was coach.
It's no surprise that we had our biggest defeat v Lions last year not long after Mini got the keys & it's only got worse under Yze.
I don't know if that's some of the players have given up or coaching, probably both.

Last edited:
I don't think we structure up as well defensively, compared to when Hardwick was coach.
It's no surprise that we had our biggest defeat v Lions last year not long after Mini got the keys & it's only got worse under Yze.
I know if that's some of the players have given up or coaching, probably both.
The biggest issue is we have NFI without the ball , now there a lot of nature players out there and they don’t all suddenly forget how to play , teams are coached on structure we have no structure

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The biggest issue is we have NFI without the ball , now there a lot of nature players out there and they don’t all suddenly forget how to play , teams are coached on structure we have no structure
True...but we have had an enormous amount of player injuries that causes issues with the best of game plans..

True...but we have had an enormous amount of player injuries that causes issues with the best of game plans..
I get that to a point , in the pre season when they were practicing the “game plan” surely the entire squad was involved so in theory they were all on the same page , it’s not like they only practiced with the nominal first team , so again in theory it’s shouldn’t matter who was playing the only differences would be ability.

That not what looked like , it looked like they were all on different planets , and that comes back to coaching as a team

I get that to a point , in the pre season when they were practicing the “game plan” surely the entire squad was involved so in theory they were all on the same page , it’s not like they only practiced with the nominal first team , so again in theory it’s shouldn’t matter who was playing the only differences would be ability.

That not what looked like , it looked like they were all on different planets , and that comes back to coaching as a team
One word...transition...transition from hard baked Dimma 'game plan' and invested players...to a new broom sweeping the sausages out...

If I was Yze the first thing I'd be doing in preseason training is bringing out the tackle bags and drilling it into the boys how to stick a tackle. We seem to have forgotten that basic skill. Non negotiable.
That and too many slipping over has driven me insane...

Next year if he can’t get all the players onboard then we may have a problem. It’s the first thing I will observing during the offseason on how they train and prepare as a group . Caracella is a massive get for him and he at least will have them working on a game plan with Newey as well. Yze next year should have an easier year although results may not be apparent, but he’s still got a mountain to climb as his personal development as a coach.

Surely the senior players that are staying will all be onboard, otherwise they would just leave now.

Yze is in all sorts though longterm. Yes this year had all the injuries, but the win/loss will still be held against him. If Lynch is cooked, its pretty clear its very hard to win any game with Kosi and Ryan etc up forward. Any young forward wont be winning us games for a few years, Lefau is coming off an ACL.

The next few years will just be getting games into kids and have them playing together, but if we win say 4 games next year and 5 the year after, even if the kids are looking really good, can you survive a win/loss of 11-58 or so? Will be pretty epic job for a new coach coming in, in 2 years time if it does fall that way. Would be timing it similar to Dimma.

Rioli Bolton and Baker walking out at 25-27 years old is an unmitigated disaster

Dimma kept Rance dusty and Cotch through 2014-2016, it’s about selling a vision and team identity.

Yze has just handed us decades in the wilderness, IMO

That bloody camel
you do realise the camel was Not his idea, anything for an excuse. Also Dimmas final year we struggled as well. So how about we blame him and give a first year coach time to resolve the list.

Remove this Banner Ad

Universal Love Welcome to Richmond Adem Yze

Remove this Banner Ad

Back