Universal Love Welcome to Richmond Adem Yze

Remove this Banner Ad

I hope we get as many wins as possible but still win the spoon in 25. 26 should be our growth year. 2011/2012 vibes.

I vote for second last every year till Tassie comes in. Unless there is a Harley Reid type player in the draft we need pick 1 for.

Is this Sharp guy I keep hearing about that good?

I vote for second last every year till Tassie comes in. Unless there is a Harley Reid type player in the draft we need pick 1 for.

Is this Sharp guy I keep hearing about that good?
Let’s tank , that works well for club culture

When your best players walk out big chance you end up a basket case at the bottom of the ladder for years ... like North ... and early draft picks don't guarantee anything ... just ask the Suns

... has there been a number 6 pick in history ... that has played more games than Dan Rioli?
a #6 that plays more games than Dan from here on in ya mean....DRiolis not playing 175 games including 3 flags at his next club surely ?

When your best players walk out big chance you end up a basket case at the bottom of the ladder for years ... like North ... and early draft picks don't guarantee anything ... just ask the Suns

... has there been a number 6 pick in history ... that has played more games than Dan Rioli?
It will end up pick 7 with Ashcroft bid, Melbourne will have pick 6!!!

It will end up pick 7 with Ashcroft bid, Melbourne will have pick 6!!!
Miss Piggy Whatever GIF by Sky

Do you want to put in 100% effort and finish 15th or tank to finish 17-18th?

I think the choice is obvious. We should be experimenting like heck and playing/drafting good players.

Remember Dusty and Cotch were pick 2 and 3. High picks are a necessity for flags.
Well at least we have right coach for it then

Guys, it's obvious this year was crap. With all the ins and outs due to injuries we couldn't build any momentum. We will see in the next couple of years whether Yze is the man to lead us back to the promised land. We just need to be patient. Remember we nearly turfed Dimma at the end of the 2016 season and were premiers the following year.

I understand people are not happy where we are at the moment however I'm old enough to clearly remember watching the 1980 Grand Final on TV and Richmond beating the Pies by a record margin. I felt like we were going to smash to the competition for the next decade only to end up being mediocre for the next 37 years. All the while copping it from family left right and centre who are Hawthorn supporters.

Last edited:
Don’t have to tank if we play purely a lot of the kids due to inexperience.
Where have I said we should tank , maybe you need to reply to the poster I was replying to who advocated for bottom 2

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you want to put in 100% effort and finish 15th or tank to finish 17-18th?

I think the choice is obvious. We should be experimenting like heck and playing/drafting good players.

Remember Dusty and Cotch were pick 2 and 3. High picks are a necessity for flags.
We don't need to be experimenting. We have a core of experience that should be the foundation of our best 23. Over summer we should be working out the remainder of the 23 and where possible should be aiming for as much consistency as possible with the line up to build that chemistry and understanding that we were lacking this year due to the constant chopping and changing due to the injuries.

That is how the Hawks slowly built up their side. We're someone fortunate that this year gave us a bit of a head start in developing the kids as we got games into the likes of Campbell & Mansell(20) Brown & Ralphsmith (17) Dow (16) Banks (15) Sonsie (13) Maurice (10) McAuliffe (8) Ryan & Trezise (7) & Green (6). Not all of those listed will make it, but we've given them the chance to prove themselves.

Where we'll finish will take care of itself, but there is no way we should be actively looking to finish on the bottom of the ladder. Other sides have gone down that path and have struggled to make the jump from struggling to contending. Our culture should always be about winning.

He's no good. Our midfield was horrific under him. It's no coincidence the dees midfield was shit this year too
It was performing better than what it was this year, Taranto was firing last season, Dusty had a much better year so did Bolton.
He also went 7-6 much better than what Yze did while having a full year.

The Dees problems have been bubbling for a while & are you forgetting Yze was in charge the Dees midfield last year?
they have off-field issues so you can't blame McQualter for that surely... lol

He's no good. Our midfield was horrific under him. It's no coincidence the dees midfield was shit this year too

They lost their best player, Oliver had a poor season and Viney is aging. Not exactly Minis fault tbf

It was performing better than what it was this year, Taranto was firing last season, Dusty had a much better year so did Bolton.
He also went 7-6 much better than what Yze did while having a full year.

The Dees problems have been bubbling for a while & are you forgetting Yze was in charge the Dees midfield last year?
they have off-field issues so you can't blame McQualter for that surely... lol
I meant when he was the midfield line coach. Terrible. Dees fans will be happy to see the back of him, their midfield was poor this year.

He had also been our forward coach and ball movement coach in 2019, he also did pretty well when he was our interim coach, had a 7-6 record without guys like Lynch and Gibcus.
With cotchin, Martin, riewoldt, Hopper, taranto, Grimes, Prestia, pickett etc etc. Gibcus wouldn't have added any W's.

Our midfield under performed with Cotchin, Prestia, Martin and Bolton for years and woth Hopper and Taranto later. He's a dud. 0 tactical nous.

With cotchin, Martin, riewoldt, Hopper, taranto, Grimes, Prestia, pickett etc etc. Gibcus wouldn't have added any W's.

Our midfield under performed with Cotchin, Prestia, Martin and Bolton for years and woth Hopper and Taranto later. He's a dud. 0 tactical nous.
Prestia and Hopper were injured for the majority of Minis tenure, Cotchin, Riewoldt and Grimes were all cooked don't think they were a particularly big factor. Wouldn't call him a dud, must've done some things right to have gone 7-6, been in the running for the tiges and eagles job and be highly regarded by the players, namely Cotchin

Prestia and Hopper were injured for the majority of Minis tenure, Cotchin, Riewoldt and Grimes were all cooked don't think they were a particularly big factor. Wouldn't call him a dud, must've done some things right to have gone 7-6, been in the running for the tiges and eagles job and be highly regarded by the players, namely Cotchin
What was Teagues record as caretaker? The players loved him so much Blues had to give him the job. Dud was harsh but I won't be losing any sleep if he becomes a head coach.

What was Teagues record as caretaker? The players loved him so much Blues had to give him the job. Dud was harsh but I won't be losing any sleep if he becomes a head coach.
Don't follow carlton close enough to know that but I don't think Voss has been much better has he? especially since Teague never had a fit Curnow.But it's a different situation regardless, with different people and clubs. Conversely longmire taking over after roos worked out pretty well.

Guys, it's obvious this year was crap. With all the ins and outs due to injuries we couldn't build any momentum. We will see in the next couple of years whether Yze is the man to lead us back to the promised land. We just need to be patient. Remember we nearly turfed Dimma at the end of the 2016 season and were premiers the following year.

I understand people are not happy where we are at the moment however I'm old enough to clearly remember watching the 1980 Grand Final on TV and Richmond beating the Pies by a record margin. I felt like we were going to smash to the competition for the next decade only to end up being mediocre for the next 37 years. All the while copping it from family left right and centre who are Hawthorn supporters.
You got this right ... looks like we are destined for the wilderness again

Remove this Banner Ad

Universal Love Welcome to Richmond Adem Yze

Remove this Banner Ad

Back