Universal Love Welcome to Richmond Adem Yze

Remove this Banner Ad

Need to heck Livingstone off. It's all gone to shite since Gale and co knifed Balmey to put Dimma's yes man in charge of the footy department

No way Balmey lets Dimma trade our future away for Taranto and Hopper and then lets Fly, Leppa & Kingsley walk out the door.

There’s strong rumours Dimma is wanting him north.

I wouldn’t cry if he was to go.

Blair is a different story, I do think he has some genius qualities. He’s a bit aloof and different, but that adds to his brilliance.

We need to get in the best. Livingstone to me doesn’t represent this. Kinnear Beatson may want a role more guidance as he looks to transition out. Guy has seen it all and knows football more than most. He’d support Toce and Blair no end and be able to do contracts and support our coaches.

I think it’s time now to work on getting Trent Cotchin back in an executive role. Head of Leadership and Performance at the club. The progress of our players mental side and culture falls on him and his branch. He's proven himself already at another club. We don’t need to see more. Help us build that foundation properly.

Jake Batchelor seems like a cheap option and may need support to help develop our kids and also structure our development program. And himself. Matthew Knights has experience in abundance. He’s won a flag at VFL level. Bring him home, he’s always wanted that. Head of Development role would be perfect. Sit in the VFL and on the bench at AFL level whilst we have that young team.

I would target one more senior coach to support Adem as well. Cameron Bruce is now a Premiership assistant coach. Is there a chance to reunite? Possibly. He’d be amazing next to Yze and alongside Caracella, Newman, Rutten and Morris.

Need to heck Livingstone off. It's all gone to shite since Gale and co knifed Balmey to put Dimma's yes man in charge of the footy department

No way Balmey lets Dimma trade our future away for Taranto and Hopper and then lets Fly, Leppa & Kingsley walk out the door.
Balmey messed up in 2020 though by giving Dimma the fat contract which forced everyone to slowly leave as their wages remained the same. Benny and Balmey signed off on that against a few members of the boards will as they wanted him sacked . Balmey became too contented in the end. Then his health went downhill and the others like Livo went down as the avalanche had already started. The time Hardwick wasn’t sacked was the beginning of the end and that falls mainly on Gale and Balme.

Starting to get concerned that everything we did so well and worked so hard for as a club has just turned to dust and fallen through our fingers.
2019 we were Industry Leaders as an Organisation a destination club and the envy of everyone.
In the space of 100 games or thereabouts we look like we are on our arse.

I think we need a highly respected football person as Director of Football.

We need to stop saying our culture is good, it's not good anymore, players want out of the club for a reason.

Selfish or not the players leaving obviously don't have trust in the direction of the way the club is going Yze or not.
especially the guys under contract, with Baker fair enough out of contract & it became obvious at some stage he wanted to go back home, but the others re-signed long-term deals at time when we weren't dominating.

I personally am not going to put all the blame on Yze but you must give him a certain whack too, I think it's a combination of people at the club that have let things slide culturally, Gale, Dimma & some of the senior players have not led in a good way.

This is one of the reasons I am worried about our upcoming draftee players coming into the club, I am not sure we are a good club that develops talent in the right way compared to the early Dimma days & during the Premiership where we had bunch of low picks + rookies become a lot more than what people thought they would become.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No one has knifed Balme. Sheesh man, just use google if you have to. Even read Balmes book. The man has health issues. He’s not up to it now.

Starting to get concerned that everything we did so well and worked so hard for as a club has just turned to dust and fallen through our fingers.
2019 we were Industry Leaders as an Organisation a destination club and the envy of everyone.

The same thing was said about hawks after 2018....we just need to find these new young leaders who want to step to the plate.

lol we got livo in that role right now , he’s only been involved in 3 premierships paired with Hartley I’d like to think we re in good hands there as they genuinely know what success looks like . I’d be very nervous being at this fork in the road with newbs hands on the wheel steering the ship .

There’s strong rumours Dimma is wanting him north.

I wouldn’t cry if he was to go.

Blair is a different story, I do think he has some genius qualities. He’s a bit aloof and different, but that adds to his brilliance.

We need to get in the best. Livingstone to me doesn’t represent this. Kinnear Beatson may want a role more guidance as he looks to transition out. Guy has seen it all and knows football more than most. He’d support Toce and Blair no end and be able to do contracts and support our coaches.

I think it’s time now to work on getting Trent Cotchin back in an executive role. Head of Leadership and Performance at the club. The progress of our players mental side and culture falls on him and his branch. He's proven himself already at another club. We don’t need to see more. Help us build that foundation properly.

Jake Batchelor seems like a cheap option and may need support to help develop our kids and also structure our development program. And himself. Matthew Knights has experience in abundance. He’s won a flag at VFL level. Bring him home, he’s always wanted that. Head of Development role would be perfect. Sit in the VFL and on the bench at AFL level whilst we have that young team.

I would target one more senior coach to support Adem as well. Cameron Bruce is now a Premiership assistant coach. Is there a chance to reunite? Possibly. He’d be amazing next to Yze and alongside Caracella, Newman, Rutten and Morris.
Buy cheap you buy twice

lol we got livo in that role right now , he’s only been involved in 3 premierships paired with Hartley I’d like to think we re in good hands there as they genuinely know what success looks like . I’d be very nervous being at this fork in the road with newbs hands on the wheel steering the ship .

Not so much the 3 premierships but he was there through the worst days of Hardwick, he's seen this situation before and knows what it takes to build it back up. Balmey was great for us, no doubt, but the platform was well and truly built by the time he got there.

No one has knifed Balme. Sheesh man, just use google if you have to. Even read Balmes book. The man has health issues. He’s not up to it now.

That's your narrative. He wanted to go on and clearly stated it even in a part time role. Gale shouldn't even been making that decision as he was checked out and no right to make future plans. The club made the call on Balmey not himself and that crap it was based on his health I never bought it.

Before Balme come over Livingstone was a mess all over the joint and Balme organised the whole football department. Balme handed the reins to him and Hartley. Livingstone has made a few to many blews fitness and conditioning appointment and continuing with it , recruitment , and poor appointments of assistant coaches to.

Not so much the 3 premierships but he was there through the worst days of Hardwick, he's seen this situation before and knows what it takes to build it back up. Balmey was great for us, no doubt, but the platform was well and truly built by the time he got there.
Utter crap. The joint was a mess you forgot 2016 Dimma was on life support. Football department was a circus. As soon as Balme come things changed and he organised the joint top to bottom even Dimma acknowledged it. Like they say success follows him.

I hope your right Bo.
Livingstone has only ever worked at Richmond in the AFL Industry.
I don’t want to be all doom and gloom but it doesn’t look to me like we have a Balme type who has seen it all before and been at different clubs where they have built their way back to the top or supported a new coach to do it.

Before Balme come over Livingstone was a mess all over the joint and Balme organised the whole football department. Balme handed the reins to him and Hartley. Livingstone has made a few to many blews fitness and conditioning appointment and continuing with it , recruitment , and poor appointments of assistant coaches to.

Factually incorrect. What was Dan Richardsons role at Richmond? For a start. Hint...GM of Football.
Balmey organised the whole football department? He did nothing of the sort. In fact it is laughable to state he organised anything in a 21st century business sense. Organisation structure? Set KPIs for coaches? Formal and informal performance reviews? Opened a computer?
He was great as a mentor, calmed things down, handled the media and took a lot of pressure off Hardwick. But get some perspective, please.
Livingstone has been responsible for conditioning, they report to him (and changes have been made) assistant coaches also, but the senior coach has the call on who they bring in, don't overstate that either. He also did all the work during our dynasty years too. Ran the club in the hub (where was Balmey?) and delivered the best flag of the 3 imo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Universal Love Welcome to Richmond Adem Yze

Remove this Banner Ad

Back