Toast Welcome to St Kilda Jackson Macrae

Remove this Banner Ad

Same here. I went to primary school at St.Agnes in Highett. Lots of sainters, hardly any opposition. This was the early to mid 70s, when our club was still feared and a regular finalist.

I didn't stand a chance, did I? I remember after I'd finished crying when we lost in 1971, my neighbour, a fanatical saint, assured me we'd win another one soon. He said winning a flag was the greatest feeling in the world and I'd be sure to experience many more.

I'm still waiting, of course. I should sue the bastard for breach of promise.
At Hampton State/Primary it wasn’t St Kilda rich. I was also early to mid 70s and I seem to remember a lot of Richmond jumpers. North, South even. Fitzroy and Essendon. Sandy jumpers.

1974 was when we Grade fivers would be considered the ‘biggies’ .. But just as we felt big, St Kilda slid into terminal decline, finishing 10th in a 12 team comp not good! Lost six out of the last seven games! See, I got my St Kilda jumper in ‘74 and was so proud. Damn.

Massive improvement in ‘75 but missed the five.

1976 9th
1977 spoon
1978 bi-polar disorder season

……next is 1991

By then I am supporter with ‘character’. And a very dark sense of humour.

i came in about a decade later and still 6 years of misery
period there from 77 onwards that was terrible, a big span of bugger all games won in all
seasons with 3 6 4 5 9 wines from 22
No one, not even the purple knobhead, can accuse us of being fickle or disloyal as supporters. We've all won our shields the hard way.

What a celebration it will be when we finally break through! I just hope I'm still around to see it.

Just my luck it will be in more than ten years time when I'll be a resident of "The Twighlight Years" maximum security home for the aged. My celebration, if I'm still able, will probably involve watching the replay, in my wheelchair, a blanket over my knees, sucking a blend of two fruits and custard through a straw.

Hope to see you there, Saint Watto, Popped Corn and SG34. We've earned the right the hard way.

At Hampton State/Primary it wasn’t St Kilda rich. I was also early to mid 70s and I seem to remember a lot of Richmond jumpers. North, South even. Fitzroy and Essendon. Sandy jumpers.

1974 was when we Grade fivers would be considered the ‘biggies’ .. But just as we felt big, St Kilda slid into terminal decline, finishing 10th in a 12 team comp not good! Lost six out of the last seven games! See, I got my St Kilda jumper in ‘74 and was so proud. Damn.

Massive improvement in ‘75 but missed the five.

1976 9th
1977 spoon
1978 bi-polar disorder season

……next is 1991

By then I am supporter with ‘character’. And a very dark sense of humour.
I miss hearing people talk about making the five.

i came in about a decade later and still 6 years of misery
period there from 77 onwards that was terrible, a big span of bugger all games won in all
seasons with 3 6 4 5 9 wines from 22
I just had PTSD reading your post PC.

They were certainly baron years.....to put it mildly.

And in 1981.......we somehow won 2 games about midway thru the season and then had our 8 points stripped due to the Doug Cox incident.

Unbelievable.

Near seasons end,they were reinstated.

The footy gods still hate us tho !!!!!

No one, not even the purple knobhead, can accuse us of being fickle or disloyal as supporters. We've all won our shields the hard way.

What a celebration it will be when we finally break through! I just hope I'm still around to see it.

Just my luck it will be in more than ten years time when I'll be a resident of "The Twighlight Years" maximum security home for the aged. My celebration, if I'm still able, will probably involve watching the replay, in my wheelchair, a blanket over my knees, sucking a blend of two fruits and custard through a straw.

Hope to see you there, Saint Watto, Popped Corn and SG34. We've earned the right the hard way.
I hear you there MG.

"The clock is a ticking"

The 4 of us can just sit there....or be slumped there.....and talk about the good ol days.

Or should that be.....the never ending bad ol days....

Two fruits and custard.....now....there's a combo that I haven't heard for decades....lol.

Us kids used to get that combo served up for dessert every 3 or 4 nights.

I reckon the old man had shares in Ardmona.

;);)

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Welcome to St Kilda Jackson Macrae

Remove this Banner Ad

Back