Welcome to the new site layout.

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: I don't like it! Change it back!

Another blunder.

error1rw8.jpg

Those little thread indicators that says "New posts", "Thread is closed", "You have posted in this thread" aren't too good.

They're a little bit too small and a bit too hard to see if you've replied to that thread and yeah.

Just suggesting that maybe something else that is a tad bigger and more understandable can be used.
Yeah that is probably the stand-out niggle for me. Nothing dire, just not as user-friendly as it could be. I'll see what we can do about replacing that set of icons.

Most BFSC members prefer an ad-free site, yet the announcement of ad-free BFSC memberships has received a lot less responses than the new layout. People will speak up when they don't like something, but when they like it they are not so forthcoming. I'd say the majority of people are not fussed while there is a core of people who prefer the old theme enough to be vocal about it.

this may have been mentioned but just in case it hasn't..... i clicked on a thread in the melbourne board and it switched back to the old skin

Most BFSC members prefer an ad-free site, yet the announcement of ad-free BFSC memberships has received a lot less responses than the new layout. People will speak up when they don't like something, but when they like it they are not so forthcoming. I'd say the majority of people are not fussed while there is a core of people who prefer the old theme enough to be vocal about it.
Question: if the ads aren't there, you'll still have the sidebar and subsequent smaller, squashed post space, correct?

Visually, the ads aren't a problem. It's just the extra loading time that's the problem, but even that isn't overly excessive. If BFC members got rid of the sidebar as well, then that'd definitely be worth it. Just get rid of the ads though, and not much changes, unless the forum does open up.

By the way, I can't remember reading one positive comment about the sidebar. Like someone mentioned, generally you get to the bottom of the page by the time you want to go somewhere, and then you can just use the forum jump.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Question: if the ads aren't there, you'll still have the sidebar and subsequent smaller, squashed post space, correct?

Visually, the ads aren't a problem. It's just the extra loading time that's the problem, but even that isn't overly excessive. If BFC members got rid of the sidebar as well, then that'd definitely be worth it. Just get rid of the ads though, and not much changes, unless the forum does open up.
Read back through the thread again. An option for Platinum members to be able to collapse the side bar completely is on the request list.

By the way, I can't remember reading one positive comment about the sidebar.
Read back through the thread again.

We are working on a collapsible nav. The nav is hugely popular on Bigsoccer but that is also a common request. It is more tricky than we thought to implement is all.

Is it possible to get the colours for the links darkened up a bit? (Or Underlined like on the old skin) It seems to blend in with the site page a bit much without the underline.

For Example I went into that thread and you could barely tell where the link was before the OP edited in the full link as you can see.

underline added

We are working on a collapsible nav. The nav is hugely popular on Bigsoccer but that is also a common request. It is more tricky than we thought to implement is all.

The only issue I have with it is that it squashes the threads.. good to have page width view of posts so we dont have to scroll down as often.

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome to the new site layout.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back