Well, dammit, I am excited

Remove this Banner Ad

Comrades.

One swallow does not a summer make, but how often do we win in West Horsham, and over both of their representatives, no less? And as we know, our record in pre-season games is less than stellar . . . .

From what I gather, it was not champagne football, but that's the nature of pre-season football.

Like the exhibition match in China, every victory strengthens the culture.

Well done boys. Let's nail the next opponent.

PS, other than the one minute news-grab, is there any decent footage available please?

Comrades.

One swallow does not a summer make, but how often do we win in West Horsham, and over both of their representatives, no less? And as we know, our record in pre-season games is less than stellar . . . .

We need to put the win against Adealaide in context. They rested Scotty Thompson, Symes, Reilly, Doughty, Porplyzia, Stevens and Tippett. All of those players played in the last match against Port.

We need to put the win against Adealaide in context. They rested Scotty Thompson, Symes, Reilly, Doughty, Porplyzia, Stevens and Tippett. All of those players played in the last match against Port.

True.
But we were also missing Frawley, Morton, Scully and Pettard

I thought Van Berlo is Crows skipper.

Besides we didnt have newton and a few others of a slight better reputation.

We can only play against the team fielded. It's no cinderrela win but it was a good night out for us, and any win even a nab cup win at AAMI is great for
Giving us confidence. We are back their in round 24 against port. It may be the game we MUST WIN to make the 8. I feel better about it now that the boys know that they have now won their twice recently.

I thought Van Berlo is Crows skipper.

Besides we didnt have newton and a few others of a slight better reputation.

We can only play against the team fielded. It's no cinderrela win but it was a good night out for us, and any win even a nab cup win at AAMI is great for
Giving us confidence. We are back their in round 24 against port. It may be the game we MUST WIN to make the 8. I feel better about it now that the boys know that they have now won their twice recently.

V's confuse me.

Newton ? Notsureifserious

I'm not suggesting that it wasn't good to win, but I'd certainly put it in perspective and not take much from it.

One more thing; we have scored a huge psychological victory by taking the cake against both SA teams but the best thing about the win is we play a proper game in RD2 that's televised from jihad, opposed to playing someone @ Xmas island. A point so good I made two posts. :thumbsu:

V's confuse me.

Newton ? Notsureifserious

I'm not suggesting that it wasn't good to win, but I'd certainly put it in perspective and not take much from it.

Not having Newton may of been more of an advantage for the opposition if we analyze it. But we didn't have the above mentioned as well as Jones, warlock our backup backman, and a number of talented young draft picks as they were rested. Instead we played pretty much all of our rookies at once bar 1 or 2.

Ofcourse I see what your saying but as a MFC supporter this week. I'm desperate for some good news, even if it is only a rd 1 win in the circus cup.

One more thing; we have scored a huge psychological victory by taking the cake against both SA teams but the best thing about the win is we play a proper game in RD2 that's televised from jihad, opposed to playing someone @ Xmas island. A point so good I made two posts. :thumbsu:

Yes, the psychological aspect will be important. To break a 10 year hoodoo by winning not one, but twice in the same night will be very beneficial.

And playing a proper televised match at Etihad Stadium will give us a bit of an off-field boost too.

Comrades.

From what I gather, it was not champagne football, but that's the nature of pre-season football.

Like the exhibition match in China, every victory strengthens the culture.

Well done boys. Let's nail the next opponent.

PS, other than the one minute news-grab, is there any decent footage available please?

Biff,

you can watch the full games on afl website Melb vs Crows

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm excited as well. And not only for this year.

Bruce, 25 / 07 / 2010: "The Dees are going to be something - the Dees are going to be something!!!"

The way they approached the game was quite good. Whether our brand was good enough to beat full strength sides wasn't the point IMO. We proved that we can play positive and effective football at AAMI if we set our minds to it. Mindset is the significant factor here.

Regardless of the opposition or the standard of the game, it's always nice to start off with a win. The boys were typically and understandably rusty but there were some really nice coast-to-coast passages of play and we look potent around goal. Clearances are still a problem but there was a lot more to like than dislike.

Adelaide missing a lot of players is a fair point, though we were missing a lot of our important players too. Both teams at full strength and Adelaide are better than us so it was still a good win and plenty to get excited about. Jurrah, Watts, Garland and Grimes were the standouts for me.

Winner of Essendon, Brisbane and St. Kilda. Funny thing is you could back Essendon, they've won three in a row v the Saints! Wouldn't mind that, silence the Bummer fans early.

Thanks, and it would be good to meet the Don's but I think it might be the Aint Skilda.

Thanks, and it would be good to meet the Don's but I think it might be the Aint Skilda.

Think St Kilda will come out in their first round with something to prove, hard to see Essendon getting near them in reality.

Will be great to play them, presumably some of the walking wounded will be included this time round (Jones/McKenzie/Scully), and will be a better guage of how we're tracking.

Remove this Banner Ad

Well, dammit, I am excited

Remove this Banner Ad

Back