Well Done

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't get why people were saying it was a great game. In different periods there were some good skills but for a lot of it the skill level was poor. When we were on top Sydney were dreadful, continually turning the ball over and when they were on top we were giving away silly free kicks in the forward 50.

Thats what I thought. Closeness aside, the skills were that of Gold Coast.

I had doubts about the you guys, even after the Dogs game, but Sunday cemented the bombers as a genuine contender in my mind.

I reckon we'll be fighting it out together with Hawthorn, Adeliade and Carlton for those spots from 4-8

Thats what I thought. Closeness aside, the skills were that of Gold Coast.

Reminds me of two guys sitting behind me chanting, "We make the Gold Coast Suns look good!"

I'd put some of the skill errors down to pressure or at least perceived pressure. While I groaned at the Swans mishaps (and of course celebrated the Don's) I was impressed by how hard at it both sides were. No quarter given and none asked for. Both teams very fortunate there were no serious injuries.

Seriously the game could have gone either way and we were lucky enough to be ahead when the siren sounded. Essendon will benefit from the test, hardening their effort without denting their self-belief. The team has some stunning talent and seem to be very well coached. Their speed going forward was scary. My dear old Gran (RIP) would have been proud of her Dons.

Remove this Banner Ad

Well Done

Remove this Banner Ad

Back