Well played Hawkers

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 3, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
That was a cracking game, kudos to your side tonight, you took the match up to us after quarter time and looked like you might have taken it out from under us. Very happy this game gave everything it promised.

If (when) we meet again, I'm sure you will give us another run and challenge us all the way, and no way is the flag decided already. Believe me when I say this thread would have been made regardless of the result too.

That was a cracking game, kudos to your side tonight, you took the match up to us after quarter time and looked like you might have taken it out from under us. Very happy this game gave everything it promised.

If (when) we meet again, I'm sure you will give us another run and challenge us all the way, and no way is the flag decided already. Believe me when I say this thread would have been made regardless of the result too.

Good call LLD - it was a great match, and we sure had our chances! see you Sept 27 for the big one!

I thought it was a great match. I enjoyed it, even though we lost.

We need to work on our decision making, we made many silly errors wich could have cost us the game.

Im excited and looking forward to playing Collingwood next week and hopefully we can get the win. Should be another great match. :thumbsu:

Go Hawks.

Well played Hawks, you gave it a red hot shake tonight and really put our boys under the pump. Cracking game and your supporters at the match were a class act throughout, had a great night in standing room analysing the game with a couple of very well informed HFC supporters.

You'll push hard in September this year, well played.

Well played Hawks and great to see a pressured, quality, hard contest. Definitely had your chances tonight to get up and building a top side for years to come. Obviously l think we can play much better for possible inclusions this year, plenty of room for improvement from both sides. Hopefully see you on that last day in September. Would be a cracker :thumbsu:.

Without doubt the hardest game that the cats have had this year. That should dispell any doubts that the Hawks are not contenders. whilst anything can happen in the next 7 or so weeks I can't see any other 2 teams playing in the big one though.

P.S. watch out for the pies in the finals they are bloody hard to get over

Great game Hawks. Was really hoping you guys would win. Cant understand why most Cats supporters cant acknowledge a great effort by your side. You aren't far behind Geelong at all. Best of luck for the rest of the year guys.

Thanks cats fans.. Good to see that not all Cat supporters on Big Footy are trolls! Your team is great, I can't see you losing another game..until the grand final :p

Was a great game, see you all in Sept! I don't think I've ever actually smiled after a loss except for tonight!

thanks guys

really want to play you guys again with both sides at full strength to really see how we measure up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great game Hawks. Was really hoping you guys would win. Cant understand why most Cats supporters cant acknowledge a great effort by your side. You aren't far behind Geelong at all. Best of luck for the rest of the year guys.

Coming from a supporter of the team I consider to be second best at the moment - Huge compliment.

Cheers. :thumbsu:

For God's sake, read the damn thread before you click on reply!!!

Hawks are streaks ahead of the Dogs in their campaign to stop the Cats. This much has been shown in the terrific 4/4 display tonight.

The Hawks fans have been gracious in defeat and with any luck, the Cats fans will be just as gracious in victory.

Good luck to the Hawks in the remainder of the season and here's to inflames watching more football than reading posts on BF:D

I know you guys must be gutted with tonights result but it really was a fantastic effort in how the Hawks bounced back from last week in what was the best game so far of the year. You would have cleaned up every other team in the league on tonight's performance.

No doubt we will meet again deep into the finals.

Finally a thread with some gracious winners, thankyou guys. Good to see some of us who can just enjoy a great of footy.

I think I might just go to bed now, moving over to Bay 13 will just make my blood boil with frustration. And I don't think that's a good thing to sleep on.

Top game. I was pacing around in that last quarter with the radio blaring! Very tense and Hawthorn limited us beautifully. Needed to take your chances, too - and fix Buddy's kicking technique, it's going to be very costly some day soon.

Great contest though and I reckon we'll be seeing you in a GF.

Good game and extremely happy to get the W, even though in the whole overall view of things it's all a bit meaningless until the finals start. You've had the wood over us and if you'd beaten us tonight again then the massive doubts for Cat fans would bubble to the top again, so we're relieved to get it. Heck we couldn't have both title challengers holding an edge over us :eek:

youd think both sides could take positives out of tonight.

Geelongs composure got them over the line - a real finals game.

Although finals will be different again and youd think we;ll se the sides meet again

For God's sake, read the damn thread before you click on reply!!!

Hawks are streaks ahead of the Dogs in their campaign to stop the Cats. This much has been shown in the terrific 4/4 display tonight.

The Hawks fans have been gracious in defeat and with any luck, the Cats fans will be just as gracious in victory.

Good luck to the Hawks in the remainder of the season and here's to inflames watching more football than reading posts on BF:D

Uhhh, relax guys. Maybe you should read the thread. I said "most" cats supporters. That means excluding you guys that have been humble enough to come on here and congratulate them on a good game.

Congrats to Hawthorn for a fantastic game. The result was never going to be hugely important to either side, but it's a good chance to test each other out after not having met for a long time.

And congrats also to the vast majority of Hawks fans on BF after tonight's game - your conduct is a real credit to yourselves.

Remove this Banner Ad

Well played Hawkers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back