Well Taz is Gone What Do we look Like in 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

WhyWilliams

Debutant
Aug 18, 2005
Other Teams
Collingwood
In 2007 we need to find 4 players. In 2006 H Shaw and D Swan for me came from nowhere as I would have not had them on the list at the start of the year. But they were very very good add Thomas and Pendles and yes 4 players.

Whilst I am a big fan of Egan (still not 100% sure why but I am) I remain to be convinced that Russling is as good as he is being rated. But the club bit the bullet.

In a perfect world I think we will look like the following

Backs Maxwell, Presti, Clement
Half backs Swan Cloke H Shaw
Centres Thomas, Johnson Lonie
Half Forwards Didak (when Fit) Fraser Buckley
Forwards Davis Rocca Russling
Rucks Richards Pendles Holland

Int Burns, Licuria, Egan, Obree (but hopefully someone else probably Harry)

This suggests that Richards will never get hurt again and will not tap the ball like he did to Geelong in the VFA final. This allows Josh to play at CHF where he can play and present. T Cloke at CHB allows him to learn how AFL is played without getting beaten up by opposing ruckman and the like. He might end up being a CHF but let him play at least 50 games before we try and kill him every week.

Lonie must play on the wing or not at all. No point having him in the defensive goal square. He needs to be launching into attacking 50. Bucks, Burnsie and Licka cannot play in the guts. Burnsie might need to play off hjalf back and Licka as the small forward keeping the ball in. Also time for Johnson to play in the middle.

I am fan of Pendles as he can find it in traffic just needs to play a lot more. Lets hope Stanley Toovey Cox , Cook etc can be the 2007 version of H Shaw and D Swan.

However the team would look better with number 20 on a half forward flank!

PieLebo87 said:
FB- Maxwell, Presti, O'Brien
HB- Shaw, Clement, Shaw
C- Lonie, Johnson, Thomas
HF- Didak (Egan or Lockyer), Buckley, Cloke
FF- Rusling, Rocca, Medhurst

R- Fraser, Swan, Holland (Pendles)
BENCH- O'Bree, Licuria, Egan, Lockyer, Burns, Pendles.

Players in brackets are the placements of Holland and Dids ealier on. Hope to hear some debating of this team..
Thats my team to start 2007. Thoughts..?
(Forgot Davis & Richards)

Well it does depend on who get in national and PSD, but with actual list at the moment my team is:

B: O'Brien Presti Anthony
HB: Johnson Clement H.Shaw
C: R.Shaw Swan Lonie
HF: Thomas T.Cloke Medhurst
F: Buckley Rocca Rusling

R: Fraser Licuria O'Bree

Bench: Pendlebury, Egan, Davis, Richards

Players pushing: Maxwell, Burns, Wakelin, Cook, Stanley

Players to come back in: HOLLAND, DIDAK

But as i said there could a couple of guns that we get in the drafts so they to could come into the side.

BP - Clement, Presti, Pendles
HB - H.Shaw, Harry or Maxwell, B.Johnson

introduce Pendles into the team off a BP - HB just like we did with Heater this year. This allows Heater to push further up the ground and provide heaps of run with Johnno.

C - Lonie, O'Bree, Thomas

Lonie told to push forward and be attacking.

HF - L.Davis, T.Cloke, Buckley
FF - Egan, Rocca, Medhurst

If Rusling can show that he can do more then simply lead out of the square then he may force his way in.

Foll - Fraser, Swan, Licca

Int - Richards, Burns, R.Shaw, Lockyer

Didak, Holland both miss the start of the season

goalpie said:
What happens if Rocca gets injured.:confused: :eek: :( :thumbsdown:
Hardly notice the difference. Collingwood traded the wrong tall forward. Provocative opening aside, I reckon Tarrent offers more value that Rocca who plays a handful of good games a year, regretfully I'm usually there to see one of them.

WhyWilliams said:
In 2007 we need to find 4 players. In 2006 H Shaw and D Swan for me came from nowhere as I would have not had them on the list at the start of the year. But they were very very good add Thomas and Pendles and yes 4 players.

Whilst I am a big fan of Egan (still not 100% sure why but I am) I remain to be convinced that Russling is as good as he is being rated. But the club bit the bullet.

In a perfect world I think we will look like the following

Backs Maxwell, Presti, Clement
Half backs Swan Cloke H Shaw
Centres Thomas, Johnson Lonie
Half Forwards Didak (when Fit) Fraser Buckley
Forwards Davis Rocca Russling
Rucks Richards Pendles Holland

Int Burns, Licuria, Egan, Obree (but hopefully someone else probably Harry)

This suggests that Richards will never get hurt again and will not tap the ball like he did to Geelong in the VFA final. This allows Josh to play at CHF where he can play and present. T Cloke at CHB allows him to learn how AFL is played without getting beaten up by opposing ruckman and the like. He might end up being a CHF but let him play at least 50 games before we try and kill him every week.

Lonie must play on the wing or not at all. No point having him in the defensive goal square. He needs to be launching into attacking 50. Bucks, Burnsie and Licka cannot play in the guts. Burnsie might need to play off hjalf back and Licka as the small forward keeping the ball in. Also time for Johnson to play in the middle.

I am fan of Pendles as he can find it in traffic just needs to play a lot more. Lets hope Stanley Toovey Cox , Cook etc can be the 2007 version of H Shaw and D Swan.

However the team would look better with number 20 on a half forward flank!

Good job mate, but I disagree with where you've put Trav Cloke. He is a forward, and probably a future CHF. Perhaps name Clement or Presti at CHB and put Josh on the Half Forward line. Good job though. :thumbsu:

I know the teams have been selected as they are but pick 8 (I'm thinking either Albert Proud or Joel Selwood will start)

Also, Ryhce Shaw will be hot to go now he's fully recovere from his reco. It does normally take most guys an extra year to be at his best.

So, don't expect to much of Dids when he returns next year.

B: N Maxwell, S Prestigiacomo, R Lonie
HB: H Shaw, J Clement, B Johnson
C: D Thomas, D Swan, R Shaw
HF: C Egan, T Cloke, N Buckley
F: L Davis, A Rocca, S Rusling
Foll: J Fraser, S O'Bree, P Licuria
I/C: S Pendlebury, G Richards, S Burns, H O'Brien

EM: S Wakelin, P Medhurst, T Lockyer
N/A: A Didak (12 weeks), B Holland (6 weeks)

Backline is solid with the key post, Prestigiacomo, while Clement to play at centre-half back, allowing him to go with his man all over the ground. Lonie adds a defensive option on paper and a rotation up the field. Maxwell adds plenty of intimidation along with height, strength and experience. O'Brien off the bench fits in our 22.

Heath Shaw and Johnson will allow the dash up the ground and ability to rebound, and both will rotate on the ball on occassions.

Thomas and Shaw on each wing. Both have enthusiasm to run the lines and can be opposite as Shaw can run back and Thomas run forward.

Dane Swan, Paul Licuria and Shane O'Bree on the ball with Fraser in the ruck. Each might not have fans in that position, but the key word rotation worked wonders. They will each be moved on and off the bench, with each being our prime ball winners in the centre bounce. Licuria could also be used as a defensive midfielder with Holland out. Richards to supply as a back-up ruckman while Pendlebury and Burns can work through the midfield off the bench as impact players.

Egan and Buckley to control as flankers coming off the square. Both find space from the flank and have the ability to be goalkickers. Davis adds the spark from the pocket. Rusling and Rocca to control the goalsquare. Rusling will be an inside 50 player on the lead while Rocca can work up the field if needed but has proven he is a key focul point one on one. Travis Cloke to work as our centre-half forward, as he has the ability to put the ball inside 50 and use his main asset, his hands.

Tarkyn Lockyer had a great season, but the aging Tarks' role will be supplied by a Heath Shaw and Ryan Lonie. Was exposed in the second half of the year and may slip outside our best 22. Wakelin is a key man depending on his body. Expected to play on after no news in the last month. Paul Medhurst sits just outside our best 22 with a fit Davis and improving Egan in the side. Will slip in depending on form.

Remove this Banner Ad

Well Taz is Gone What Do we look Like in 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Back