Well, well, well...lookie here!

Remove this Banner Ad

For Fev????

Obviously not.

oh really, your basing this purely off of last year? in 2010 he was the best CHF in the game IMO. had he been played at CHF in 2011 he would have still been the best... you simply are not better off trading those sorts of players

Nah. He is severely over rated and is without doubt a fading star.

We haven't faced up to this yet, but the signs were there a number of years ago.

Whoa!! lets not say things now that we can't take back

On recent form this is the case.

I don't think he will ever have a 2006 again, and he will need to do something special to get close. Not saying it can't happen, but we haven't seen signs of a dominating Pav for quite a while.

Obviously not.

We haven't faced up to this yet, but the signs were there a number of years ago.

For real? halfway last season he was on his way to AA captain and leading the coleman before he injured his ankle (i think it was, stand to be corrected) and his form slipped off. If he is a fading star he must have been more of a monster in his prime than i thought :eek:

For real? halfway last season he was on his way to AA captain and leading the coleman before he injured his ankle (i think it was, stand to be corrected) and his form slipped off. If he is a fading star he must have been more of a monster in his prime than i thought :eek:

AA Captain?

Funny stuff.

Obviously not.

2010 was only a year ago, and he was enormous in that year..... id be more than happy with that. of the CHF's playing the game now i would rate him ahead of all but jonathon brown

2010 was only a year ago, and he was enormous in that year..... id be more than happy with that. of the CHF's playing the game now i would rate him ahead of all but jonathon brown

That is just pure crap and you know it.

Thoughts like this without a hint of objectivity is why people like myself believe he is over rated at the moment by supporters, and probably those at the club.

On recent form this is the case.

I don't think he will ever have a 2006 again, and he will need to do something special to get close. Not saying it can't happen, but we haven't seen signs of a dominating Pav for quite a while.

Bit harsh, his 2010 season was very good and even still he was rotating through the midfield. I hate seeing Pav in the midfield but is admirable that a bloke who is 6 foot/3 and 100Kg's can run through the midfield and make an impact. Stick him at FF for a full season and watch him kick stacks of goals and you will see our other forwards kick benefit because of it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's 30, you're not exactly putting it all on the line here. ;)

It is when 95% of the people who post on these boards would start foaming at the mouth for saying it.

There's always a bit of a lag before the masses realise that a once good/excellent player is a fair way past his best.

AA Captain?

Funny stuff.

What's funny about it? Before the second half of the season when he was carrying an injury, by round 11 he kicked 39 goals, similar output to Reiwoldts 2009 season, regarded as his best.

I'm yet to see any evidence that Pav's lost his touch, especially when i'm supposed to be the one not being objective :rolleyes:

That is just pure crap and you know it.

Thoughts like this without a hint of objectivity is why people like myself believe he is over rated at the moment by supporters, and probably those at the club.

i think your the one spreading the manure here. 39 goals in the first half of the season, 65 i think it was by the end of the year at CHF with the ability to get more of the ball than any of the other CHF's.... that output would be perfect for our needs. thats the facts.... i will give you this though... id rate buddy ahead of pav as well at CHF

What's funny about it? Before the second half of the season when he was carrying an injury, by round 11 he kicked 39 goals, similar output to Reiwoldts 2009 season, regarded as his best.

I'm yet to see any evidence that Pav's lost his touch, especially when i'm supposed to be the one not being objective :rolleyes:

Oh come on tacopavlich. Clearly if Pav is a junk midfielder he must also be a useless forward.

Oh come on tacopavlich. Clearly if Pav is a junk midfielder he must also be a useless forward.

Huh? What would one have to do with the other? You don't believe that he is playing too much midfield because that is one of weakest areas? Not many if any players have the ability to play both positions well. He was meant to play more forward in 2011 but injuries killed us and although I hate seeing him play midfield I didn agree that it was needed. It was no coincidence that in the three of games where he did play more forward ie Suns, Brisbane and Essendon he kicked 11 out of his 21 season goals. Not a bad return if you ask me.

Huh? What would one have to do with the other? You don't believe that he is playing too much midfield because that is one of weakest areas? Not many if any players have the ability to play both positions well. He was meant to play more forward in 2011 but injuries killed us and although I hate seeing him play midfield I didn agree that it was needed. It was no coincidence that in the three of games where he did play more forward ie Suns, Brisbane and Essendon he kicked 11 out of his 21 season goals. Not a bad return if you ask me.

The very first bounce of the season, he was in the middle.

Obviously he and the coaching staff believed he was better in the midfield than in the forward line.

Well, this year's definitely was. More of a default victory.

But his AA record proves my point entirely and absolutely.

When was he last selected and when has he been the best in his position?

There's more competition in the midfield for the AA, though, where Pav has been playing the last season and a half. He was in brownlow contention the first half of last year when he was CHF.

He is getting on, and I think slimming down this preseason is to help recapture his pace and agility, but how he plays in 2012 will be the true barometer of where he is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Well, well, well...lookie here!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back