Media Were the Old Boys a Mistake?

Were the Old Boys a Mistake?

• Yes

• No

• I wish I could care less

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

WtOBaM.png
The Ophidian Old Boys were seen as a new expansion team set to bring back the glory days of Sweet and help create exciting opportunities for the SFA to grow. But it looks like the Old Boys have gone missing. Are we surprised?

Let's take a look at the team shall we:
Tigerturbulance is going to be dealing with relationship issues all season long thanks to Mrs Turbo
Mobbs is back to building houses in minecraft
Callums_Guns is more interested in tipping than qooty
Elton Johns Wig is now the new leader of a revolution (I don't blame him for this. It is a brilliant position) #TheRevolution
The Jesus is too lazy to put up 6 match threads on time. I mean come on, the OP's were barely mediocre
haydo has not been seen since last Tuesday
Ned_Flanders is now a washed up Gumby

Bonz ... well... ok Bonz is awesome and should get everything in the world, but that is one positive in a sea of negatives

And that is just the LG...

Team10.jpeg
They thought they had us all fooled with their cute outfits and funny name, but we look through these dark cracks and see the sinister individuals that lie underneath. Their lies will no longer go unnoticed by us, the citizens of Sweet, as these Ophidian creatures will finally be revealed for what they really are. Phoneys!

They even have a rookie that hasn't posted on the SFA board at all, making them illegible to be on the team list.

Just an overall disaster of unnatural proportions

Posting Stats after 1 Day
BlankGraph.gif

You see this graph? nods You see that it is empty? nods That's because the Old Boys didn't post anything!

ZERO! I mean ZERO posts have been posted by the Old Boys on the first day of the season in their match thread. This is outrageous from a brand new team just joining the league. You can't even make up excuses like 'oh the match thread wasn't up so they couldn't post anything', because one of their Leadership Group members was literally supposed to post it and didn't (looking at you The Jesus ).

The only one that has actually pulled his finger out and bothered to make a thread this season is Callums_Guns with his Knockout Tipping. Even their official team thread was made back in December of last year :skull:

I honestly see no other way to spin this. The Old Boys were a huge mistake and we should get rid of them.

Completely agree with you, DenieD - a fine start to Season 34 media. You have summed up the situation just perfectly, in my opinion.

A sad state of affairs, really. Very hard to see and frankly, it hurts the soul a bit. It was clear it would be a dead-in-the-water failed experiment before it started and you have just proven the case to the point no one can refute the sheer volume of evidence.

Now the league will have to deal with a ruined fixture, a 12th basketcase club, a lack of enthusiasm from others, plummeting costs and much more. At this point, I am not sure the league will be able to survive this.

I believe it's called 'speed'
giphy.gif

View attachment 1463441
The Ophidian Old Boys were seen as a new expansion team set to bring back the glory days of Sweet and help create exciting opportunities for the SFA to grow. But it looks like the Old Boys have gone missing. Are we surprised?

Tigerturbulance is going to be dealing with relationship issues all season long thanks to Mrs Turbo
Elton Johns Wig is now the new leader of a revolution (I don't blame him for this. It is a brilliant position) #TheRevolution
The Jesus is too lazy to put up 6 match threads on time. I mean come on, the OP's were barely mediocre

Bonz ... well... ok Bonz is awesome and should get everything in the world, but that is one positive in a sea of negatives

View attachment 1463442
They thought they had us all fooled with their cute outfits and funny name, but we look through these dark cracks and see the sinister individuals that lie underneath. Their lies will no longer go unnoticed by us, the citizens of Sweet, as these Ophidian creatures will finally be revealed for what they really are. Phoneys!

They even have a rookie that hasn't posted on the SFA board at all, making them illegible to be on the team list.

View attachment 1463436

You see this graph? nods You see that it is empty? nods That's because the Old Boys didn't post anything!

ZERO! I mean ZERO posts have been posted by the Old Boys on the first day of the season in their match thread. This is outrageous from a brand new team just joining the league. You can't even make up excuses like 'oh the match thread wasn't up so they couldn't post anything', because one of their Leadership Group members was literally supposed to post it and didn't (looking at you The Jesus ).

The only one that has actually pulled his finger out and bothered to make a thread this season is Callums_Guns with his Knockout Tipping. Even their official team thread was made back in December of last year :skull:

I honestly see no other way to spin this. The Old Boys were a huge mistake and we should get rid of them.

What is it with sad WA flogs posting at 2am???

Reason none of us posted yet is:

1) we have lives

2) we actually have partners that are not inflatable or Japanese waifu pillows

And a piece of advice. When you are a sad crippled useless crust of a man, don't aspire to conquer the greatness of something like the Ophidian Old Boys. Know your lane, your level, and your limits. Stick to bagging the burning budgies or the royals. They are more your speed.

1) we have lives

And a piece of advice. When you are a sad crippled useless crust of a man, don't aspire to conquer the greatness of something like the Ophidian Old Boys. Know your lane, your level, and your limits. Stick to bagging the burning budgies or the royals. They are more your speed.
Wow - this is a tough look for the Old Boys.

Sounds like DenieD might be onto something.

Look out now!

38rF4bg.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The league's never been in better shape. Have you ever seen so much promotion for a jumper presentation? The hype is real. :cool:
My Buller don’t do that stuff.

Reason we don’t is:

1) we have lives

Wow, I never thought I'd see the "we don't post because we have real lives" card pulled out this quickly. I was thinking at least round 8 when finals was out of the question.

View attachment 1463441

View attachment 1463442

View attachment 1463436

No.

1) we have lives

Excuses already?

Ffs you’re the new guys in town, you’re supposed to be marking your territory, not making excuses.

1) we have lives
Better fold the club then. Nobody with a life has ever had a successful Sweet FA career.

Back