Were the Old Boys a Mistake?

• Yes

• No

• I wish I could care less

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

You'd know.

Prince Reaction GIF

probably third best after baghdad and bullsharks but the whole nerdy campus schtick is very whack
Nothing more bitter than a jilted former lover! :kissingcat:

They thought they had us all fooled with their cute outfits and funny name, but we look through these dark cracks and see the sinister individuals that lie underneath. Their lies will no longer go unnoticed by us, the citizens of Sweet, as these Ophidian creatures will finally be revealed for what they really are. Phoneys!

Just an overall disaster of unnatural proportions

I honestly see no other way to spin this. The Old Boys were a huge mistake and we should get rid of them.

Completely agree with you, DenieD - a fine start to Season 34 media. You have summed up the situation just perfectly, in my opinion.

A sad state of affairs, really. Very hard to see and frankly, it hurts the soul a bit. It was clear it would be a dead-in-the-water failed experiment before it started and you have just proven the case to the point no one can refute the sheer volume of evidence.

Now the league will have to deal with a ruined fixture, a 12th basketcase club, a lack of enthusiasm from others, plummeting costs and much more. At this point, I am not sure the league will be able to survive this.

Now in retrospect we can see how right you 2 were about the Ophidian Old Boys, a basket case of a team.
In our first season all we managed to do was:
  • make the finals and win our first one
  • best rookie of the season winning the EKA
  • best and fairest player of the season winning the Mobbenfuhrer Medal
  • 2 players make All-SFA including Vice Captain
  • averaged over the whole season 51% of match thread posts
  • Of 7 rookies recruited S34, 5 are remaining S35
  • OOB received 3304 beez votes -the most of all the clubs which included 5 players in the top 25

Its obvious as Chancellor of Spotswood Campus I have my work cut out Season 35 if I am going to get this team into shape

e7dcbef384c3bf5f6c5f60f0856721fb.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now in retrospect we can see how right you 2 were about the Ophidian Old Boys, a basket case of a team.
In our first season all we managed to do was:
  • make the finals and win our first one
  • best rookie of the season winning the EKA
  • best and fairest player of the season winning the Mobbenfuhrer Medal
  • 2 players make All-SFA including Vice Captain
  • averaged over the whole season 51% of match thread posts
  • Of 7 rookies recruited S34, 5 are remaining S35
  • OOB received 3304 beez votes -the most of all the clubs which included 5 players in the top 25

Its obvious as Chancellor of Spotswood Campus I have my work cut out Season 35 if I am going to get this team into shape

e7dcbef384c3bf5f6c5f60f0856721fb.gif
Didn't your most fierce advocate abandon the club after one round?

Had anyone else created this thread, I'd rate it highly. The fact that DenieD carried on in the OOB awards night and had to be physically removed just screams as vindictive. Once a sook always a sook.
Quoted for awesomeness. Fantastic summary of the facts. 10/10 would read again.

Had anyone else created this thread, I'd rate it highly. The fact that DenieD carried on in the OOB awards night and had to be physically removed just screams as vindictive. Once a sook always a sook.
was the most ugly thing to occur S34 and one I look foreword to putting behind us once DenieD has made his overdue public apology

id be upset if i were the rest of the competition if i couldnt have Mobbs on my team either..
Who? This is no joke either. I feel some posters live off their reps from the early years. Now grandpa has to wake up and realise you can’t cut cheese with a spoon or drink soup with a fork . The fact this makes no sense is not my problem

I don't know whether the creation of the OObs was a mistake, as a rookie I have not known the SFA without them. What I can say though is that to me the OOBs are to the SFA what GWS is to the AFL. Up to people to decide whether that's good or bad, relevant or irrelevant. Building a club is about more than just assembling talent.

so if the oobs are taking away irrelevant posters. then whats the issue? who did they poach which is causing such a fuss?
No one! It’s my self appointed role in SFA to swing my axe at anyone and everyone! It’s people like me that keep threads like this engaging! You still pay 3% commission, yeah?

Remove this Banner Ad

Media Were the Old Boys a Mistake?

Back