2nds Werribee 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

But will hinder someone younger getting valuable development time at that level

I look at it the other way.
It will help the development of players by having a senior experienced player around them and chances are if you're playing twos at Werribee Farren Ray isn't the problem..

Pumped up to see all our guys in the one team. This will be a huge change up for our club (NMFC) as well as Werribee.

Anyone had any inside info on how its all going to work?? Are the younger boys going do some training with the bees or do something collaborative soon.??

Would like to see North supporters getting behind the tiges given what they have given up to allow our boys to play together.

EDIT: An idea might be if anyone knows one of the keen Hawthorn/Box Hill posters they might summarise the limitations/restrictions Box Hill has on it for home and away matches (ie how many AFL listed players can be on the one team at one time). Beuller??

Last edited:
Doing a bit of research.

..From the WFC website...(this may be old news to but it's not in this thread...)

"As part of the Andrews Labor Government’s Interface Growth Fund it announced today that it would contribute $1.5 million towards the redevelopment of the Werribee Football Club’s home- Avalon Airport Oval @ Chirnside Park.

The announcement came as part of $4.5 million dollars of funding received by Wyndham City Council.

The redevelopment of the Werribee Football Club will bring together facilities that will further enhance the work being done by the club, as well as AFL affiliate North Melbourne, in the community.

North Melbourne Football Club will extend the work of its award winning, not for profit partner, The Huddle, as part of the new space. The Huddle will have a particular focus on working with the multicultural and indigenous communities in the City of Wyndham, as well as working with Werribee Football Club to develop a women’s team for the area."

Good new for the Huddle, Werribee and for our boys playing down there in the future.

Im just excited our players will be likely getting more game time together rather than splitting them between 2 alliances.

Can only be positive.

Im just excited our players will be likely getting more game time together rather than splitting them between 2 alliances.

Can only be positive.

What I'd give for a standalone team.

Surely someone must know the answer to ^^ as to how the partnership/alliance is going to work. Surely we tell them what to do, not the other way around regarding numbers?

Hopefully answered in time.

It's better to have one team sure on the surface, but no so much if we can't play the players where we want, and how we want.

To be honest i'd much rather we just have a VFL like other clubs do even if it costs. We waste money on Utah (IMO) and others I suspect, maybe we could reallocate the funds.

Last edited:
Hopefully answered in time.

It's better to have one team sure on the surface, but no so much if we can't play the players where we want, and how we want.

To be honest i'd much rather we just have a VFL like other clubs do even if it costs. We waste money on Utah (IMO) and others I suspect, maybe we could reallocate the funds.

Since Brad Scott arrived, NMFC has loaded up on Steve Saunders' program, which includes Utah. The board and executive made that choice - to allocate maximum funds to fitness and conditioning rather than a VFL side. If you think the decision was wrong, maybe you don't enjoy watching Ben Cunnington play more than 50% game time.

Since Brad Scott arrived, NMFC has loaded up on Steve Saunders' program, which includes Utah. The board and executive made that choice - to allocate maximum funds to fitness and conditioning rather than a VFL side. If you think the decision was wrong, maybe you don't enjoy watching Ben Cunnington play more than 50% game time.

Well that maybe the case, doesn't necessarily mean its correct though. The benefits of slightly (if any) extra fitness might be outweighed but the development of players being stunted due to partnerships with VFL clubs. This will likely change with one alignment rather than two, but no, I am not sold on Utah being much more than a bonding trip and has questionable fitness advantages.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So how does this arrangement work re: player wise? Do Sherlock, Speight, Conway and Werribee's regulars get pushed out? Or do some of our guys have to play in the development league and push for VFL seniors and then AFL seniors?

So how does this arrangement work re: player wise? Do Sherlock, Speight, Conway and Werribee's regulars get pushed out? Or do some of our guys have to play in the development league and push for VFL seniors and then AFL seniors?
Thinking this.

Werribee have cut their list by a fair bit.

There will be an agreement that there will be a minimum of Werribee listed players every week! I'm tipping at least 6-8 Werribee listed players will get a gig this week

Not according to source at club. No max or min apparently

I find that surprising myself. But I was just going purely on opinion.

I wouldn't have thought solid VFL players like Sodomaco, Sherlock, Laracy and Wilson to name a few wouldn't have signed up if they weren't guaranteed some sort of game time.

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds Werribee 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Back