2nds Werribee 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

http://www.nmfc.com.au/news/2016-06-12/werribee-report-card-round-10

Best of the AFL
Lachlan Hansen
Hansen turned back the clock in the final quarter, showing he hadn’t forgotten how to be a key-forward. Lamont rolled the dice and moved the 27-year-old forward and he was everywhere.

Three goals in the final term almost gave Werribee a sniff at victory, but ultimately Hansen’s heroics were not enough.

Before he made the move forward, Hansen stood tall in defence. He took plenty of intercept marks and is no doubt putting his hand up for a recall to the senior side.

“Something had to happen up front (at three-quarter-time),” North Development Manager Ben Dyer said.

“’Maj’ (Majak Daw) was only playing a half, so him (Hansen) being able to go forward just made (Richmond’s Troy) Chaplin a little bit more accountable.

“That was a bit of a swing for us and that’s when we did look like getting back into it.”

Ryan Clarke
Clarke continues to impress at VFL level. He had the ball on a string at Punt Rd and went in hard at the contest.

“He just kept running all day,” Dyer said.

“His ability to double-up possessions and even on a third time he can still find space.

“He still needs to do a bit of work on his finishing and his polish, but you can’t question his effort across four quarters, I thought it was fantastic.”

Couple of questions if I may:

- EVW, what is his pace like? I know he was known for good rebound run as well as intercept marking and has height, think pace is last piece
- Montford any chance for a senior spot?
- Did Maj play mainly forward or did he go in the centre square as a mid or ruck?
EVW, didn't come a cross as lightning fast, but, like a JMac he looks to know where to run, and where to time his runs. His overhead stuff was top drawer! Again the decision making of knowing when to spoil, when to go for the mark (which was often while I was there) and even when to create opportunities for teammates by creating space in the marking contest. I was really impressed.
Mountford won't play ones this year I wouldn't have thought, his pace is really exciting, but seems to run so fast he doesn't think through what he is going to do when he has to dispose of it.
Didn't see maj out there, I had to wait for the baby to wake up before I could leave home... Something about never wake a sleeping baby....

Not that I doubt PR, but what are we basing the EVW-will-make-it-100% comments on? Defensive side, attacking rebound, marking above his head, leadership qualities...?
Pretty much all of the above... Had that composed look about him, is bigger than I remembered, moves well and goes hard at the contest! Took a cracking mark right in front of us, that would have got a more pro north crowd really up and about. He seems like a bigger version of Jmac tbh.

Last edited:
Yep, they played yesterday.
Bit of a concern that both our number one picks from the last two years are playing in the DL, especially Durdin (not sure he's a ruck, not sure he's a forward). Neither seemed to set the world on fire either, kicking one goal between them. I know talls are late developers but you'd still expect a little bit more.

did Black do anything today?

Hansen playing a quarter as a forward and booting 3 goals really puts into perspective other players underachieving.

Underachieving? Second in the VFL goal kicking is underachieving? Played 1 less game than the leaders. Sure he was inaccurate yesterday kicking 1.5 but F*** me, what's a pass mark if that ain't

Last edited:
Hi guys, sorry to intrude, but I've been wondering what your thoughts on Ben McKay are so far (given we supposedly selected the 'better' twin)?

Hi guys, sorry to intrude, but I've been wondering what your thoughts on Ben McKay are so far (given we supposedly selected the 'better' twin)?
Playing Dev league in the VFL and not getting much of it.

Looked really decent in training over summer but given he was never really committed to TAC footy until later in the year he is coming from a looooooooong way back.

Big lad, moves well, strong grab, nice kick. Juat needs the work.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

fz9NZaQ.png

JvlKErq.png

Sure he was inaccurate yesterday kicking 1.5 but F*** me, what's a pass mark if that ain't

I dunno Maj was smashing the door down last year and Wood lead the goal kicking.

1.5 is worrying because he's pretty consistent in his inaccuracies.

Playing Dev league in the VFL and not getting much of it.

Looked really decent in training over summer but given he was never really committed to TAC footy until later in the year he is coming from a looooooooong way back.

Big lad, moves well, strong grab, nice kick. Juat needs the work.
Yeah it seems the boys aren't afraid to impact the contest and inflict some pain on the opposition.

Haha Preuss' disposal tally is significantly less than what was initially reported.

Impressive numbers from Hibberd.
24 touches, 7 tackles, 7 Rebound 50's and 4 Inside 50's. Has made a solid return after his injury scare.

Looks like EVW is slotting in beautifully, Mountford solid again.

Great to see Lachie playing good footy, really want to see him push for the seniors.

Clarke has been fantastic all year, espcially the last month.Ball magnet, works bloody hard and always has strong tackle numbers.

Overall, good signs and with our depth being tested, could be opportunity for a few boys in the ones sooner rather than later.

With atley possibly being out might open the door for evw or Hibberd to come on maybe seeing as they're isn't much hbf depth atm
I would have thought Lachie Hansen is more likely to come in with Thompson playing on a small.

Underachieving? Second in the VFL goal kicking is underachieving? Played 1 less game than the leaders. Sure he was inaccurate yesterday kicking 1.5 but F*** me, what's a pass mark if that ain't

For a player with his talent it is underachieving.

Just pointing that out because we're constantly calling for changes due to mediocre form. If Waite, Brown or Petrie played in the VFL how'd you think they'd go?

I guess I'm just frustrated with Black because I expected more from him by now. If he wants a future in the AFL he needs to be doing more.

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds Werribee 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Back