Werribee v Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

2008 VFL Reserves
Northern Bullants 8.6 13.8 16.13 22.15 (147)
Werribee Tigers 2.1 4.4 7.7 7.12 (54)

GOALS:
Northern Bullants: Meese 5 Mercuri 4 Robertson 2 Connelly 2 Jacobs 2 Gannon Hill Bransgrove Gianfagna Williams Taylor McMahon
Werribee Tigers: Kenelley 2 Fletcher Bloomfield Kennedy-Hunt Butty Barrett

BEST:
Northern Bullants: Williams Vansittart Gannon Meese Hill Jacobs
Werribee Tigers: Fletcher Prismall Wilsen Mahoney Sharp Magnabosco

REPORTED PLAYERS:
Northern Bullants: A. O`Hailpin for striking J. Kennedy-Hunt in 3rd quarter
Werribee Tigers: Nil

2008 VFL Seniors
Werribee Tigers 4.5 8.8 11.12 16.18 (114)
Geelong 4.6 7.8 9.13 13.15 (93)

GOALS:
Werribee Tigers: Podsiadly 4 Sinclair 3 Brown 3 McMahon 2 Gleeson Castello Barlow Sheringham
Geelong: Davenport 5 Djerrkura 3 Simpson West Hawkins Tenace Prismall

BEST:
Werribee Tigers: McMahon Thompson Gleeson Ross Sinclair Sheringham
Geelong: Davenport Firman Johnson Tenace Djerrkura Prismall

REPORTED PLAYERS:
Werribee Tigers: Nil
Geelong: Nil

Good to meet you today Shine. :thumbsu:

Yep, I've always thought that shinte's a dead ringer for Geoffrey Rush too Ben :thumbsu:

geoffreyrush_narrowweb__300x349,0.jpg

Kangaroos listed players for Werribee
Seniors

29.Goldstein- had 21 hit outs rotating in the ruck with Banjanin in a serviceable performance, but ground skills at times were down compared to recent weeks.

30.Greenwood- after last week's great performance his pressure and regular attack on the ball were a bit quiet. Still ran all day and position himself well during the game.

32.Ross- 30 disposals and 2 tackles in another good game for him in the midfield.

33.Brown- played a number of roles, including in the ruck at stoppages around ground and up forward, where he booted three goals. Has been consistent in recent weeks and I think his form has been good enough to possible earn an AFL recall.

34.Davies- again got plenty of the ball as he amassed 29 disposals and helped to step up a number of goals. Unfortunately sprayed the ball in front of goal as he kicked three behinds.

36.Scott Thompson- better performance in defence with 1 tackle, 2 blocks and 4 spoils. General pressure was good.

40.Obst- 22 disposals in a good game for him in defence and general work along with defensive pressure was really good I thought.

42.McMahon 21 disposals and two goals in what was again an improvement work rate etc wise. Had 3 tackles, 2 blocks and 3 spoils. Was awarded the Andrew Bews medal for his best on ground performance against Geelong.

45.Warren- marking improved today as he took 6 marks and led well inside/outside forward 50. Unlucky in front of goals as he kicked three behinds.

72.Sinclair- first game back from injury and was superb with 31 disposals, 8 clearances, 5 tackles along with three very handy goals. Expect to see him back in the AFL side within the next week or so.

Reserves
v Northern Bullants yesterday

47.Wilsen- had spells up forward and down back, was impressive in patches but struggled to effective consistently across the four quarters in a very disappointing team performance.

33.Brown- played a number of roles, including in the ruck at stoppages around ground and up forward, where he booted three goals. Has been consistent in recent weeks and I think his form has been good enough to possible earn an AFL recall.

Ben, I'd refrain from making such statements on here mate. It could cause a meltdown in bandwidth.;)

He'd have to shove Hansen out of the team to get himself a position... hope it doesn't happen

Reckon we'll be seeing Ross in the team?

I reckon he deserves a go and another one I reckon who Laidley should give a go soon is Greenwood.

Levi's games in the last few weeks have been impressed and he has done nothing but continue to improved every week so far this season.

Amazing work rate, plenty of pace, good build ready for senior football and never shirks away from a contest which many of you know I think is important after reading my comments about Hansen earlier this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ben, I'd refrain from making such statements on here mate. It could cause a meltdown in bandwidth.;)

Hate to melt down the board, but Ben is right, the Boggler monstered the Geelong defence today. I don't know if that will earn him a recall, probably not if Dean is true to his word with the youth policy.

He did it with my support too.

Pharro, did you like my loud "Go The Boggler!!!" ?

Yeah I reckon that was the extra bit of motivation Browny needed. At least twice today he took strong marks on the lead and then smashed defenders in his follow through, knocking them to the ground. Just about the only time left in football that you can shirtfront someone - when you've just taken the mark on a lead and some fool gets in your path.

I am genuine with my player reports though mate and I reckon his form has been good enough to warrant an AFL recall.

Never said you weren't genuine in your opinion mate, just that not many would want him to be given a game again.

BTW, i'm fine either way, so long its not for a Hansen, etc.

Hate to melt down the board, but Ben is right, the Boggler monstered the Geelong defence today. I don't know if that will earn him a recall, probably not if Dean is true to his word with the youth policy.

I'm glad for him, but not sure he deserves a spot in the seniors just after one good game through. If he were to play 3 or 4 very good games in a row, well then who knows.

Agree particularly with your second point Nick. :thumbsu:

Browny needs to play more than one good game to force his way back in the Kangaroos line-up, I will though that he has been playing some good footy last two or three games.

He can do it in the 2's all he wants. He's proved that even after playing well there he doesn't do much in the 1st team; much rather Hansen.

It sounds like all our boys were pretty switched on this week. Let's hope it carries through to next week.

I agree with Pharro's comment on shirtfronts. Did you see Lockyer and Roberts-Thompson on Saturday night?

72.Sinclair- first game back from injury and was superb with 31 disposals, 8 clearances, 5 tackles along with three very handy goals. Expect to see him back in the AFL side within the next week or so.

They are some massively impressive stats.
Did he play pure midfield all day?

Welcome back Jess.

Sinclair pretty much played midfield all game and crept forward at the stoppages. His goals were from ball ups close to goal that he ran onto.
Read the play well when he was on the wing and ran all day. Even gave Big Hamish and Josh Gibson a wink and smile at the quarter time huddle.:rolleyes:

Sinclair pretty much played midfield all game and crept forward at the stoppages. His goals were from ball ups close to goal that he ran onto.
Read the play well when he was on the wing and ran all day. Even gave Big Hamish and Josh Gibson a wink and smile at the quarter time huddle.:rolleyes:

Like Jess, always had a lot of time for him in the team. To be honest, I can justify him as a depth player ahead of quite a few others.

hey ben, in the werribee magoos is the name fletcher from the bests named Ben Fletcher from Hoppers.

Going by form, ben ross would have to be very close to getting a game and all this thomas, campbell, ross cant play together stuff is rubbish. Have 1 of the 3 either on the bench or as part of the midfield rotation.

Remove this Banner Ad

Werribee v Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Back