West Coast Conspiracy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No! That would be a conspiracy.
A conspiracy of a conspiracy our web of evil deepens.
dr-evil.jpg

Shame you weren't so fast to register your disgust at another encouraging loss from your mob what's that 5 now out of the last 6. Just to save you guys some time for the next game I drew up some excuses:
1.The umpires robbed us.
2. We got injuries
That is all.
I blame myself for using too few smilies, thus enraging the easily-enraged and soon-to-be-carded.

WOW JUST WOW. So what your saying is anytime eagles win at home there is no other logical reason that they could have possibly won so must be because of umpires? How about we r just a good side and we win because we play good footy!! I mean is everyone that frikkin hateful that they will do anything to avoid giving credit where credit is due?
Adina , even when the eagles don't have a very good team , it's still hard as hell for victorian team's to win in Perth . Give me a break , it's not like you are the Geelong team of the last few season's .
The cat's never losing in Geelong is logical , the eagles is not and it's based on umpiring . It alway's has been and not only the eagles, shit remember some of those farcical State of Origin games in WA in the early to mid 80's !

It is an interesting problem and I am curious to see how the AFL will tackle it.

Like you, I myself have stopped watching all interstate Eagles games except for finals because with finals I can at least guarantee there will be a 65/35 percent split between the two opposing clubs' supporters. Regular season interstate games just cannot get anywhere near that kind of ratio - way too many home team supporters there to influence decisions against us. It's not fair, but it does go both ways. I really just hope that something is done soon so that I can finally tune into one of our interstate games again and see a fair contest.

Actually the research that came out earlier this year proves categorically that the Eagles have been by far the most favored away team by the umpires for the past decade . Never mind the hundred's of extra free kick's it has received at home .

Adina , even when the eagles don't have a very good team , it's still hard as hell for victorian team's to win in Perth . Give me a break , it's not like you are the Geelong team of the last few season's .
The cat's never losing in Geelong is logical , the eagles is not and it's based on umpiring . It alway's has been and not only the eagles, shit remember some of those farcical State of Origin games in WA in the early to mid 80's !

Yeah it was hard as hell for them to win in 2010, we only lost 10 of our 12 games at Subiaco...

Yeah it was hard as hell for them to win in 2010, we only lost 10 of our 12 games at Subiaco...

Probably shocking kicking at goal by your boy's and the game's were probably a lot closer than they should have been . If the Washington Generals had moved to Perth and hosted the Harlem Globetrotter's , the General's may have even notched an upset victory .

Probably shocking kicking at goal by your boy's and the game's were probably a lot closer than they should have been . If the Washington Generals had moved to Perth and hosted the Harlem Globetrotter's , the General's may have even notched an upset victory .

You had a lousy English teacher in school.

OMG qman, now you are going back to the 80's and saying those SOO games were farcial?
Seriously!!!
Listen I agree the Eagles are getting the rub of the green with the umps at Subi at the minute, the stats prove this and why this is only God knows, it is not like the Eagles are any favourite club of the AFL, in fact could not be more the opposite. They are a solid team at the minute but just two years ago we were ordinary and not sure what the ump stats said back then.
Is it possible for a team to be favoured in an elite comp by umpiring? I guess anything is possible and in particular this comp the AFL which is so poorly run it could happen I guess. But the Eagles????? Maybe the Bulldogs, or the Saints, or even North etc could get favoured but one thing that is certain the AFL Honcho's will do everything they can possibly do to stop the Eagles winning a flag, there is no chance they are going to help them or enhance their chances.

So it gets back to the original question of why the Eagles are getting the free kicks? Only the Umps can answer this I think.

Got any facts to back any of that up champ, or is it all "probably"?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not really Waters knocked your captain out last year that helped. :thumbsu:
Oh yeah and we lost 10 out of 12 in 2010 at Subi. Check out the internet bro stops people like yourself from embarrassing themselves with this thing called information.

Not really Waters knocked your captain out last year that helped. :thumbsu:
Oh yeah and we lost 10 out of 12 in 2010 at Subi. Check out the internet bro stops people like yourself from embarrassing themselves with this thing called information.

I noticed so far it's all eagles supporters bagging me . Look I know my quote's are going to receive a lot of backlash and that my quotes also sound very outlandish . However , I have said this for year's and not been backed up by many people but the funny thing was that when somebody finally did research on it , I was proven correct . More research should be done , in term's of umpiring from 1987 onward's in Perth matches .
You've had some great player's and some great team's but I alway's seen it how I've seen it . Sorry .

Actually the research that came out earlier this year proves categorically that the Eagles have been by far the most favored away team by the umpires for the past decade . Never mind the hundred's of extra free kick's it has received at home .

So now we are unfairly favored both home and away? Question to all of you....is there ever a time that we can win and it NOT be because of some hugely unfair advantage tantamount to cheating? Is it really that awful to consider that we are just a good side, whom regardless of umpiring can win anyway.

Got any facts to back any of that up champ, or is it all "probably"?

I do have better thing's to do , most of the time . No I don't the fact's ,if I'm wrong then I am wrong . So far the recent study back me up .

If you have the fact's , I'm happy to listen to it .

So now we are unfairly favored both home and away? Question to all of you....is there ever a time that we can win and it NOT be because of some hugely unfair advantage tantamount to cheating? Is it really that awful to consider that we are just a good side, whom regardless of umpiring can win anyway.

You are a good side and either the umpire's purposely help you or you have been extremely ****ing fortunate over the year's . I'm a sane person with a crazy notion , I know ....lol !
You've had some champion footballer's over the year's . I certainly won't argue that .

OMG qman, now you are going back to the 80's and saying those SOO games were farcial?
Seriously!!!
Listen I agree the Eagles are getting the rub of the green with the umps at Subi at the minute, the stats prove this and why this is only God knows, it is not like the Eagles are any favourite club of the AFL, in fact could not be more the opposite. They are a solid team at the minute but just two years ago we were ordinary and not sure what the ump stats said back then.
Is it possible for a team to be favoured in an elite comp by umpiring? I guess anything is possible and in particular this comp the AFL which is so poorly run it could happen I guess. But the Eagles????? Maybe the Bulldogs, or the Saints, or even North etc could get favoured but one thing that is certain the AFL Honcho's will do everything they can possibly do to stop the Eagles winning a flag, there is no chance they are going to help them or enhance their chances.

So it gets back to the original question of why the Eagles are getting the free kicks? Only the Umps can answer this I think.

I don't know why , but it's happening and has been happening for year's .

Someone should just make a new thread. The 'conspiracy' strawman is making it way to easy for the Eagles posters to deflect from the actual issue.

I'd like to apologise to Necromancer Beth, who I hastily labelled an unsavoury tag to earlier on.

I was hasty and I apologise, for qman, this is the worst post in BigFooty history.

How does this look for other "home town" situations?

The most likely theory is the crowd influence, especially when there's a huge roaring crowd noise. So you'd expect a bigger discrepancy for bigger crowd teams. This should be testable. eg:

The Crows should have more of a discrepancy than Port

Collingwood should get a bigger advantage in Melbourne vs interstate teams than North

Sydney should be less disadvantaged in Melb than less-supported interestate sides.

Normally I would agree with that summation completely, but just a quick basic analysis of a small sample of other "main" state teams suggests there is something slightly on the nose with West Coast home game umpiring.

Free kick totals for 1st 10 rounds;

Brisbane @ Home:
for: 115
ag: 112

Away:
for: 73
ag: 80

Adelaide @ Home:
for: 86
ag:94

Away:
for: 79
ag: 79

Sydney @ Home:
for: 105
ag: 86

Away:
for: 85
ag: 96

Collingwood @ Home:
for: 74
ag: 90

Away:
for: 87
ag: 85

West Coast @ Home:
for: 138
ag: 76

Away:
for: 103
ag: 79

All teams for the first 10 rounds have had 5 home and 5 away games except Brisbane who have had 6 & 4.

Normally I would agree with that summation completely, but just a quick basic analysis of a small sample of other "main" state teams suggests there is something slightly on the nose with West Coast home game umpirin

That puts the final nail in the 'parochial home crowd influencing the umpires' coffin I would think. The frees for and against look well in line with the league average for every other interstate team playing on their home turf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back