West Coast Conspiracy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone should just make a new thread. The 'conspiracy' strawman is making it way to easy for the Eagles posters to deflect from the actual issue.

If that actual issue as you say is the facts regarding discrepancies in free kicks as you have outlined previously....than it doesn't have anything to do with the eagles or the eagle supporters posting on here in their defense. Umpires bad calls is something out Of the clubs control and under AFL control...if supporters are deflecting from what you see as the "issue" maybe it's because everybody else is taking that set of stats and using it as the basis for a whole range of stoopid crazy ass claims about the eagles.

That puts the final nail in the 'parochial home crowd influencing the umpires' coffin I would think. The frees for and against look well in line with the league average for every other interstate team playing on their home turf.

Yeah you'd think so.

Personally surprised at the even-ness of the Adelaide figure given their huge hometown crowd advantage.

Props to the Croweater umps I guess.

Normally I would agree with that summation completely, but just a quick basic analysis of a small sample of other "main" state teams suggests there is something slightly on the nose with West Coast home game umpiring.

Free kick totals for 1st 10 rounds;

Brisbane @ Home:
for: 115
ag: 112

Away:
for: 112
ag: 80

Adelaide @ Home:
for: 86
ag:94

Away:
for: 79
ag: 79

Sydney @ Home:
for: 105
ag: 86

Away:
for: 85
ag: 96

Collingwood @ Home:
for: 74
ag: 90

Away:
for: 87
ag: 85

West Coast @ Home:
for: 138
ag: 76

Away:
for: 103

All teams for the first 10 rounds have had 5 home and 5 away games except Brisbane who have had 6 & 4.
Thanks for that Dickie. the figures are a real smack in the mouth to those that reackon the Pies get a good go from the umps. By the way do you have any figures for the Saints? They always seem to get a real good go from the umpires whenever I watch their games.

You wouldn't think so by the way they invariably squeal. The Saints board is the only one where at the same time as they set up their gameday thread, you get either Hump17 or Plugger35 setting up a " We wuz robbed" thread"to slag the umpires. And that's before the match has even started.

Your players have spent a considerable amount of time mastering the art of ducking. They try and turn legal tackles into illegal tackles and con the umpires. Then there are all the decisions you are getting go your way that are just completely wrong. The umpires have helped you over the line in at least 4 games this year. The whole football world is sick of it. Coaches have commented on it, journalist write about it, the media report it and the fans vent the anger on forums like this. The umpires are gifting you wins. It's not fair.

Im in stitches.

playing style has nothing to do with frees, and so a scragging midfielder like crowley should get the same frees as a player like judd who only goes for the ball

a team full of undisciplined buddys should get the same as a clean abblet.

why would we bother even rewarding frees if people think the count at the end of the game should be even?

They do duck but it's not just that. The umpires have one set of rules for the eagles and another for everyone else. You get such a stupidly good ride from the umpires.

We generally do get a pretty good ride, yeah. But I think it is more indicative of our general play and not because we are being 'favoured'. If anybody actually thinks that the umpires are consciously favouring WCE, then they are deluded.

You've got comprehension problems.

First post of the thread: "Their draw is also very sus. They only play 2 top 8 teams from last year twice. "

Proportionately, that is the correct number of teams from the top 8 to play!

That is all I said. Don't worry about anything else going on here. You're having a go at an undeniable impartial truth. Take out ourselves and 41% of the competition is top 8. 40% of our double-up games are against top 8 sides. There's no massaging of anything. It's black and white.

By all means, have another tanty and introduce some more irrelevant crap to tell me how wrong I am. I'm not bothering to address anything else in this thread because it's an endless loop. But straight off the top of the bat to suggest only playing two top eight sides twice is some kind of inequality is a load of crap. It's 1% off the expected result.

What's the deal with all the grammatical abuse by these eagles fan's .

Normally I would agree with that summation completely, but just a quick basic analysis of a small sample of other "main" state teams suggests there is something slightly on the nose with West Coast home game umpiring.

Free kick totals for 1st 10 rounds;

Brisbane @ Home:
for: 115
ag: 112

Away:
for: 73
ag: 80

Adelaide @ Home:
for: 86
ag:94

Away:
for: 79

Sydney @ Home:
for: 105
ag: 86

Away:
for: 85
ag: 96

Collingwood @ Home:
for: 74
ag: 90

Away:
for: 87
ag: 85

West Coast @ Home:
for: 138
ag: 76

Away:
for: 103

All teams for the first 10 rounds have had 5 home and 5 away games except Brisbane who have had 6 & 4.

Stats can only only tell part of the story though

Interesting that West Coast are 18th in regards to tackles applied at this stage of the year which would probably mean you are giving away less free kicks.

So you also have to look at a teams style of play, the type of players (Budd Franklin as oppossed to a Selwood probably means a 10 free kick differential), Dominent ruckmen/midfields, home crowds ect.

Thanks for that Dickie. the figures are a real smack in the mouth to those that reackon the Pies get a good go from the umps. By the way do you have any figures for the Saints? They always seem to get a real good go from the umpires whenever I watch their games.

You wouldn't think so by the way they invariably squeal. The Saints board is the only one where at the same time as they set up their gameday thread, you get either Hump17 or Plugger35 setting up a " We wuz robbed" thread"to slag the umpires. And that's before the match has even started.

Is there much point including the stats from Collingwood's 5 "home" games? 3 of their away games have been played in Melbourne as well, it's a bit meaningless to just pick 5 of their 8 Melbourne games.

West Coast sit atop the 'Frees For' ladder with an average of 24. Thats 4 more than the Saints, GWS and Port Adelaide who sit on 20 each. That is a significant difference. Conversely they sit on the bottom of the Frees Against ladder, with only 16 per game. There is clearly a trend there, I dunno how West Coast supporters fob that off, maybe argue that their team is super disciplined or some bollocks I guess. Either way you don't even need the stats to see how favoured they are by the umpiring in their games at Subi. At the moment they are having a far, far easier run than they should be on the back of the umpiring going their way each week. I wouldn't be surprised to see them bomb out of the finals in straight sets once the reality train comes slamming into the station.

What do you want WCE supporters to say honestly?

Umpires are blowing the whistle what can you do?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

seriously how the **** is this troll allowed on the main forum and not moved to bay 13? are the moderaters taking a policy of allowing trolling of west coast supporters or are they pretending they havnt seen this shit yet? ****ING USELESS!

seriously how the **** is this troll allowed on the main forum and not moved to bay 13? are the moderaters taking a policy of allowing trolling of west coast supporters or are they pretending they havnt seen this shit yet? ******* USELESS!

Gee, sedders, that's telling me.

Closed. Crap thread is crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back