West Coast Conspiracy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good question.
More like you're better at bending the rules or taking advantage of them, ie. dropping the knees and ducking the heads to get head high frees. As I mentioned above your hometown crowd at Subi is also a big factor in helping you win soft free kicks.

That's all you've got? Our home crowd supports the local team and we're better at taking advantage of the freely published rules?

This West Coast conspiracy is starting to sound not so conspiratorial.

Mind you, when I watch the Eagles play in other states I sometimes hear those crowds booing our players and sometimes not cheering our goals. I have also heard that they have no WA umpires. Why do we get "soft" frees in those games? Are those the ones where the actual payments are made to the umpires?

Nah he's ok. These two are really special.
Margetts in particular loves to shaft us. Unfortunately we get him most weeks.

It's always funny when commentators allude to the fact that they might favour Freo because they're from WA.

Yeah they favour us like Robert Walls favours Essendon, they're both from Victoria you know.

Not sure who Margetts goes for. He seems to shaft us most weeks as well.

eagles fans have a distorted reality of what being shafted by an umpire means though.

Just because they aren't paying you 2 frees to every 1 doesn't mean they're shafting you.

20678663.jpg
20678663.jpg
45.jpg

Yeah one of, if not the most successful clubs both on and off the field in AFL history is in such desperate need for another premiership that the AFL is setting an agenda. Now that we are on it maybe they spread the Darling rumours so he slipped to WC?

Let's accept for one moment that the AFL would conspire in such a way to gift a team a premiership. Why West Coast? I would have thought they would much prefer Carlton, Adelaide, Freo or any number of other teams who haven't won a premiership in 15+ years.

Should of stopped at the umpiring really. It's getting beyond funny now. It's just so blatant. Will be interesting against Collingwood umpires won't know who to kick home.

We are about 1000000 frees behind the Free Girls and near the bottom of table. Swing and a miss.

Darling ducked when he was tackled around the waist,Carltons forwards are locked up in tackles before the ball arrives ,Cox gets a kick because he is holding on to Jamisons jumper and Garlett tackles Masten who ran 10 bloody paces with ample opportunity to dispose of the footy for no kick.
Dean Margetts is from Perth and the Eagles are blatant cheats.

Spot on.

Never thought I would say this, but you Victorian c_nts are pissing me off more than WCE fans.

Shut the **** up you whingeing c_nts, Eagles and Collingwood are probably the 2 best sides right now, both have dealt with serious injuries and are still the top 2 sides.
Carlton played like rubbish, as they have done the past 6 weeks and WC should of flogged them by more.

There is no umpire conspiracy, there is no management conspiracy come to terms with the fact you are simply being beaten by a better team with probably the best coach in the AFL right now.

Lol.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is the blatant milking of free kicks still going on over there?

I think the underlying consensus here is that the umpiring this season has been crapola.

What I personally draw from this, and I know it's contrary the views of a loud minority, is that currently AFL umpiring influences the outcome of games.

Surely the AFL have an agenda to gift the eagles a premiership. The umpiring in their games at home or away is beyond belief and i can no longer endure watching them play. The amount of frees leading to set shots on goal is appalling.

Their draw is also very sus. They only play 2 top 8 teams from last year twice. Of the remaining sides from the top 8 in 2011, they play Sydney, Geelong, St kilda and Carlton all at home. The Blues game comes off an eagle's bye, after the blues have had 3 weeks of consecutive 6 day breaks. The Geelong game is played at home the third week in a row for the eagles and the hawks game saw hawthorn play the grand finalists from the previous year in the 2 games leading into it. The eagles also have a handy 9 day break (since when has WA had Thursday night footy?) leading into the away clash with collingwood.

Is it just me, or do others think the AFL wants an eagles premiership?

Wow! What a crap post. You seem to have to much time on your hands to come up with all this bs!

The game against StKilda it was bad just poor call after call WC way. As a supporter you think your being bias but every week the WC games are ruined by one sided umpiring. Collingwood will see that stop you'd think.

The game against StKilda it was bad just poor call after call WC way. As a supporter you think your being bias but every week the WC games are ruined by one sided umpiring. Collingwood will see that stop you'd think.

Still offended about that I see.

We still had the free kick count our way in the loss against Brisbane, and in a ten goal thumping by Essendon, the free kick count was even.

Obviously though we are part of this giant conspiracy by the AFL to give us our fourth premiership. The first two were cheated by being handed a state side and steroids, the third is of course due to our drug culture. As a poor club struggling to attract crowds and members, the AFL are now giving us a leg up for another one.

Good question.

I think it has a lot to do with the umpires being influenced by the mainly West Coast crowd at Subi which scream and yell for every free whether it is there or not. Why else would you get more soft frees at Subi than elsewhere?

The only game we didnt "cheat" was against the Lions apparently we are cheating over in melb as well.

At the end of the day the umpires are blowing the whistle nothing more should be said I find it incredible to blame a side for umpiring.

Umpires missed about 5 genuine holding the balls for the Eagles but thats across the board it seems that rule doesnt exist anymore.

I dont know what you guys are on about what action do you suggest that should take place?

SHould the AFL look deeply in this? Nothings been done for 12 weeks.

At least you know when you come to Sydney you get your arse kicked fair and square.

Just wait til you get to the top of the ladder & Bang - salary concessions..

People just want to to whinge... No big deal, doesn't change the fact your team got the points.

No way. From my neutral observations the Saints were given their usual armchair ride by the umps in that game, but still got well and truly beaten. Your constant whining does you no credit at all.

West Coast sit atop the 'Frees For' ladder with an average of 24. Thats 4 more than the Saints, GWS and Port Adelaide who sit on 20 each. That is a significant difference. Conversely they sit on the bottom of the Frees Against ladder, with only 16 per game. There is clearly a trend there, I dunno how West Coast supporters fob that off, maybe argue that their team is super disciplined or some bollocks I guess. Either way you don't even need the stats to see how favoured they are by the umpiring in their games at Subi. At the moment they are having a far, far easier run than they should be on the back of the umpiring going their way each week. I wouldn't be surprised to see them bomb out of the finals in straight sets once the reality train comes slamming into the station.

Umpiring this season has been farcical, with every single game containing countless numbers of ridiculous decisions in both directions. West Coast, for whatever reason, definitely are getting more than their fair share, anyone with an unbiased view will say the same as I actually don't mind West Coast and prefer them over any other team in the top 4-6. But I have to say watching them get gifted games at Subi (which they would probably win anyway) is starting to piss me off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back