West Coast Eagles Assistant Coaches

Remove this Banner Ad

I find it unusual that a coach going for a senior gig didnt already have his assistants at the ready.
Simpson should have had at least 3-4 guys at the ready to come accross when he got the job.
I do like the Simpson appointment but I reckon we could have the worst assistants coaching panel ever assembled.
Nothing really inspiring in the lot chosen so far and if we were to appoint a sacked Freo coach as senior assistant that would just top it off!o_O

Woosha left it very late to announce he was going. On top of that Simpson was busy being part of the coaching team that won the Grand Final. He had little time to prepare for the interviews with us and absolutely nailed it.

Give the man a chance to build his team first. I doubt he has had time to relax since the season ended.

Woosha left it very late to announce he was going. On top of that Simpson was busy being part of the coaching team that won the Grand Final. He had little time to prepare for the interviews with us and absolutely nailed it.

Give the man a chance to build his team first. I doubt he has had time to relax since the season ended.

Totally agree, plus, Simpson was picked for his ideas and approach to coaching the team, so it doesnt really matter who helps him as long as they support him in implementing his game plan. A senior mentor would help on the odd occassion, but many top coaches have started with inexperienced support staff and gone on to be successful, its only a latter day thing where a lot of new coaches bring on someone more experienced as a back up plan in case things go wrong. I'm sure he will be fine. Its his ideas i am interested in and seeing how they will help our team.

I find it unusual that a coach going for a senior gig didnt already have his assistants at the ready.
Simpson should have had at least 3-4 guys at the ready to come accross when he got the job.
I do like the Simpson appointment but I reckon we could have the worst assistants coaching panel ever assembled.
Nothing really inspiring in the lot chosen so far and if we were to appoint a sacked Freo coach as senior assistant that would just top it off!o_O

Given the circumstances of the coaching hand-over, what possible component of what has happened could be considered unusual? Genuinely confused by why would think this.

I think Simpson for a long time would have known he was going to apply for a senior role,i still find it unusual that he hadnt had anyone lined up as an assistant and on face value thats exactly how it looks,even Rawlings wasnt a shoe in straight up.

Hey i like the appointment of Simpson,the assistants i think are pretty average,just an opinion!

I think Simpson for a long time would have known he was going to apply for a senior role,i still find it unusual that he hadnt had anyone lined up as an assistant and on face value thats exactly how it looks,even Rawlings wasnt a shoe in straight up.

Hey i like the appointment of Simpson,the assistants i think are pretty average,just an opinion!

So what you're saying is that Simpson should have had a whole team of assistants lined up just in case he got a senior role?

Someone should tell Peter Sumich's team to stop waiting around.

No but surely his pitch should be presented as some sort of package

He had barely any time from after the GF to get much organised. In that short time it's hard enough to wow a board let alone make sure a team is ready.

I've got no issue with any of the assistance we have brought in at all.

No but surely his pitch should be presented as some sort of package

Lyon didn't come with "some sort of package" when he went to Freo and he had more time and was already a senior coach. Why should we expect Simpson to do that when he has a week and was just a lowly assistant with a small chance at a senior gig??

So what you're saying is that Simpson should have had a whole team of assistants lined up just in case he got a senior role?

Someone should tell Peter Sumich's team to stop waiting around.

No im not saying a whole team but perhaps 2 or 3 would have been alright..hey.

Sumich did have a couple of assistants to bring with him as per his interview on the radio,just for the record i didnt want Summa in the post.

Simpson himself said he wanted to surround himself with assistants he trusted so i took that as people he knows in footy circles in Melbourne.

Anyway im happy to be proven wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No im not saying a whole team but perhaps 2 or 3 would have been alright..hey.

Sumich did have a couple of assistants to bring with him as per his interview on the radio,just for the record i didnt want Summa in the post.

Simpson himself said he wanted to surround himself with assistants he trusted so i took that as people he knows in footy circles in Melbourne.

Anyway im happy to be proven wrong.

I reckon Peter Sumich was preparing for the Eagles interview before Woosha even announced publicly he was stepping down. Being mates with each other.

So Simpson was perhaps weeks behind Summa as far as being prepared goes.

I reckon Peter Sumich was preparing for the Eagles interview before Woosha even announced publicly he was stepping down. Being mates with each other.

So Simpson was perhaps weeks behind Summa as far as being prepared goes.

Yeah it seemed that way...but i heard the only person Suma was going to bring with him was Mark Stone.

Pyke was massively rated when at the Crows and was talked about as someone who had the talent for a senior role but didn't want it.

Not sure why people have to rubbish everything the club does sometimes...
Same, our good history of success far outweighs our occasional short term down times so I don't know why any Eagles supporter would be down on the club. Every club..every single one..has to change, rebuild, take risks and ride out some hard times in order to reinvent and climb up again..and we have always been very good at rising up quickly and I can't wait to see what this new breed will produce. Happy to trust the club that they are picking good people..we generally have in the past. People who can't understand that there has to be periods of adjustment and patience in between periods of success just don't live in reality, especially now with 18 clubs and all their concessions and cash to throw around. We were no good this year but so what, that's gonna happen to every club every few years.. it's time to move on and throw support behind the club and let them do what they gotta do.

Same, our good history of success far outweighs our occasional short term down times so I don't know why any Eagles supporter would be down on the club. Every club..every single one..has to change, rebuild, take risks and ride out some hard times in order to reinvent and climb up again..and we have always been very good at rising up quickly and I can't wait to see what this new breed will produce. Happy to trust the club that they are picking good people..we generally have in the past. People who can't understand that there has to be periods of adjustment and patience in between periods of success just don't live in reality, especially now with 18 clubs and all their concessions and cash to throw around. We were no good this year but so what, that's gonna happen to every club every few years.. it's time to move on and throw support behind the club and let them do what they gotta do.

Its not being down on the club to just ask a question in relation to a decision made by the club. Pyke has been out of footy since 06 which is a long time with the way things move as far as tactics and techniques go, so people have naturally asked if it was the best decision. Hopefully if he was highly rated before while at The Crows, he will get back into it quick enough and will show it was a good decision. Only time will tell. :)

Its not being down on the club to just ask a question in relation to a decision made by the club. Pyke has been out of footy since 06 which is a long time with the way things move as far as tactics and techniques go, so people have naturally asked if it was the best decision. Hopefully if he was highly rated before while at The Crows, he will get back into it quick enough and will show it was a good decision. Only time will tell. :)
I wasn't really talking about that Pyke comment, just more in general about supporters who seem to relish looking at the negative side of things..before they even happen!

Remove this Banner Ad

West Coast Eagles Assistant Coaches

Remove this Banner Ad

Back