West Coast Eagles Assistant Coaches

Remove this Banner Ad

Could Black and Corey step into a senior assistants role straight away with no prior experience?..

Yes. They would be great leaders for our players. If we start sucking we'll kit them up.

It's not as se ior assistant coach actually _ it's to be the defensive coach, which, I guess, puts Corey and Laidley to the forefront of those four. Harvey too. I can't see it being Black.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From Perth Now
It appears unlikely that former Fremantle head coach Mark Harvey will win the Eagles back-line coach appointment, after the triple Essendon premiership defender had been widely tipped to meet with Simpson.

West Coast appears more likely to elevate one of their development coaches Adrian Hickmott, Jaymie Graham or even recently retired 2006 Eagles premiership defender Adam Selwood into the backline coaching position in Simpson's initiation next season.

- See more at: http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/af...y-fniv6fhh-1226748164759#sthash.U0DUUCX8.dpuf

From Perth Now
It appears unlikely that former Fremantle head coach Mark Harvey will win the Eagles back-line coach appointment, after the triple Essendon premiership defender had been widely tipped to meet with Simpson.

West Coast appears more likely to elevate one of their development coaches Adrian Hickmott, Jaymie Graham or even recently retired 2006 Eagles premiership defender Adam Selwood into the backline coaching position in Simpson's initiation next season.

- See more at: http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/af...y-fniv6fhh-1226748164759#sthash.U0DUUCX8.dpuf

Doesn't come across like we have an ideal coaching group for next year, I have some slight concerns..

Doesn't come across like we have an ideal coaching group for next year, I have some slight concerns..

We had a very experienced coaching group last year and it didnt help us. What matters is the game plan that Simpson has in mind for us and whether he can get it across to the players well enough for it to be effective. Good communication is the key. We just need to give the new coaching group time & see how things pan out.

I am happy with that. He has has a lot more experience than Teague when he came in. I take it Selwood will take over his position as a development coach in the backline.

We still need one more senior coach and maybe Laidley, Voss or Harvey will get the gig though from all reports Harvey and Voss wont be at WCE.

Though from the sound of this: “We will complete our coaching structure when we add another development coach to fill the void.” It might mean we do not add any more senior coaches.

Remove this Banner Ad

West Coast Eagles Assistant Coaches

Remove this Banner Ad

Back