MVP West Coast Eagles BigFooty Player of the Year 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

14th place with 6.19 votes

Alex Witherden

1726110216220.png

I find it hard to give Witho much positive feedback - but he always gives 100% and puts his body on the line. Unfortunately I find his decision making and disposal questionable at times, however the coaches rate his leadership in the back half highly and he did well to poll his way into the top 15. Scored best on ground honours for his efforts vs Collingwood in round 9.

Fan boy: BeornJ (I'm shocked to be sitting here)

13th place with 7.67 votes

Bailey Williams

1726111238594.png

With the recruitment of Flynn we were promised more of a hybrid forward/ruck role for Bailey, but alas the injury gods did not want to let this happen at the start of the season. And when Flynn did in, it didn't look like it worked very well anyway. Regardless, Bailey battled manfully as always and put his all in for every game of the season. I thought his marking improved a fair bit this year, but I still feel like we're forever waiting for it all to click for Bailey. Polled in 14 games including a best on ground performance in round 1.

Fan boy: InTheWings

17th place with 5.65 votes

Jack Darling

View attachment 2108338

A below par year for Jack as father time appears to be catching up with him. Became our second highest ever goal scorer and now sits on 298 AFL games with rumours of possibly joining North Melbourne next year. Dropped after Simpson left, Jack went back to the WAFL and played an excellent game and returned to the senior side with a bit more efficiency. Scored best on ground honours in round 19 vs St Kilda.

Fan Boys: InTheWings & HoneyBadger35
My beautiful boy, they simply don’t understand what it is that you do.

Pick 40 thanks.

My toxic trait is never voting on players after games but then religiously following these threads at the conclusion of each season thinking 'hmm nah I don't agree with that'

Sounds like your attitude regarding player sponsorship too. 😂

12th place with 8.79 votes

Oscar Allen

1726117136349.png

Despite only playing 11 games Oscar unsurprisingly still had a big effect on our side when he made it back in for the second half of the year, polling BOG honours in round 17 and coming very close again in round 22. Will be interesting to see how he goes with the new and improved Waterman over the course of a full season in 2025.

Fan boys: fidstar & InTheWings

14th place with 6.19 votes

Alex Witherden

View attachment 2108371

I find it hard to give Witho much positive feedback - but he always gives 100% and puts his body on the line. Unfortunately I find his decision making and disposal questionable at times, however the coaches rate his leadership in the back half highly and he did well to poll his way into the top 15. Scored best on ground honours for his efforts vs Collingwood in round 9.

Fan boy: BeornJ (I'm shocked to be sitting here)

Witho-God not in the top 10?

Donald Trump Impeachment GIF

11th place with 10.11 votes

Liam Ryan

1726118004414.png

Really hard to judge Liam's season. Came back from a catastrophic hamstring injury and didn't look quite like the same Flyin Ryan as we all love. There was also a couple of experiments of playing him further up the ground that didn't work out as well as hoped. Though there's always talk of his preseasons being less than ideal, 2024's couldn't have been any good considering he was still in recovery. His class still shone at times with his ball use but just looked off the pace for most of the season. Polled in 7 games including a BOG for round 18 vs Brisbane.

Fan boy: eaglespremiers

10th place with 11.55 votes

Liam Duggan

1726119104549.png

Co-captain Liam had arguably his best season to date, throwing himself into every contest. Though often let down by his disposal, he somewhat reinvented himself as a defensive midfielder out of necessity. I have a feeling he will poll much higher in the actual Eagles B&F as I think he does what the coaches ask of him and is probably not as harshly judge as he is by us with his clangers. He polled in 15 games with his highest votes coming in round 7 & 17.

Fan boys: triplegee & JADED

(Log in to remove this ad.)

9th place with 12.57 votes

Jayden Hunt

1726120110001.png

A change in roles and a niggling injury saw Jayden have less of an influence on our games than he has in the past, but he still polled well and has turned out to be one of our better recruits in recent memory. He polled in 10 matches including a BOG in round 19 vs the Saints.

Fan boy: Carbine Chaos

8th place with 12.71 votes

Brady Hough

1726121998225.png

What a year for one of my favourite players. Arguably one of the best small defenders of the competition, Brady was rarely beaten this year after being expected to take the opposition's best small to medium forward every round. Plays with the confidence and composure of a 200 game player, we have found a real gem here and I think he is another that will poll much higher in the club B&F. More of a consistent vote scorer - polling in 16 games for the year, he came very close to BOG honours in round 18 vs Brisbane.

Fan boy: Carbine Chaos

7th place with 14.60 votes

Reuben Ginbey

1726123346171.png

A solid year from The Boy who appeared to get better the longer the season went - and a lot of that was due to him being played more off the back line than in the midfield where he appeared more comfortable having the responsibility of following a man and having the game in front of him. Imagine what he could do if he could improve his kicking and overhead marking. Another consistent poller with votes in 15 games, with his best outing in round 19. Great to see him in the top 10.

6th place with 15.98 votes

Tim Kelly

1726125040997.png

Another polarising player (do we have more than any other club?), Tim had a solid season as usual. One of the 3 primary midfielders for the Eagles, he was often asked to do more than is expected of him and would often have incredible performances for a quarter of a game and fade in and out. Realistically, we'd be even further up sh*t without him. He polled in 16 games, with his best outings in rounds 3, 8 and 18.

Fan boy: Alesana

7th place with 14.60 votes

Reuben Ginbey

View attachment 2108584

A solid year from The Boy who appeared to get better the longer the season went - and a lot of that was due to him being played more off the back line than in the midfield where he appeared more comfortable having the responsibility of following a man and having the game in front of him. Imagine what he could do if he could improve his kicking and overhead marking. Another consistent poller with votes in 15 games, with his best outing in round 19. Great to see him in the top 10.

My booooyyyyyy!

5th place with 29.43 votes

Tom Barrass

1726183598731.png

Our Vice Captain really did have an outstanding season, without he and Gov we'd have been back to the 100+ deficits of last year. Tommy stood up and continued to put his body on the line week after week with his incredible intercept marking. Unfortunately he finished the season with a concussion and hamstring injury and missed a block of games. If he is indeed out the door - which seems almost a done deal - I personally will be sad to see the back of him, but hopefully he goes on to be healthy and play well at his new club. Polled in 14 out of a possible 18 games, with BOG honours in round 11 and 12 whilst also scoring highly in rounds 8, 9 & 15.

Fan boy: bUCKET__

4th place with 35.84 votes

Jake Waterman

1726188539769.png

There's nothing I can say that hasn't already been said. 50+ goals, AA, Clunge - you know it all. What a season, what a player. 4 x BOGs in the voting and polled in 18 games.

Fan boy: fidstar

3rd place with 35.91 votes

Harley Reid

1726191031304.png

Fantastic debut season to just edge out Snake for a podium finish. Bit of new toy bias? Perhaps. But isn't it great to get excited about watching our team play when this guy is out there. Targeted by the opposition and umpires in the back half of the season, can't wait to see what he brings in 2025 after an off-season in the gym and on the track. BSD. Polled in 16 games with 2 BOG's in rounds 1 & 23.

Fan boy: Bleedblueandgold

2nd place with 42.43 votes

Jeremy McGovern

1726192830256.png

The Gov came back for the preseason looking leaner than ever and it reflected in his performance on the field this year. With another AA gong after 19 games he's arguably the greatest defender in Eagles history, and still has a good few years left in him. Suffered another rib injury and was refused flight access and resorted to driving back across the Nullabor with Mr & Mrs Chesser to try and make it for Simpsons farewell game but couldn't make fitness. BOG in rounds 3,16 & 22 and polled in 18 out of 19 games! Ridiculous. A well and truly deserved podium finish and my tip for 2024 Club Champion.

Fan boy: triplegee

Remove this Banner Ad

MVP West Coast Eagles BigFooty Player of the Year 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back