Game Day West Coast Eagles vs Essendon Braves

Who will win?

• Eagles

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • Essendon

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • It doesn't matter, Jobe was so brave....

Votes: 73 65.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

tbf, angry is probably the wrong word. Dim, dreary, cheerless, devoid of light probably fit better.

Actually, they are channeling all of their optimism and braveness into Jobe Watson and there's none left for BigFooty. Hird, Watson and Dank are like the three witches in Hocus Pocus that steal the youth and vitality from children to keep themselves young.

dropped in for a few of the last pages.

Is it just me or are there a tad obsessed with free kicks?
Preemptive excuse making. The call of the mid range side. We were doing it with injuries early, before we worked out we were actually awesome.

That was just in the last couple of pages and it's a 31 pager so far so I wouldn't really call it obsessed. What I am surprised about is the lack of obsessing over the penchant of WC for ducking so far.
Is the Essendon board stuck in 2012? We have Shuey who tries it on, but that's about it. Everyone else continues the outstanding record of WCE team discipline we've had over a number of years. Last in fouls given away by a long margin.

Preemptive excuse making. The call of the mid range side. We were doing it with injuries early, before we worked out we were actually awesome.

Is the Essendon board stuck in 2012? We have Shuey who tries it on, but that's about it. Everyone else continues the outstanding record of WCE team discipline we've had over a number of years. Last in fouls given away by a long margin.
No it may well be just me. Like I said I'm surprised there hasn't been a lot more about it.

But ASHTON HA...

oh.

I always lurk on opposing team boards the week before we play them and it's so bloody depressing that they never have anything even remotely funny or entertaining as what we put out week after week. Top notch quality posters over here

(Log in to remove this ad.)

142540_3be357f0f019e8b40f86155001f347cd.png

There there that nasty crowd cant hurt you anymore .... til next time

I always lurk on opposing team boards the week before we play them and it's so bloody depressing that they never have anything even remotely funny or entertaining as what we put out week after week. Top notch quality posters over here

Hasn't exactly rainbows and lollypops over at Bomber land for the last 10 to 13 years. It would take its toll being so shit for so long.

We do actually have a banter thread, it's buried on page two somewhere. But, uh, we were so shit last week that I doubt anyone can raise much of a laugh.

Gloomy is different to angry right?

Fair call. There is pent up frustration wrapped with a serving of gloom and despair and I sense ready to get angry.

Here is a selection:
If Laverde isn't in this week, then there is no hope for this footy club.

I saw this coming hence why I was angry Thursday night when the team changes came through.

In: all fit West Australians we got so we can showcase them for trade later this year.

Calm down mate, once again just because your opinion isn't agreed with no need to get abusive and dismissive.

Drop the coach and let Mark Harvey take over.

I would punch someone and get a break that way!

No ruckman. Now down two talks. Hird has lost the ******* plot.

um...a ruck is kind of important. isn't this like going into a cricket game without a wicket keeper?

This club....just lol.

James has lost the plot.

He's in shit form, worse the Bellchambers.
The best ruckman we have isn't allowed to play because we stuffed up out LTI listings.
The club is in shambles, and we'll probably win by 5 goals for no other reason than footy likes to **** with people's minds.

Oh god. What has happened to the club I love.
C:\Users\Jon\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.png
C:\Users\Jon\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.png

We do actually have a banter thread, it's buried on page two somewhere. But, uh, we were so shit last week that I doubt anyone can raise much of a laugh.

I reckon you guys are alright compared to other boards, I'll pop in and say hi when the banter thread resurrects itself

I reckon you guys are alright compared to other boards, I'll pop in and say hi when the banter thread resurrects itself
It's resurrected, by yours truly. A pretty mediocre effort, truth be told, but it's Friday night and I can't be *****d.

BOOOOOOO Doss.

Kerr has some scores to settle with Nathan Lovett-Murray this week Doss.

I heard Nat Rat was doing some community work to help out troubled ex footballers in the prison system, Kerr may well get his chance to come face to face with him.

Last edited:
I honestly can't fathom the decision by the bombers MC to leave out a genuine ruckmen. Even whatshisface, guy who decked Sheppard...? Adelaide guy.

I thought all week Hirds been saying that Carlisle is happy playing forward and he's enjoying his footy? Now he's playing ruck. I doubt he'll be enjoying it all that much tomorrow when he's getting climbed over. And i actually rate Carlisle as a player.

I honestly can't fathom the decision by the bombers MC to leave out a genuine ruckmen. Even whatshisface, guy who decked Sheppard...? Adelaide guy.

I thought all week Hirds been saying that Carlisle is happy playing forward and he's enjoying his footy? Now he's playing ruck. I doubt he'll be enjoying it all that much tomorrow when he's getting climbed over. And i actually rate Carlisle as a player.
McKernan would be playing if he wasn't on the rookie list. And he's only on the rookie list because we ballsed up and didn't place David Myers to the LTI list even though he had a shoulder reconstruction.

Pretty frustrating.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day West Coast Eagles vs Essendon Braves

Back