2nds West Coast Eagles WAFL Watch 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

We can’t delist everyone. He should get a spot ahead of Rotham, witherden, culley, jones but should be behind baker, Rawlinson. Depends how deep we cut I guess.
Should he though? Admittedly I don't watch the WAFL team every week, but I catch probably half the games, and he's obviously been injured a bit but I can recall maybe 1 game where I thought he might make an AFL player. I just don't think it's going to happen, cut our losses and try someone else.

We can’t delist everyone. He should get a spot ahead of Rotham, witherden, culley, jones, ledwards but should be behind baker, Rawlinson. Depends how deep we cut I guess.

We can and should not offer contracts for those that aren't contracted for next season, including all of those you have listed above.

Jamieson to get cut for sure. I think Barnett gotta go to defense. He has zero chance as a ruck at this point

We probably need to look at our rucks as 3 deep. Williams, Flynn, J.Williams (ahead of Barnett). In the off-season we should find one more ruck. Given we wanted English I think we know this somewhat.

I’d go with Liam Reidy for free on a 2 year deal (Freo only offering 1). If not Reidy we probably need to get creative and work out a trade of some sort
Are we game enough to cut jamieson with his contract? I hope we do.

We can and should not offer contracts for those that aren't contracted for next season, including all of those you have listed above.
So we can replace them with other shit rookies and rejects from other clubs? We can’t delist everyone we don’t have the picks.

So we can replace them with other shit rookies and rejects from other clubs? We can’t delist everyone we don’t have the picks.
So persist with the shit players we have? Would be pretty nice for our club to actually identify and pick the next Lawson Humphries or Nic Martin for once.

Should he though? Admittedly I don't watch the WAFL team every week, but I catch probably half the games, and he's obviously been injured a bit but I can recall maybe 1 game where I thought he might make an AFL player. I just don't think it's going to happen, cut our losses and try someone else.
He showed a lot last year before his run of injuries. I guess it just comes down to how S+C view the future of his body. If he was going to be replaced with only a rookie pick I would consider giving him another year.

He can’t stay fit so gotta count that in. It looks like Barass gets a direct replacement in Clurrey or the like if he goes

I think Barnett in defense and Jamieson will clash a bit also
He's also contracted. I don't think there's anyway we dump a contracted player who gives us depth at a position we're light on in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's also contracted. I don't think there's anyway we dump a contracted player who gives us depth at a position we're light on in.
If Clurrey signs, are we light on? It will define his list chances for sure. Id say it’s 0 chance we don’t sign an experienced fb. Even if it’s just for some leadership in the WAFL side.

If Clurrey signs, are we light on? It will define his list chances for sure. Id say it’s 0 chance we don’t sign an experienced fb. Even if it’s just for some leadership in the WAFL side.
Probably? We would have Clurrey as depth and?
I'm assuming we end up playing Gov, Bazzo and Edwards together which leaves us with not much in WAFL at those spots

Probably? We would have Clurrey as depth and?
I'm assuming we end up playing Gov, Bazzo and Edwards together which leaves us with not much in WAFL at those spots
We would no longer need Jamieson as depth…

I think Schofield wants to shorten the side down and have more run out of defense. I can’t see those 3 playing together.

It will be Clurrey/Bazzo/Barnett in the WAFL most likely .

But why keep a guy we can be pretty sure isn't up to it? Might as well try someone new, never know when you'll hit gold.
I mean look at the strike rate in rookie drafts. It’s less than 10%. Just have to decide if you think Burgiel is more than a 10% chance of making it.

So we can replace them with other shit rookies and rejects from other clubs?

Yes! We replace shit rookies with other rookies.

It's how turning over a list works.

You don't just stick with the spuds you have, you give other guys a chance. They either make it or you delist them and repeat the process.

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds West Coast Eagles WAFL Watch 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back