2nds West Coast Eagles WAFL Watch 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes! We replace shit rookies with other rookies.

It's how turning over a list works.

You don't just stick with the spuds you have, you give other guys a chance. They either make it or you delist them and repeat the process.
I don’t disagree but you can’t expect players to make it after a season or two especially when they are playing in our wafl side.

Has to be a balance.

I mean look at the strike rate in rookie drafts. It’s less than 10%. Just have to decide if you think Burgiel is more than a 10% chance of making it.
Well I've decided he isn't a chance of making it, that's why I'm saying get rid of him (obviously only my opinion).
And I reckon our strike rate in rookie drafts is abysmal, I made quite a few excel spread sheets on it that I posted here years ago which I CBF doing now.
My hope is that the new members of the recruitment team and a new coaching staff will help identify and develop some of those rookie picks better than we have done.

We would no longer need Jamieson as depth…

I think Schofield wants to shorten the side down and have more run out of defense. I can’t see those 3 playing together.

It will be Clurrey/Bazzo/Barnett in the WAFL most likely .
Nah Bazzo will be playing AFL next year, I'm giving this the Godfather Guarantee

2ab0cd0f-0cf4-4a8a-b0f7-6968dc593ada_text.gif

Well I've decided he isn't a chance of making it, that's why I'm saying get rid of him (obviously only my opinion).
And I reckon our strike rate in rookie drafts is abysmal, I made quite a few excel spread sheets on it that I posted here years ago which I CBF doing now.
My hope is that the new members of the recruitment team and a new coaching staff will help identify and develop some of those rookie picks better than we have done.
Yeah that’s fair enough he is certainly an extremely low chance.

It’s bad across all clubs not just ours. But yes we have been especially bad.

Gotta give Flynn one more year really. Two injuries, one very severe and looks completely incapable of running out a game. Rucks okay but is getting killed on the spread. Anyone who watched Flynn play in the last month will tell you he is struggling to get around the ground and looks terribly unfit

If Flynn can’t get it going in pre season and start next year of with a bang, I’ll be very worried. For now we probably shouldn’t give up on a guy after a bad month

I’ve been thinking the same, we need to judge him after he gets a clear run at it. The issue though is that his injury history suggests there’s a good chance that might never happen.

So we can replace them with other shit rookies and rejects from other clubs? We can’t delist everyone we don’t have the picks.

Not this again… we can pick as many people as we need to fill a list.. and we can darn well delist everyone… it’s the gutlessness to cut blokes which has our list in such a mess…

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Not this again… we can pick as many people as we need to fill a list.. and we can darn well delist everyone… it’s the gutlessness to cut blokes which has our list in such a mess…

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Have an example of what you are actually talking about? Theres difference between giving a 1st or 2nd year player another year compared to giving a third year player a three year contract.

I think Coby Burgiel is a bad ass name and feel like people want to keep him on the list because of that. It’s all it could be yeah?
No lol, he was good in the few games played last year.
This year it seems like he hasn't been able to get over his hammy issues/lack of confidence/poor form/whatever.

Last edited:
Could have been knocked around more than anticipated by that appendix stuff early in the season.

Gerreyn didn’t get many disposals but he looked promising to me. Crashed packs and, if the conditions weren’t so atrocious, he probably would’ve hung on to 2 or 3 big contested marks. He certainly isn’t afraid of body contact. Will be interesting to see what he can do in more favourable weather.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

jeesus - Flynn flogged by a wafl ruck man again. rucking is solo too, so he got no one to blame but himself for losing the taps. oh, and the claremont ruckman is only 199cm

I’m willing to give Flynn some latitude based on the injury he suffered in pre-season. When you suffer a leg injury and can’t really run for several weeks early in the season, I feel like it totally wrecks your fitness for the whole season and it’s impossible to just play catch-up to other guys who have months of match fitness under their belts. Hopefully he gets a clean run next season and he can get back to being productive like he was at GWS.

RE Jamo delist/how many talls we play/Bring in Clurey.

I think Jamo to be paid out, Clurey to be bought in as insurance/WAFL leader is our best bet.

Happy providing all are in form for HEdwards, Bazzo and Gov to play in the AFL side.

Gov at his best as a 3rd tall. Harry and Bazzo as our two lockdown key backs.

If one of Bazzo or Edwards is injured or out of form, then slight role change, with Gov to play as lock down key and Ginbey to be 3rd tall.

AFL
FB - Cole Bazzo Gov
HB - Hough HEdwards Ginbey
Int - Johnston/Chesser/Travaglia

WAFL
Barnett, Clurey, Burgeil, Chesser/Johnston/Travaglia

Wouldn’t rule it out but feel it’s Bazzo over Edwards and not both

Not sure about this.

Early this year we had Hough penciled in as a 3rd tall. Instead we decided to have him play as a small lockdown defender.

We’ve tried to use Rotham as a 3rd tall which hasn’t worked.

When Bazzo played AFL he played that role, and looked to have some good tools. Good mark, decent speed, good aggression and tidy ball user.

We can play Edwards, Gov and Bazzo in the same team.

It’s very different than trying to fit Edwards, Gov, Barrass in together if you ask me.

I was pretty disappointed with Don Pykes comments about the WAFL team. Begging WAFC for concessions is stupid. DEMAND them or we walk. End of story. Committing to staying in the WAFL without figuring out if they are going to give us concessions is stupid. We need to figure this out before we make promises to them and lose the power position.

Stop being bullied by everyone and stand up for the club for once

Not sure about this.

Early this year we had Hough penciled in as a 3rd tall. Instead we decided to have him play as a small lockdown defender.

We’ve tried to use Rotham as a 3rd tall which hasn’t worked.

When Bazzo played AFL he played that role, and looked to have some good tools. Good mark, decent speed, good aggression and tidy ball user.

We can play Edwards, Gov and Bazzo in the same team.

It’s very different than trying to fit Edwards, Gov, Barrass in together if you ask me.

We tried Barrass, Gov and Jamieson at the start of the year as well. It allows Gov to play on a smaller/less targeted player and drift off him.

I think ideally we’d have Bazzo/Edwards/Gov in our starting backline Round 1.

I was pretty disappointed with Don Pykes comments about the WAFL team. Begging WAFC for concessions is stupid. DEMAND them or we walk. End of story. Committing to staying in the WAFL without figuring out if they are going to give us concessions is stupid. We need to figure this out before we make promises to them and lose the power position.

Stop being bullied by everyone and stand up for the club for once

Is this something else he said at the River Room?

I’d like to know what more concessions he wants and how he thinks they’ll help. We got an increase in maximum player points from 65 to 70 this year, then we haven’t even used 65.

We’ve burnt a heap of points on Nelson who hasn’t played a game, and then there’s other guys who’ve been mainstays over the past couple of years who’ve barely played - Henderson, Burke, Nitschke, Creasey, Eastough, Levien etc. I don’t know if they’ve been injured or they’ve just gotten fed up and left the program, but either way we haven’t had them.

The WAFL could increase our points allowance to 100 but it won’t make any difference if we can’t actually convince any quality players to join the side because (a) they don’t want to lose by 10 goals every week and (b) they don’t want to face losing their spot through no fault of their own just because we’ve got an AFL player coming back from injury who has to be picked ahead of them.

I don’t know how we solve that problem.

Is this something else he said at the River Room?

I’d like to know what more concessions he wants and how he thinks they’ll help. We got an increase in maximum player points from 65 to 70 this year, then we haven’t even used 65.

We’ve burnt a heap of points on Nelson who hasn’t played a game, and then there’s other guys who’ve been mainstays over the past couple of years who’ve barely played - Henderson, Burke, Nitschke, Creasey, Eastough, Levien etc. I don’t know if they’ve been injured or they’ve just gotten fed up and left the program, but either way we haven’t had them.

The WAFL could increase our points allowance to 100 but it won’t make any difference if we can’t actually convince any quality players to join the side because (a) they don’t want to lose by 10 goals every week and (b) they don’t want to face losing their spot through no fault of their own just because we’ve got an AFL player coming back from injury who has to be picked ahead of them.

I don’t know how we solve that problem.
He wants better regions or something (not 100% sure on terminology) .He then said he wants more concessions or ability for us to source players from SANFL/VFL since WAFL based players are reluctant to join.

The big blocker appears to be WAFC not wanting us to spend extra money to get players here from over east. That sounds like what they are arguing. Its pathetic from WAFL clubs really. They should want the competition to have better players and not to sook and moan about it

In all honesty it sounded to me like we have names lined up, its WAFC who wont let them sign on and are the blockers. Atleast we seem prepared to action things that way. We just have the douchey WAFL clubs not wanting it to happen

Wouldn’t rule it out but feel it’s Bazzo over Edwards and not both
Bazzo over Edwards? For selection? Edwards is miles ahead.

Ideally Bazzo plays third tall next year behind Gov and Harry, will be good for his development.

Bazzo over Edwards? For selection? Edwards is miles ahead.

Ideally Bazzo plays third tall next year behind Gov and Harry, will be good for his development.
Edwards is miles ahead. Im saying that Bazzo/Edwards competing for same spot

I dont see Bazzo as a third tall im afraid, especially under a Schofield who wants more run from defense

Edwards is miles ahead. Im saying that Bazzo/Edwards competing for same spot

I dont see Bazzo as a third tall im afraid, especially under a Schofield who wants more run from defense
If Schofield actually wanted run from the backline Baker would have been playing ahead of Witherden for weeks.

I see Bazzo as a third tall at this stage, but he will develop into someone who can handle KPFs.

If Schofield actually wanted run from the backline Baker would have been playing ahead of Witherden for weeks.

I see Bazzo as a third tall at this stage, but he will develop into someone who can handle KPFs.

I think he's someone that could play similar ro Lever, until Gov retires at least.

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds West Coast Eagles WAFL Watch 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back