Game Day West Coast vs Melbourne : Sunday, March 22 at 3.40pm : Status Pending ** WE’RE ON!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Just play the damn thing behind closed doors.

Of course, the AFLPA President is Paddy "give us more money and shorter seasons" Dangerfield, so you know what his agenda will be.
Would not surprise me if the season was shortened to 17 games and every subsequent season would be 17 games.

Of course, the AFLPA President is Paddy "give us more money and shorter seasons" Dangerfield, so you know what his agenda will be.
Would not surprise me if the season was shortened to 17 games and every subsequent season would be 17 games.
Wouldn't happen long term as it would be too much money lost hving a shorter season

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let's just play this one and win by lots. Then we finish the round on top before the season is called off, leaving us in the Liverpool situation of being the winners by default

Ehh that would actually be the best possible result.

Less games , means more on the line in each game, means more meaningful footy.
Anyone who watches NFL can attest to how every game feels like it matters, largely due to the 16 game season and small amount of playoff spots (sadly with the new CBA this is moving in the wrong direction).

Also means a less compromised draw given everyone plays each other once.

Not to mention the positive impact on players performance a shorter season would have.

Alas this is just a pipe dream, those money hungry chumps at AFL house would never reduce the season. Even if it means a much better product.

Alas this is just a pipe dream, those money hungry chumps at AFL house would never reduce the season. Even if it means a much better product.

1bfpq4.jpg

Call me overly optimistic, but I think they'll play....I hope they do anyway.

Everyone is becoming annoyingly depressed now. Unless you're old or unhealthy you shouldn't panic or be overwhelmed by fear.....Unless that's your nature anyway.

ep2018 thoughts?

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day West Coast vs Melbourne : Sunday, March 22 at 3.40pm : Status Pending ** WE’RE ON!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back