Official Team Thread West Coast Wonders Season 37 Team Thread - B&F Crowned 👑 dogs105

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm feeling extra jolly this evening and feel like extending an invitation to damicky and the icky family!

well, maybe not the family after recent events, but please feel free to join us damicky !

Am I finally getting the recognition I deserve for saving The Wonders from extinction?

It has been an emotional day for the entire icky family

I appreciate the opportunity to be surrounded by my Wonders friends

… & Grand Uncle Horace
mostly just thought you would enjoy the opportunity to watch me make a fool of myself trying to attempt to run this thing

mostly just thought you would enjoy the opportunity to watch me make a fool of myself trying to attempt to run this thing

That is definitely the icing on the cake

Best and Fairest
Wonders BnF (1).jpg

Welcome all to the West Coast Wonders Best and Fairest for season 37.

Thank you for joining us this evening where we have a range of awards on offer, including:

'Ballarat Bulldog' Best Clubman
Captains Award
Player Voted MVP
Rookie of the Season
Posting Award
'Croweater 41' Goal Kicking Award

...and of course the Wonders Best and Fairest, recognising the best player for the Wonders in season 37.

Marklar_33 SM AnUltimateRessie Rioli2Rioli SSwans2011 dogs105 BallaratBulldog NinjaSwan LukeParkerno1 ClarkeM jezzajay BigChippa52 HARPSichord Cubs2Lions Oisin_the_Goat Pamcake1 croweater 41 Soggy2112 Grand Uncle Horace dino_67 BFew JT_the_Man DenieD Rubber Arm Ressies SwampPig damicky Frothies Mcveigh Brenton Davy Cadsky haydo Sab22 Dingster

Season Summary
1719565575364.png

What an exciting, undefeated, unstoppable, sexy, and all the words season from the mighty Wonders.

We started by saying goodbye to former captain damicky and starting a new era of the Wonders under a new #DictatAUR.

We welcomed as massive FIVE rookies with BigChippa52, Pamcake1, BFew, dino_67, and Oisin_the_Goat signing contracts and what a season from the rookies it was!

A 9-7 home and away record had us finish the season in 5th place, qualifying for an elimination final which for some reason didn't end up happening
(we lost shutup)

BUT! It was award season that was a hoot with two top-20 beez finishers, two All-SFA selections, an elite voting tally in the EKA, 3rd in the FRED medal, a rising star win, and possibly more that I can't remember.

Season 37 definitely was an exciting one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Round 1,2,3
1719566216791.png

Sin City Swamprats (24.9 153) defeated West Coast Wonders (14.5 89)

A new era rose from the horizon as the Wonders travelled to Underground Stadium to face the Rats and say hello to our old friend damicky.
A slower start from the Wonders had them never be able to catch up as the cheese man got the first bragging rights and had the Sin City based side win by 64 points. dogs105 did his best in a new role in the ruck getting around the ground to collect 22 disposals and kick two goals while also feeding Grand Uncle Horace (24 disposals) and new captain AnUltimateRessie (20 disposals, 5 tackles) with excellent ruck work. DenieD started his quest for back to back FRED medals with two goals.
Pamcake1, BFew, BigChippa52, and Oisin_the_Goat all had excellent debut games but had to look to round two for their first win.

Wonders BnF (3).jpg

1719566557378.png

West Coast Wonders (26.12 168) defeated Roys FFC (10.10 70)

The old fellas from the Roys Retirement Village travelled down the road to face us at the Colosseum. After a lacklustre opening term from both sides we absolutely ripped the head off the game kicking a whopping 11 goals to 3 to put the game out of reach at the half. We went on with it in the second half, scoring 11 goals to 7 to really pound home a 98 point victory. Our courageous vice captain, HARPSichord, was our best player on the day gathering 26 disposals and kicking 5.2 from rover! DenieD chipped in with 5 of his own, while dogs105, AnUltimateRessie and Pamcake1 were all solid contributors.

Wonders BnF (4).jpg

1719566786827.png

West Coast Wonders (26.17 173) defeated Mt. Buller Demons (16.12 108)

A nice and cloudy day at the snow dome made it perfect conditions for a game of qooty. It was heritage round and we wanted to get one over on the Demons and that we did. Jumping out of the gates early, we put up a massive 11 goals to their 2 in the first quarter and pretty much sealed the game already. But we weren't done... Adding on another 7 goals in the second quarter and 5 goals in the third quarter. Then we coasted in the last to end on a whopping 26 goals.

Cubs2Lions was a tackling machine in the midfield with 11 big hugs, as well as sneaking into the forward line and snatching 5 goals in a superb performance. dino_67 had an astounding 15 marks and also added onto the scoreline with 3 goals. Pamcake1 started setting her sights on the rising star award with a brilliant display featuring 33 disposals, 5 marks and 3 goals. dogs105 cemented his spot as the current best ruck in the league with 21 hitouts, 31 disposals, 4 tackles and a goal. Grand Uncle Horace winded back the clock with 34 disposals and 5 marks. And DenieD scored 6 goals off 7 kicks in the high scoring affair.

Wonders BnF (5).jpg

Wow! What a start! How exciting! Now for a break from the count for our first award winner!

Me and DenieD are getting very pissed and full in here.
What with all the free grog and nuts apparently to ourselves so far.
My eyes were way bigger than my stomach. I can barely move.
Cat Sitting GIF

Captains Award
1719567059048.png

Our first award of the night is the very important, captains award!

This poster took the first couple of weeks to truly figure out what the Sweet F.A was about but quickly became a witty and much loved figure around the club! Getting involved in nearly every aspect of the club since.

Although this poster only won the award because HARPSichord told me I couldn't award myself. It's still very much deserved and we'll hopefully be seeing much much more from you in season 38 and beyond.

Congratulations BFew!

Wonders BnF (7).jpg

View attachment 2032909

Our first award of the night is the very important, captains award!

This poster took the first couple of weeks to truly figure out what the Sweet F.A was about but quickly became a witty and much loved figure around the club! Getting involved in nearly every aspect of the club since.

Although this poster only won the award because HARPSichord told me I couldn't award myself. It's still very much deserved and we'll hopefully be seeing much much more from you in season 38 and beyond.

Congratulations BFew!

View attachment 2032914
Woof No GIF by ARTEfr
Driving Dog Day GIF by Laff

Wonders BnF (8).jpg

Alright, lets take a look at the top 10 after the first three rounds and before we get back into the count...

dogs105 takes an early and demanding lead but just one vote separates the next three players with Pamcake1, Cubs2Lions, and HARPSichord battling for second place.

Rookie dino_67 sits seventh. Marklar_33, after playing just one of the three games, and the outgoing SM rounds out the last two spots of the top 10.

Round 4 or something up next.

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Team Thread West Coast Wonders Season 37 Team Thread - B&F Crowned 👑 dogs105

Remove this Banner Ad

Back