West Gippy Latrobe

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone think any u18's from WGLFL are a chance to be drafted this year?

Heyne, Ziebelle and Sidebottom are Gippslands best chances of top 10 picks, but theres always a chance that Michael Stockdale is a chance at being taken late for WGLFL. His been in the best in the majority of the games for Power this season. As long as recruiters don't overlook his height.

Anyone think any u18's from WGLFL are a chance to be drafted this year?

Heyne, Ziebelle and Sidebottom are Gippslands best chances of top 10 picks, but theres always a chance that Michael Stockdale is a chance at being taken late for WGLFL. His been in the best in the majority of the games for Power this season. As long as recruiters don't overlook his height.

umm i'll answer this as politely as possible...

1 - none of Heyne, Ziebell and Sidebottom play in the West Gippy Latrobe
2 - Ziebell and Sidebottom aren't even from Gippsland :p

I don't expect anybody from the WGLFL to get drafted this year.. however Butcher is a certainty next year and Heath and Dessent are very good chances

umm i'll answer this as politely as possible...

1 - none of Heyne, Ziebell and Sidebottom play in the West Gippy Latrobe
2 - Ziebell and Sidebottom aren't even from Gippsland :p

I don't expect anybody from the WGLFL to get drafted this year.. however Butcher is a certainty next year and Heath and Dessent are very good chances

I didn't mean Heyne, Ziebell and Sidebottom from WGLFL. I said and meant Heyne from Gippsland and meant Ziebell and Sidebottom from the Vic Country region. (Sorry should have expressed that more clearly.)

Butcher is a very, very good chance next year, can't give him a certainty yet as he may well get injured. Dean Woodhead is likely to be chosen in Gippsland Power again as an under 19 because of his knee, and is also a good chance to be drafted. Cal Shields, bottom age young bloke from Warragul u18's has been very, very good this season. Was very unlucky not to make power. Damaging in the ruck, but can also go up forward and kick goals. One of the best contested marks in the WGLFL. Improved out of sight, will do well in Power next year as top age. Mannon Johnstone and Michael Ross (Ellenbank disctrict league and Ben Ross younger brother) may well be prospects as well.

I didn't mean Heyne, Ziebell and Sidebottom from WGLFL. I said and meant Heyne from Gippsland and meant Ziebell and Sidebottom from the Vic Country region. (Sorry should have expressed that more clearly.)

Butcher is a very, very good chance next year, can't give him a certainty yet as he may well get injured. Dean Woodhead is likely to be chosen in Gippsland Power again as an under 19 because of his knee, and is also a good chance to be drafted. Cal Shields, bottom age young bloke from Warragul u18's has been very, very good this season. Was very unlucky not to make power. Damaging in the ruck, but can also go up forward and kick goals. One of the best contested marks in the WGLFL. Improved out of sight, will do well in Power next year as top age. Mannon Johnstone and Michael Ross (Ellenbank disctrict league and Ben Ross younger brother) may well be prospects as well.

If Cal Sheilds was to get drafted he would need to hand ball, and use his team mates instead of playing for a best & fairest. Plus most AFL prospects would play seniors at his age i would think? Very unlikely he gets drafted, and almost humorous reading that mate.. and besides Butcher, Heath, Ross and heyne,all the others you have named would be great players in the MGFL

warragul must of been very poor to get beaten easily by a maffra team without the burgiel brothers.

As I said we didn't Matt Gray and Ryan Davey. One of the best rover and ruckman in Victoria. Hayden Burgiel does nothing anyway and B.J Sheehan would just annihilate Adrian like any other team anyhow.

If Cal Sheilds was to get drafted he would need to hand ball, and use his team mates instead of playing for a best & fairest. Plus most AFL prospects would play seniors at his age i would think? Very unlikely he gets drafted, and almost humorous reading that mate.. and besides Butcher, Heath, Ross and heyne,all the others you have named would be great players in the MGFL

Who are you? Cal is ordered to play that style of game. If he can take people on, and get around them, why not? He'll go close to winning our leagues b&f and his probably given my half my goals this season as well.

Heyne will be in this years draft and the other 3 look almost certainty's. But in recent years, Power have had many people drafted, so they would perhaps look at more than just 3 players? Just my opinion.

He dominates.

russsssssssss lehman????

He didn't make this years Power did he? Maybe I'm thinking of someone else?

probably because ya mate from moe was 16!!!!

russ lehman is in the right age bracket next year..

so who are you AFLOnline?

1. HOGAN, Jake Warragul 36
2. SHIELS, Calum Warragul 22
3. KIMM, Brent Warragul 18
4. KEEBLE, James Warragul 11
5. WEEDING, JACK Warragul 11
6. FERGUSON, Jamie Warragul 10
7. HIBBS, Jason Warragul 8
8. MILNER, Joshua Warragul 8
9. ROWE, Andrew Warragul 7
10. RUNNALLS, Matt Warragul 7

probably because ya mate from moe was 16!!!!

russ lehman is in the right age bracket next year..

so who are you AFLOnline?

1. HOGAN, Jake Warragul 36
2. SHIELS, Calum Warragul 22
3. KIMM, Brent Warragul 18
4. KEEBLE, James Warragul 11
5. WEEDING, JACK Warragul 11
6. FERGUSON, Jamie Warragul 10
7. HIBBS, Jason Warragul 8
8. MILNER, Joshua Warragul 8
9. ROWE, Andrew Warragul 7
10. RUNNALLS, Matt Warragul 7

Brent Kimm. Kicked 6 though in the last 2 weeks though, so that is obviously wrong. Plus they said 4 of my goals were to J. Kimm who is my cousin in the Gazette. I'm on 24 in other words.

warragul thirds 2004>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> warragul thirds 2008

(Log in to remove this ad.)

warragul thirds 2004>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> warragul thirds 2008

LOL, okay Goodie. Just because we don't have some massive leading goal kicker full forward? :)

aka Goodie.

no, because we won the flag. and we only lost one game for the year. by one point. in round one. Gippsland Power onball line up.

Bernie Jones
Zac Vansittart
Ben Jostlear
Joel Morgan

changin with:

Kael Bergles
Tim McGibney
Brendan Noy

plus Me & Bryce Monahan up front. indominatable side really.

no, because we won the flag. and we only lost one game for the year. by one point. in round one. Gippsland Power onball line up.

Bernie Jones
Zac Vansittart
Ben Jostlear
Joel Morgan

changin with:

Kael Bergles
Tim McGibney
Brendan Noy

plus Me & Bryce Monahan up front. indominatable side really.

Don't forget Luke Stapnell? He was Power back in the day, right?

Yeah it's a very good side for back in the day, but the only person really to take the next step is Morgs who is playing good senior footy. All the rest have kind of dropped off except for Zac and Kael who are in completely different leagues. Zac playing for some metro team now. Noys just to much into drugs to even care for footy anymore.

We have a good team to, plenty of Power players.

Previous Power players:
Clinton Rowe
James Keeble
Josh Milner
Josh Helliwell
Jake Hogan
Scott Carey (Hasn't played 3rds this year though)
Calum Shields
Josh Kimm
Joe Black

As well as,
Ryan Matthews
Jamie Ferguson
Brett Davis (Hasn't played 3rds this year though)

Who were all unlucky and just missed out.

Plus me, the small forward goal kicking machine.... hahahaha.

Bergs has been awesome for us.

also whats your opinion on Josh Helliwell this year? dominated EDFL last year not going so good this i've heard?

also whats your opinion on Josh Helliwell this year? dominated EDFL last year not going so good this i've heard?

Haha, Josh is like my best mate. His good, obviously not as good as last year as the EDFL isn't quite the standard of WGLFL (Don't hurt me :() But yeah, sometimes he tries to take a few to many speccies when he could just punch, tries to take that extra bounce or tries to kick on his left when he could straighten onto his right.

Kind of hard to believe his only been playing footy for 2-3 years since coming to Australia. And his already captained Interleague and made u16's Power. (Even though he was never invited to tryout haha)

oh we all know WGLFL is better.

has he been better in the 2nd half? adapted to the pace?? hes a gun just keen to see how hes travelling

I think he started off better at the start, but has been quiet the last few weeks. Did OK against Maffra, nothing special though.

Won himself a Interleague invite when selectors were watching him vs Garfield I think it was. He played well. I kicked 5 that day and went unoticed lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back