Western Australian State Cricket Team: Treble Winners. Again

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m just stoked for Hilton and Bancroft, Banners misses the Scorchers win, deserves success, good runs. And Hilton, what more can you say, just the nicest, most decent guy. What a great win.

AJ Tye, Dorf and Kelly partnership, Hilton’s catch, Jyhe runs and economical bowling. Sensational.

Will all 3 and its an incredible year. 1 to go

I’m just stoked for Hilton and Bancroft, Banners misses the Scorchers win, deserves success, good runs. And Hilton, what more can you say, just the nicest, most decent guy. What a great win.

AJ Tye, Dorf and Kelly partnership, Hilton’s catch, Jyhe runs and economical bowling. Sensational.

Will all 3 and its an incredible year. 1 to go
Bit hard not to include Aaron Hardie in all that, just missed out on the BBL Final and then scores 27 and takes 3/41 in this final.

P.S Amazing catch by Cartwright

Some sad news for WA cricket fans, Colin "Minno" Minson who founded Sport FM (91.3) passed away on Monday night after an eight month battle with leukemia. Minson was 75 years of age.

Along with being a veteran football and cricket broadcaster, Minson was also a successful player agent and helped Gary Buckenara secure a $100k contract with Hawthorn and was instrumental in Brian Peake signing with Geelong in 1981.

Sport FM have covered WA cricket (Sheffield Shield and premier cricket) for years and is a big loss for the cricketing community.

Last edited:
Time to turn the heat on some of these bozos.

Nathan Coulter-Nile - Can't keep fit. Waste of a career.
Mitchell Marsh - FC batting average of 30. Not good enough.
Shaun Marsh - Should have been a 100 Test player. Can't keep fit.
Ashton Agar - Has to start producing. Rarely does. Overhyped.
Cameron Bancroft - Needs to improve his average into mid-40s.
Will Bosisto - Should be a well-entrenched member of the side by now. Still a fringe player.
Ryan Duffield - Rewarded with a new contract, produces one of the worst days of bowling you'll see from a state rep.
David Moody - Wouldn't be given the chances he gets without his name. Marsh-like. Has potential but bowls so many pies.
Joel Paris - Can't stay fit. No use to us playing half a season every year.
Jhye Richardson - Just a complete fool - runs in the family.
Ashton Turner - Lack of oppurtunity or lack of actual talent? Won't make it by the looks.
Jonathan Wells - Dominates the lower levels, will never make it as a state player. Why bother?
Sam Whiteman - Should have made a lot more runs than he has. Errors creeping into his keeping too. Bought his own hype too early.

/rant

Dismal effort today. Months and months to prepare and get hyped for the Shield season and they produce the same old shit.

A lot has changed in 5 years but good to see players like Whiteman, Paris & Bancroft stepping up!

felt good to change the thread title, what a season in all formats despite barely playing here. ending the drought in glorious fashion

Still soaking it in. Just such a phenomenal effort by all concerned given the situation (and pretty average treatment from CA) we've copped this summer.

Paris 24 wickets @ 20
Morris 20 wickets @ 27
Hardie 10 wickets @ 14

For a bowling attack that was looking dangerously Jhye-centric before Christmas, that's a pretty tidy finish to the season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where Hardie winds up in the order is going to be really interesting to watch - depending what happens with Green, Mitch and Stoinis and their availability he may have more value as a Kapil Dev-type allrounder at 7. But could just as easily move up as well.

ATM I feel he is battling with Darcy Short for that allrounder position and after this years performances its his.

I feel like the best thing Darcy Short can do is leave WA for Tasmania. He's had plenty of chances but hasn't taken them. Don't rate him.

Stoinis is another one who I really don't rate who I wouldn't be annoyed if he left. Id rather pump games into Hardie, Cooper Connelly or any other youngest with potential.

A pretty good season I must say. #westisbest

FPekFWFVsAATSp9

e2fd485452e986fbf1b36e54dc826a4d

l46720220128193420.jpeg

Perth-Scorchers-the-champions-of-WBBL-2021-1024x478.jpg

Some great talent coming through for WA....Wyllie, Goodwin, Connolly, Hardie, Phillipe, Morris, Rocco etc....would like to think the likes of Stonis, Agar and Short are no longer walk up starts for WA in the red ball format. M Marsh obviously will be, not sure Green will play too many Shield games for WA due to his Aust commitments..... Richardson and Behrendorf only add to WA fast bowling stocks when available.

A
Some great talent coming through for WA....Wyllie, Goodwin, Connolly, Hardie, Phillipe, Morris, Rocco etc....would like to think the likes of Stonis, Agar and Short are no longer walk up starts for WA in the red ball format. M Marsh obviously will be, not sure Green will play too many Shield games for WA due to his Aust commitments..... Richardson and Behrendorf only add to WA fast bowling stocks when available.
Know anything about Sam Fanning? Stats look good for grade cricket & he’s been in the extended squad for the last 2 shield games.

A

Know anything about Sam Fanning? Stats look good for grade cricket & he’s been in the extended squad for the last 2 shield games.

1st game next season for WA in the shield and every one available.How about some of you WA fans select your side,I reckon a few good players might miss out.

Would be surprised if Agar wasn't playing Shield when available given he's currently the third choice spinner for Australia

1st game next season for WA in the shield and every one available.How about some of you WA fans select your side,I reckon a few good players might miss out.
If everyones available I’d go

Whiteman
Bancroft
Green
MMarsh
Stoinis
Philippe
Inglis
Hardie
Agar
Richardson
Paris

Reserves
SMarsh
Turner
Cartright
Short
Wyllie
Morris
Kelly
Rocchiccioli

If everyones available I’d go

Whiteman
Bancroft
Green
MMarsh
Stoinis
Philippe
Inglis
Hardie
Agar
Richardson
Paris

Reserves
SMarsh
Turner
Cartright
Short
Wyllie
Morris
Kelly
Rocchiccioli
I'd probably go without Stoin and have Cartwright, who had a fantastic season. If not him then Rocc

I'd probably go without Stoin and have Cartwright, who had a fantastic season. If not him then Rocc
There’d definitely be a couple of 50/50 calls if we had a full compliment to pick from. The commentators seemed to think Phillipe might head to nsw now Neville has retired, I hope not.

Remove this Banner Ad

Western Australian State Cricket Team: Treble Winners. Again

Remove this Banner Ad

Back