Western Border Football League - 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Well this might throw your theory out of balance. The most successful club in the KNTFL is also one of the smallest towns - that being mundulla with a population of about 200. Sure the league is not as competeive but is still a strong league and they won 8 flags in a row all with local players and no-one got paid. The biggest town in the league has about 6000 people.

Big $$$$ in the Kntfl alot of Sanfl and ex Afl players in the league.

sorry guys but im gunna throw my thoughts in and just remember its just my opinion so please no personal attacks,,, i totally dis agree that populaion equalus success... in kntfl the two top teams lucindale and mundulla are the most successful...... both tiny towns... i think some small towns,,eg millicent, casterton and heywood think they dont have the talent there and get excited by the money they have and go and buy players.... casterton every year have 5 or so recruits that dont stick around..... spend 3 to 5 years paying locals to play and keep them around..... ALSO i have watched both leagues and i think KNTFL is better than WBFL..jusy my opinion guys.....

sorry guys but im gunna throw my thoughts in and just remember its just my opinion so please no personal attacks,,, i totally dis agree that populaion equalus success... in kntfl the two top teams lucindale and mundulla are the most successful...... both tiny towns... i think some small towns,,eg millicent, casterton and heywood think they dont have the talent there and get excited by the money they have and go and buy players.... casterton every year have 5 or so recruits that dont stick around..... spend 3 to 5 years paying locals to play and keep them around..... ALSO i have watched both leagues and i think KNTFL is better than WBFL..jusy my opinion guys.....
Most of the people on here would be Blokes i reckon not guys which is a city homo word. No attack just my opinion
In my opinion, I think small towns dont get excited by the money they have because they have bugger all! They have to look elsewhere as the numbers dont get bigger they get smaller because of zero employment which is going to get worse
Casterton have to spend on recruits simply because they dont have the players in town.
What would you have them do, sit on their hands and dwindle away to nothing

I do agree with you a certain degree bb....but i also swing w ackers a bit in that casterton have too do it (spend a little green on recruitment) and do it a lot better then what heywood have over the journey.
Millicent don't do it as much as you would think, and when they do do it it's not in the same ball park figure of what the cats or lions do so.

I do agree with you a certain degree bb....but i also swing w ackers a bit in that casterton have too do it (spend a little green on recruitment) and do it a lot better then what heywood have over the journey.
Millicent don't do it as much as you would think, and when they do do it it's not in the same ball park figure of what the cats or lions do so.

Millicent dont spend money on players?? Why not
well South are in good form - just had a big win!!!

i totally agree with u here mate. its no wonder heywood casterton and millicent cant compete with towns the size of theirs up against city clubs. heywoods never won one, millicent and the cats have won very little. population = success

Hampden FL - Koroit 1500 people, camperdown 3000 vs. warrnambool 30000 people. Both clubs have had a reasonably amount of success I believe

Hampden FL - Koroit 1500 people, camperdown 3000 vs. warrnambool 30000 people. Both clubs have had a reasonably amount of success I believe

yeh theres obviously going to be exceptions due to circumstances (cash being the main thing)

im talking long term. millicent had a good year last year but theyve only played in 3 finals series in the last 15 years. heywood maybe 1 at best and casterton maybe 3 or 4.

things not looking good for local employment in the area with the sale of the forests. worrying times for all footy leagues and towns

also think that mundulla is a unique situation. they are 90% reliant on farming so they arent going to lose their players for employment. theyve obviously had a good batch of farmers all play together for the last 10 years. gotta hand it to them though, theyve obviously been very loyal

stop worrying about it all, what happens, happens.

lets talk about this round

north to old and slow in their lost to west
south still have enough talent to cause head aches
heywood struggling
millicent finally cracked a win
hamilton money starting to pay dividends?

No offence but I don't think Koroit is a valid comparison, it's ten minutes from Warrnambool and probably 50% of their players live in Warrnambool and the % that work there would be higher. Camperdown is much more valid but being on the Eastern end of the comp they have been able to get guys from the Geelong and more recently Colac area as well as having a few feeder teams to their North and South.

stop worrying about it all, what happens, happens.

lets talk about this round

north to old and slow in their lost to west
south still have enough talent to cause head aches
heywood struggling
millicent finally cracked a win
hamilton money starting to pay dividends?

If North were going to win it it had to be this year. It will not happen. Retirements at the end of the year will make sure its another 20 years before the yellow bellies win a flag.

South look like a better outfit than last season. The ones that wanted to play for the jumper have stuck around and are bonding into a slick unit. Quality mix of youth and experience.

Heywood, have to feel sorry for them. Tried something new last year and it didn't work. They had to do something.

Millicent, who cares.

Hamilton, haven't beaten any quality opposition yet, lets wait and see.

Went to watch the night game between south and east south looked very good did not give east a sniff all night. South should figure strongly again this year. East just dont have it it will be a long time before they will do any damage in the finals race there is something about east that is just too mediocre whether it is the players or the coaches or both it is hard to tell but nowhere near it at the moment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds like you's have all missed me, I can't go on a holiday without you's asking of my whereabouts.. Now to footy

Sounds like South are gelling well togther with there kids and mix of experience. Will be interesting how they shape up againts Portland and West, sounds like they deserved to beat north and played better footy.

Think the 5 is shaping up the way most predicted, with South maybe surprising a few and not dropping as much as most expected, but it is still early in the year, and you cant really judge too much till everyone has meet each other once.

Sounds like you's have all missed me, I can't go on a holiday without you's asking of my whereabouts.. Now to footy

Sounds like South are gelling well togther with there kids and mix of experience. Will be interesting how they shape up againts Portland and West, sounds like they deserved to beat north and played better footy.

Think the 5 is shaping up the way most predicted, with South maybe surprising a few and not dropping as much as most expected, but it is still early in the year, and you cant really judge too much till everyone has meet each other once.

Thought you were dead Rig, you probably were, but with Osama kindly moving on God couldn't handle 2 idiots knocking on his door in one week!
Correct me if im wrong but didn't you have South finishing 2nd last this season?

Personally cannot see South dropping that far down, def around 5th or 6th spot.

Top 5 West, North, Portland, Hamilton, Millicent, South, Imps, East, Casterton, Heywood
League Medalist. Brad Wilson
Leading Goal Kicker. Shane Hanson

I think your wrong buddy!! Wrong like usual. Your the kind of bloke that thinks your always right, and everyone else's opinion is always wrong. And all you say is that we are all low life people who have never played footy before, if so couple b grade games if we are lucky, and we are always drinking our soup and go home to our mrs and thats it. Sounds like your life not everyone else's..

The rig i am no oxford scholar but didnt the freak just state he played for east gambier last year in the reserves.What is all the piffle about been a hamilton waterboy.Stupid statements like this all those fumes from the local factory up the road from malssed park must be playing on that small brain of yours.I am positive i know who you are.Your that bloke that hangs around the roos each week and no one talks to you.You eat a cup of soup each sat from the canteen as you cant handle your beer and you know if you have one the missus will smell it on your breath when you get home and give you a flogging.you hang around until the boys walk off the ground and dish out a few bum slaps on there way off. you then jump into your rig and venture off home via mcdonalds for a feed.you then get home and read through the old budgets that have your name in them, and count your reserves games on 1 hand.you then retire burnt out to the fart sack at 7pm.shame on you mate.

As I said Rig correct me if I am wrong, but you also need to do your homework. I was not the one with the soup comments, that was Snitzel man. Now go finish your chicken soup, its getting cold!!!

As I said Rig correct me if I am wrong, but you also need to do your homework. I was not the one with the soup comments, that was Snitzel man. Now go finish your chicken soup, its getting cold!!!

Between Rig, Snitz man and Freak, all you do is bitch bout each other like you know who they are. Couple interesting games this week which could sort the ladder part out and we will get a better indication to the top 5. South and Hamilton, after Souths big win over east, think south will do this comfortably espescially at BLSP. North and East the other game, North wouldnt wanna drop it, but wouldnt surprise me if east come out hard and running after a dissapointing loss to the demons.

England - Portland
McConnell - North
Fiora - Hamilton
Vassal - Casterton
Hales - Millicent
Top 5 most played players in league from the snitzel man.
1.Mconnel(north) lots of coin for a bloke gracing the wide wings.
2.Fiora(hamilton) have not seen his name in the best yet.
3.Vassal(cats) good operator would be worth what he is getting
4.England(tigers) best player in the league by a mile.
5.The rig(west) gets paid in soup and canteen items.Which would tally a fair bit by the years end.A know it all operator that only west would have on board.

Remove this Banner Ad

Western Border Football League - 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Back