Western Border Football League - 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Was one a young tall streak of duck shit that had absolutely no idea and strutted around like he was Hitler? If it was he must have photo's of the Umpire director with Peter Slipper as this is the only way he would be getting a gig!
Totally agree with your comments but it is not the photo`s he is the pet project of TW and he (TW) won`t admit when he is wrong and never will. Even if it is to the detriment Umpiring and football he will still say that this bloke will umpire seniors at all cost that is how it is with him arrogant and pighead.

Probably just making the point that if you dont wont to wear a mouth guard .. dont whinge if you you get your teeth knocked out.

Yeah because every player out on the field should expect to get a hit like that. Spoken like you didn't see it. Clueless!
I am really glad an intelligent species like yourself doesn't hold a high position in administration otherwise out great game could be in trouble. :)

As for Ryan getting a broken jaw, well you never want to see injuries or anything, but like some have said, karma.

Ok then don't wear a mouth guard. But I would. Especially if I'm going out to unsettle a gun player. With in the rules of course. Not that Portland would ever go out and give a player any special treatment.
How many times did Timmy and the boys belt Grumpy in that grand final? Over 60 wasn't it.

Always wore a mouth guard after seeing my older cousin get 6 of his teeth knocked out years ago at Millicent, can never be too careful in my mind.

Ok then don't wear a mouth guard. But I would. Especially if I'm going out to unsettle a gun player. With in the rules of course. Not that Portland would ever go out and give a player any special treatment.
How many times did Timmy and the boys belt Grumpy in that grand final? Over 60 wasn't it.

Was Grumpy the full forward?

How has West gone from a superb team to a team getting beaten continually by 10 goals....even Casterton beat them by around 4 goals. Cant just be personnel on the park. Any opinions?

Saw them against North. Thier best is still better than Norths best. Just no fitness what so ever. Round 2 they will be causing headaches for everyone.

Saw them against North. Thier best is still better than Norths best. Just no fitness what so ever. Round 2 they will be causing headaches for everyone.
Sorry have to disagree with you there I also saw the North V West game (only game in the Mount) and I thought North should have won by over 15 goals if they had kicked straight. West have a reasonable mid field still but a very poor defence they have a couple of good forwards then really struggle up there. North were very lazy at times and did not won`t to be accountable which let West get a run on, I think with a couple of decent umpires if you can find them a couple of West players might be in a bit of trouble if they keep playing the way they do. North are still to McConnell focused for my liking they go to him even with a number of players on him and don`t use the loose player. Think West might be in for long season and I hope Hooker keeps his sense of humor. (no I am not a North supporter far from it)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How has West gone from a superb team to a team getting beaten continually by 10 goals....even Casterton beat them by around 4 goals. Cant just be personnel on the park. Any opinions?

Well for a start they've lost the majority of their midfield....probably one of the best we've seen in a long time. Plus they've lost a number of other key position players through transfers and injury.
Where are their new recruits?

How many of Grumpy's team mates came to help him out, ZERO. They all wet their pants and ran away

Sorry have to disagree with you there I also saw the North V West game (only game in the Mount) and I thought North should have won by over 15 goals if they had kicked straight. West have a reasonable mid field still but a very poor defence they have a couple of good forwards then really struggle up there. North were very lazy at times and did not won`t to be accountable which let West get a run on, I think with a couple of decent umpires if you can find them a couple of West players might be in a bit of trouble if they keep playing the way they do. North are still to McConnell focused for my liking they go to him even with a number of players on him and don`t use the loose player. Think West might be in for long season and I hope Hooker keeps his sense of humor. (no I am not a North supporter far from it)

Agree with most of this. North always going to McConnell is my point about Noth's best is just get it to McConnell. While West best is J Ransom or Carter linking up,blah blah.
As a football team ready to win a game North are streaks ahead.
Not sure what you mean by players being in trouble. Did you see a bit of sniping or just illegal holding tactics etc.
When all the players come back from their holidays and all those recruits finally find the place...West wait for it.. will shape the five.

Agree with most of this. North always going to McConnell is my point about Noth's best is just get it to McConnell. While West best is J Ransom or Carter linking up,blah blah.
As a football team ready to win a game North are streaks ahead.
Not sure what you mean by players being in trouble. Did you see a bit of sniping or just illegal holding tactics etc.
When all the players come back from their holidays and all those recruits finally find the place...West wait for it.. will shape the five.

You need to win a game first Jacka to shape the top 5. Who's still to come back

You need to win a game first Jacka to shape the top 5. Who's still to come back

The great man said there was 3 to come back in but i only know 2. Foxy and Mclroy. By round 2 the phoenix will have risen from the the ashes and we will ......shape the 5.

Wanna clear this up for those who have no idea ???

91 Grandfinal between Portland and Casterton.
Got a bit out of hand.
Before the red and yellow card.
Grumpy Smith... if you ask people.. hardest toughest meanest that ever played etc.
story is someone from portland video taped the game and counted how many times he was puched by ( 3 very tough guys in their own right).
i heard it was over 60 but my memory on this is gone so im only guessing.
Did they all connect? But i know a hell of alot were thrown.
Probably water off a ducks back to Grumpy.
Not sure when the card system was intoduced but great for stopping this stuff in finals.
The details of this story is all second hand so could be wrong. Was at the Grandfinal but pissed.

unfortunately for west they are now paying a hefty price for having perhaps the youngest side in WBFL history to win back to back premierships . having lost 4 to SANFL, 1 to AFL QLD, 3 to uni & another 3-4 offered big money to go to lower leagues , i guess there young talent was exposed to all in those 2 years & now the majority of them have moved on to try & better themselfs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Western Border Football League - 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Back