Western Border Football League - 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Think east have left there run to late bringing in 2 league players from the SANFL. Rumour is will set them back $12k for the rest of the year. Casterton coach once again yellow carded and come off bit worse for wear.. He should just worry about playing footy instead of running around like a clown... Injury problems for south?? Also few matters within the camp?

Have the recruits played yet?

I heard Casterton have re-signed the coach. I don't rekon the league will give them too many favors next year if they keep carrying on like they are.
They are a joke.
What girl friend trouble again at South?

Have the recruits played yet?

I heard Casterton have re-signed the coach. I don't rekon the league will give them too many favors next year if they keep carrying on like they are.
They are a joke.
What girl friend trouble again at South?
Yes Casterton have resigned him for next year. Pretty sure the umpires will have a close eye on him from now on. East recruits played on the weekend against a depleted south team. They got 1st and 3rd best. One is a very handy midfielder.

The Hamilton Kangaroos are getting flogged week in and week out in the HFNL. What does this say about the merger after nearly a full season and a completely ruined WBFL? Stiff sh!t I say and keep the floggings rolling on!!!

His girlfriend is living in Sydney so you'd think he's a sure bet to move on. RIchard Ogrady would have to be a favourite for the job.
Heard wbfl have gone after penola pretty hard....have they got them over the line? It is so quiet on this subject.
Hopefully there's some changes made next year to the wbfl ( or whatever they decide to call it ) to get it back to the standard it was.

Millicent also looking to get out of the WBFL and join the MSE league! Amazing there's nothing left but bones!

Millicent are being sooks. The complaint being they didn't host finals this year even though the wbfl gave them extra home games. I didn't hear any complaints from the mount clubs over the draw?
From what I'm hearing none of the mid se clubs want them in fact a couple loathe the idea.
Why would you apply to leave a league when the leagues are still under review.
They last hosted a final last year, do they think they will get any more in the mid se.
None of the mid se clubs want them, wbfl won't let them go anyway and the sacfl don't want them in the mid se so what's the point of all this.

The mid se don't want them. It's a feud between millicent and the wbfl over hosting finals, the mid se doesn't want to get involved.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The mid se would not just be considering millicent but instead they will have to consider taking on all wbfl clubs as the sacfl will not allow a 5 team comp to run.
If it came to this the mid se would have no choice but to take them all on as the sacfl can enforce it. Unless they decided to join the kntfl.

Tant, Hatherleigh and Mt Burr all recruit from millicent so assumably if millicent joined these clubs would lose the ability to recruit. Like a lot of other small towns there are probably too many clubs and not enough players.

Tant, Hatherleigh and Mt Burr all recruit from millicent so assumably if millicent joined these clubs would lose the ability to recruit. Like a lot of other small towns there are probably too many clubs and not enough players.
millicent had the chance to tend for the medal count, also had last years final plus elotplast cup in the same year. mdse dont want them as thay are happy with the bye and the 3 clubs around them dont want them in

Perhaps the other 5 wbfl clubs should join the kntfl. Put in place a tier comp that reduces travel time.
From what I've heard not everyone in millicent is happy with the way the club has gone about it.
With a review pending why would you even consider it.

Would have to offer some insentives to come over - such as hosting finals, extra games in the home away season? I'd say the situation with millicent complicates things.

The sacfl need to get a move on and give an indication of where they want footy to head in this region. 2 years into the review and still no answers. I dont think anyone wants to see this drag out into a 3rd year.

From what I've heard the review is complete and the sacfl have it. Reports are certain individuals want to wait until after the sanfl grand final before they take a look at it. They're clearly worried about it eating into their drinking time.

Millicent are being sooks. The complaint being they didn't host finals this year even though the wbfl gave them extra home games. I didn't hear any complaints from the mount clubs over the draw?
From what I'm hearing none of the mid se clubs want them in fact a couple loathe the idea.
Why would you apply to leave a league when the leagues are still under review.
They last hosted a final last year, do they think they will get any more in the mid se.
None of the mid se clubs want them, wbfl won't let them go anyway and the sacfl don't want them in the mid se so what's the point of all this.

Millicent have apparently only hosted 9 finals in their entire time in the WBFL

millicent had the chance to tend for the medal count, also had last years final plus elotplast cup in the same year. mdse dont want them as thay are happy with the bye and the 3 clubs around them dont want them in

Not sure about lead up finals, but MacDonald Park (East Gambier) hosted last years Grand Final.

Remove this Banner Ad

Western Border Football League - 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Back