Western Border Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
looks like west gambier has hit sum BIG NAME recruits for next season i here from several good rumours
Care to elaborate.....former players returning !? (would'nt call them 'big name')
I also heard that they were having a crack at it next season !? Millicent or Heywood would'nt want to rest on laurel's !!

Millicent can be a bit awkward, be dangerous when they learn how to win games as opposed to just being competitive. East and North's gonna be a ripper this week too.

Care to elaborate.....former players returning !? (would'nt call them 'big name')
I also heard that they were having a crack at it next season !? Millicent or Heywood would'nt want to rest on laurel's !!

LOL the only thing Millicent and Heywood are resting on is West. Seriously heard West had some cash so good luck to them

Millicent can be a bit awkward, be dangerous when they learn how to win games as opposed to just being competitive. East and North's gonna be a ripper this week too.

That's true, on there day they can push sides to the limit and be dangerous.You only have to look at their season they had under Brown two yrs ago, allbeit with the edition of the tassie group they were a big danger if it was'nt for injury's (thats just part of footy).
There core group of good senior players, while handy need to play well for the saints to be ulta competitive in doing so show leadership,passion and a higher standard of commitment then what they've shown over past three seasons.If they can get some stability with there recruiting and coaching then what they have had...i'm sure things will turn, but it really comes down to the players pulling there weight.
East & North should be a beauty, can positions change between 1-5 (south are more or less gone for the season).
Just on a thread previously, i think the wb should look at a bye (a second one) over the june long weekend.That would shut all this bickering within the league from clubs about player availability for the sa country championships and same should be done by the mid s/e & kntfl....have it the same weekend as the netballers have their country carnival w/e.In doing that i'm sure you'll get a greater compliment of players from the four mount sides, millicent & possibly casterton.

BIG name players in ex afl and sanfl. wouldnt call the last adl players big name compared to these. I think brown/slatter have a lot of contacts around the country.

BIG name players in ex afl and sanfl. wouldnt call the last adl players big name compared to these. I think brown/slatter have a lot of contacts around the country.

I believe things have turned for the better financially for West. But have they got any names on paper from these Big Names.

That's true, on there day they can push sides to the limit and be dangerous.You only have to look at their season they had under Brown two yrs ago, allbeit with the edition of the tassie group they were a big danger if it was'nt for injury's (thats just part of footy).
There core group of good senior players, while handy need to play well for the saints to be ulta competitive in doing so show leadership,passion and a higher standard of commitment then what they've shown over past three seasons.If they can get some stability with there recruiting and coaching then what they have had...i'm sure things will turn, but it really comes down to the players pulling there weight.
East & North should be a beauty, can positions change between 1-5 (south are more or less gone for the season).
Just on a thread previously, i think the wb should look at a bye (a second one) over the june long weekend.That would shut all this bickering within the league from clubs about player availability for the sa country championships and same should be done by the mid s/e & kntfl....have it the same weekend as the netballers have their country carnival w/e.In doing that i'm sure you'll get a greater compliment of players from the four mount sides, millicent & possibly casterton.
good point bigant.another bye

They have...don't you worry about that !! it's just a matter if any tassie connection will want to play at West...thats all slatter has got, i think brown's lil black book will be ticking over then slatters, browns got alot of connection throughout.
On good authority...Woodcock will be back in the wbfl next season @ west.
What will happen to their development program if there going to have a crack....
As they might have a little more in the coiffers then Millicent and Heywood but they'll need just as many players then the other two clubs.

They have...don't you worry about that !! it's just a matter if any tassie connection will want to play at West...thats all slatter has got, i think brown's lil black book will be ticking over then slatters, browns got alot of connection throughout.
On good authority...Woodcock will be back in the wbfl next season @ west.
What will happen to their development program if there going to have a crack....
As they might have a little more in the coiffers then Millicent and Heywood but they'll need just as many players then the other two clubs.
Havnt herd of the woodcock one yet but browns record of getting the young ones fast tracking so good this year can only help for next season. and with slatter being out with kntfl last season. has plenty of contacts there to. all looks rosy at west.

Havnt herd of the woodcock one yet but browns record of getting the young ones fast tracking so good this year can only help for next season. and with slatter being out with kntfl last season. has plenty of contacts there to. all looks rosy at west.

I hope west are big improvers next year for the sake of the comp. By the flogings they have been getting this year they are going to need more than a couple of handy players. Is there really many top players in the kntfl? Its a minor league isnt it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope west are big improvers next year for the sake of the comp. By the flogings they have been getting this year they are going to need more than a couple of handy players. Is there really many top players in the kntfl? Its a minor league isnt it?
What im told is the top 5 or 6 teams, there top 5 players in the KNTFL would be better or equal with any wbfl players.

A timely inclusion i see into the victorian tiger machine over the weekend, one Damian Squire !! Finals are a different kettle of fish but of the four sides below them who's going to turn around their fortunes to beat them.
A month ago i was saying the cats too be the danger, now i think east look like being the team to give them a challenge.
As much as next rounds game vs the saints at Millicent will be a danger one for them, i still think that East should get the points easily in a dour encounter.
What was the go with Hamilton !?.....maybe they should be tested for EPO' how can you lose to a side below them easily the round before yet beat a premiership contender a week later !?
What of the other games west vs mill - hey vs east - cast vs port any news from those games !?
Any coaching news....

A timely inclusion i see into the victorian tiger machine over the weekend, one Damian Squire !! Finals are a different kettle of fish but of the four sides below them who's going to turn around their fortunes to beat them.
A month ago i was saying the cats too be the danger, now i think east look like being the team to give them a challenge.
As much as next rounds game vs the saints at Millicent will be a danger one for them, i still think that East should get the points easily in a dour encounter.
What was the go with Hamilton !?.....maybe they should be tested for EPO' how can you lose to a side below them easily the round before yet beat a premiership contender a week later !?
What of the other games west vs mill - hey vs east - cast vs port any news from those games !?
Any coaching news....
Portland to win flag in a canter???????????

It was Portland v Kent in that game, and as good as Kent was, he was never going to beat that team on his own, and I reckon it will be the same in finals.
East look the goods, they are resting a couple of big names at the moment in Cook, Dunn and Clark, so if anyone is going to roll Portland it will be them if these guys are up at full speed.
I still reckon Portland are the clear favourites though.
Squire CAN play, and I can't see who will stop him in the finals. Oppositions may be forced to concentrate so much on stopping him it lets guys like Imbi, Imbi and England run loose...
Glad I'm not the coach working out how to beat that midfield.

It was Portland v Kent in that game, and as good as Kent was, he was never going to beat that team on his own, and I reckon it will be the same in finals.
East look the goods, they are resting a couple of big names at the moment in Cook, Dunn and Clark, so if anyone is going to roll Portland it will be them if these guys are up at full speed.
I still reckon Portland are the clear favourites though.
Squire CAN play, and I can't see who will stop him in the finals. Oppositions may be forced to concentrate so much on stopping him it lets guys like Imbi, Imbi and England run loose...
Glad I'm not the coach working out how to beat that midfield.
they are very even across every line

Doubt whether Portland has fielded its strongest team as yet. When they do who knows if anyone will get anywhere near them.

Whilst i'll be away during wb finals is it worth going to a finals game where Portland is involved, just to see Squire hopefully perform at his best.Having seen him carve it up at Sturt it would be intersting to see him more closely at country level.
If there are any slip ups before the finals i think east will be the dark horse....talent & depth alone portland should win the flag but east will have the hunger & xtra incentive of losing the last two !?
Will it happen again !? north faltering at the wrong end of the minor round (and still have to polay portland) then going out in straight sets !!

Whilst i'll be away during wb finals is it worth going to a finals game where Portland is involved, just to see Squire hopefully perform at his best.Having seen him carve it up at Sturt it would be intersting to see him more closely at country level.
If there are any slip ups before the finals i think east will be the dark horse....talent & depth alone portland should win the flag but east will have the hunger & xtra incentive of losing the last two !?
Will it happen again !? north faltering at the wrong end of the minor round (and still have to polay portland) then going out in straight sets !!
north will go out in straight sets

north will go out in straight sets

It will probably be a shame for the finals series if North finish third. They are clearly a long way off Portland. Imps or Cast finishing third would make the finals more interesting although nobody will probably get near Portland.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back