Western Border Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having worked as team mgr under Ashleigh Brown when he was at Millicent for one season two years ago, i found him gr8 to work with as did others that were involved with him on match day and at board level.His attention to detail from training programs/exercises to player management will be second to none.I also understand the off feild stuff ringo that your hinting at !? and that is something that he definatly will have to rectify or else chao ! he got pigeoned holed when he was down here after settling in, only in the sense that he had to take blame or cop the ******** that was started from one of his tassie players he bought with him !! I think you might see a different man next season and beyond because he knows he's on his last chance in the area plus he's got a local lass now that will keep him under check.

Thanks for that Bigant-a good summary. I hope things do work out for him but as you say he will need to amend some issues off the field. The lass may be a stadying influence:thumbsu:

Thanks for that Bigant-a good summary. I hope things do work out for him but as you say he will need to amend some issues off the field. The lass may be a stadying influence:thumbsu:
No worries Ringo, it's interesting times now in the league.It was just announced that the league made a huge profit on the past season, i think due and the league exec's think because of the re-structuring at league level.Like so many other leagues at vic-country they wen't for a ceo and it obviously worked.I'm sure whoever Brown brings into the west club playing wise they will make a mark, but i would imagine that if there are any slip ups there will be plenty of west faithful ready to linch those that voted Brown in.As there were a few disguntled members from what has been heard that are unhappy with his appointment.
Any other news or suspicions Ringo feel free to private msg me !?

Has anyone got some info on the Fitzgerald boys from Millicent. Pretty good players back when i knew them. Smart across half back if my memory serves me correctly. Any updates would be welcome.

Has anyone got some info on the Fitzgerald boys from Millicent. Pretty good players back when i knew them. Smart across half back if my memory serves me correctly. Any updates would be welcome.
they play in minor league, older one has given up.average players out there

Thanks again mate. I will be watching on with great interest. Who do you think will be the side to beat in 07? What role will you have in regards to footy next year?:thumbsu:
portland side to beat,maybe casterton improve,im recruiting officerout of 40 trys i aint nab 1 yet so im going ok

Ringo, as i know a few of the tassie boys who went over had issues, their were rumours flying everywhere about what happended. are you able to advise me what actually did go on.

Hows the recruiting going for west big ant?
ive been talking to a few people and apparently some of the players ash brown named in his interview with the paper wont be at west. (some of the main blokes) can you shed any light on this?
also have any of the adelaide boys said there interested in coming back??
hope west pick up well it would be dissapointing to see them bottom again.

ive been talking to a few people and apparently some of the players ash brown named in his interview with the paper wont be at west. (some of the main blokes) can you shed any light on this?
it seems ash brown has a habit of talking it up about people joining him. he came to east devonport this year as a star recruit and didnt play a game! the players he did bring were about as usefull as a hat full of ar*eholes!!!!

dont think they go to fly any in.out of coin.a couple may relocate.they will pick a few up.lost plenty of players.ash will play kids and bring a few hard nuts over.

Can anyone shed some light on how Casterton has been recruiting and how they will line up for 2007? What i have heard is Dylan Ryan to Port Fairy and Tom Macarlein to Geelong Reserves.

rumour is that ash brown has been training is he going to play on this year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't think the Adelaide boys are coming back.
I work at the airport in Mt Gambier and after their finals loss I spoke to one of them and he said this would be the last time we see them.

Make of that what you will.

Surely they would not be able to afford to keep bringing players in, air fares were costing them plenty.

Word is maybe all of the Adelaide boys are'nt coming back !? and i would doubt it very much if Browny would play again as his knee is just about shot !! but who knows....

Can anyone fill me in on how Jarryd Holt goes??? What size is he and how old. Obviously a good player if he is captain of Portland!!!!!

Yes Big Ant. From What I Hear And As A Member Of The WBFL I Am Glad To See Ashleigh Brown Back In The League. He Is Very Highly Respected In The Tasmanian League And As For What Hardluck11 Has To Say About The Recruits He Took To Tassie Last Year... He Didnt Bring Any There As I Have A Contact There For Football Reasons Who Said He Was Thrown Into The Coaching Role And Did A Respectful Job For East Devonport.
The Players That Have Left West Is Due To Previous Issues With The Club And Unless You Guys Have Facts On This Should Not Comment. This Site Is A Good Site, Not To Run Coaches Down.
Ashleigh Has Taken On A Challenge At West And Is Commended For Doing So.. They Are Restructing And Will Be A young side without alot Of Recruiting According True Sources.
The Players He Mentioned In The Paper Hanno-7 Are The Youth At The West Club And I Know Are Staying On And Mosty Have Trained.
When A Club Is Restructing Like This Its Better To Get Facts And Be A Loyal Player Or Supporter Whatever You Are And Join In To Help The Club. West Have Come Along Way Over The Past Few Years In Lines Of Respect In The League.
Mr Brown Is Welcomed Back To The League By Alot Of Officials And Members Who Enjoyed Hearing Him Speak When He Coached The Saints. Good On Millicent For Finding Such A Dedicated And Strong Witted Coach Who Doesnt Mind Taking The Good With The Bad And Isnt After Overnight Success Like Some.
Unfortunately Personal Reasons That Some Might Not Be Aware Saw Brown Have To Leave The Region To Deal With Family Issues. otherwise i'd say he'd still be seen with the Saints whom he has respect for as a club and having heard him speak of the saints in a high profile recently in a meeting he would have liked success with them but circumstances beyond his control changed this.
From Whom I Have High Respect For Have Commented On Ashleighs Strengths And To Be A Coach As Well As Deal With Public Comments Is Not An Easy Task. i take my hat off to all coaches in the league.
I Enjoy The Coloumn Now I Have Finally Read It And As A Wbfl Person, I Follow All Clubs Issues. And The West One Has Been Over Exposed And Exaggerated. Good On West For What They Are Trying To Do, And Well Done To Mr Brown For Stepping Up And Taking The Role. From What I Hear He Is Already Making An Influence Around The Club And Members New And Old Welcome Him. The One Or Two That Dont Are Obviously Not Willing To Open Their Eyes.
There Were Very Few Who Did Not Accept To Have Him Here, And As For The Adelaide Players Who Were Part Of Our League And West, West Has Chosen Not To Sacrifice The Funds On Flights. No Other Reason. they would love to have them here i'm sure.
Goodluck Ashleigh In 2007 And Goodluck West In Your Future Development.
Welcome Back To The WBFL League Ahsleigh and its great to see you returned.

Can anyone fill me in on how Jarryd Holt goes??? What size is he and how old. Obviously a good player if he is captain of Portland!!!!!

Jarrod is a quality player, for certain, having captained the Portland Football Club and picked up its best and fairest in last year's premiership.
very strong in the packs, a real ball winner, and can go forward and kick goals as well.
He is about 24 I believe and probably 5"10 or 5"11 in the old scale.
Will be an assett whereever he ends up.

Yes Big Ant. From What I Hear And As A Member Of The WBFL I Am Glad To See Ashleigh Brown Back In The League. He Is Very Highly Respected In The Tasmanian League And As For What Hardluck11 Has To Say About The Recruits He Took To Tassie Last Year... He Didnt Bring Any There As I Have A Contact There For Football Reasons Who Said He Was Thrown Into The Coaching Role And Did A Respectful Job For East Devonport.
The Players That Have Left West Is Due To Previous Issues With The Club And Unless You Guys Have Facts On This Should Not Comment. This Site Is A Good Site, Not To Run Coaches Down.
Ashleigh Has Taken On A Challenge At West And Is Commended For Doing So.. They Are Restructing And Will Be A young side without alot Of Recruiting According True Sources.
The Players He Mentioned In The Paper Hanno-7 Are The Youth At The West Club And I Know Are Staying On And Mosty Have Trained.
When A Club Is Restructing Like This Its Better To Get Facts And Be A Loyal Player Or Supporter Whatever You Are And Join In To Help The Club. West Have Come Along Way Over The Past Few Years In Lines Of Respect In The League.
Mr Brown Is Welcomed Back To The League By Alot Of Officials And Members Who Enjoyed Hearing Him Speak When He Coached The Saints. Good On Millicent For Finding Such A Dedicated And Strong Witted Coach Who Doesnt Mind Taking The Good With The Bad And Isnt After Overnight Success Like Some.
Unfortunately Personal Reasons That Some Might Not Be Aware Saw Brown Have To Leave The Region To Deal With Family Issues. otherwise i'd say he'd still be seen with the Saints whom he has respect for as a club and having heard him speak of the saints in a high profile recently in a meeting he would have liked success with them but circumstances beyond his control changed this.
From Whom I Have High Respect For Have Commented On Ashleighs Strengths And To Be A Coach As Well As Deal With Public Comments Is Not An Easy Task. i take my hat off to all coaches in the league.
I Enjoy The Coloumn Now I Have Finally Read It And As A Wbfl Person, I Follow All Clubs Issues. And The West One Has Been Over Exposed And Exaggerated. Good On West For What They Are Trying To Do, And Well Done To Mr Brown For Stepping Up And Taking The Role. From What I Hear He Is Already Making An Influence Around The Club And Members New And Old Welcome Him. The One Or Two That Dont Are Obviously Not Willing To Open Their Eyes.
There Were Very Few Who Did Not Accept To Have Him Here, And As For The Adelaide Players Who Were Part Of Our League And West, West Has Chosen Not To Sacrifice The Funds On Flights. No Other Reason. they would love to have them here i'm sure.

Do you know West's financial position? I heard that is the reason the Adelaide boys aren't coming back.

Hi Dumesny1...
Not clear on their financial position... But a clear point made re the Adelaide boys was they'd love to have them again but would prefer they were based here for training reasons so the team could structure together. It was a very costly process flying them in and out.
West like other clubs do at times is going through a rebuilding stage. I wish them the best... Great bunch of people work behind the scenes their, and the new formed coach and committee are committed to ther challenge they face. Take their hats off to them for sticking with it and not withdrawing from the pressure they may face.

Does anyone know if there is anything in the rumour that new Heywood coach, Hooker Ransom, is taking a few players from Mount Gambier with him?
A couple of forwards is the whisper around here.

he did a respectful job for east hey..... they never won a game!!!! that makes me laugh. i do agree though he didnt have much to work with. Im not knocking ash as i respect him as a player when fit and i think he has a great footy brain as well but sometimes he lets himself down by mouth across the ground at other players and belting people off the ball. hands down, yes he can throw his fist but shes country footy mate, you dont need your coach doing those sorts of things. Does any one know how josh adams went over their. he is back in tassie at the moment shopping himself around. im very supsrised he even returned after his 2003 grand final effort with the northen bombers.

he did a respectful job for east hey..... they never won a game!!!! that makes me laugh. i do agree though he didnt have much to work with. Im not knocking ash as i respect him as a player when fit and i think he has a great footy brain as well but sometimes he lets himself down by mouth across the ground at other players and belting people off the ball. hands down, yes he can throw his fist but shes country footy mate, you dont need your coach doing those sorts of things. Does any one know how josh adams went over their. he is back in tassie at the moment shopping himself around. im very supsrised he even returned after his 2003 grand final effort with the northen bombers.
hARDLUCK11.
If a bloke helping a club out at last minute when a previous coach quit in the second round makes you laugh, you have an immature sense of humour. As stated above he was put in the deep end, and was willing to help out. I'd say thats very good of him for taking this role on when he new East werent in for a good year.
Maybe you need to have a go sometime with unfortunate clubs and see how much work needs to be put in.
As you should be well aware a lot of players and coaches let themselves down at times when it comes to pressure and things may get out of hand. Everyones human... including coaches.
One right thing you did say was he has a top footy brain and was a very top player in his day, unfortunately injuries have removed him from the field. But luckily enough the sporting side he continues on in his coaching and is very good and dedicated out.
He has taken on a club that wont be top this year as are restructing, so that shows his difference in wanting to help develop the youth and help this club, not just chasing club with top players to take a flag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back