Western Border Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
you can't just say 'knowingly' without giving up names and who was on the big $$$, if you're going to make a call like saying they bought a premiership you need to give some proof of what you supposedly know. get back to me and i will let you know if you are right or not.
What i'm saying mate is half there side that premiership yr were imports....it was well known that they spent alot of money bringing them in.Speaking to a number of officials late last season from hamilton that were involved in that premiership yr they admitted it they spent big that season.

What i'm saying mate is half there side that premiership yr were imports....it was well known that they spent alot of money bringing them in.Speaking to a number of officials late last season from hamilton that were involved in that premiership yr they admitted it they spent big that season.

i did a little bit of research and have come up with this for you:
Coach: Simon Taylor
Local/Recruit
Weekly Payments $
ABRAHAMSON, Gareth
Recruit

ANDERSON, Brad
Recruit

BAILEY, Hamish
Local

CRAWFORD, Lachlan
Local

CRAWFORD, Gareth
Local

EGAN, Gareth
Local

ERCEGOVICH, Dean
Recruit

FERGUSON, Damien
Local

HANDO, David
Local

HAYES, Daniel
Recruit

ISLES, Nathan
Local

LOGAN, Damien
Local

MCGINLEY, Brian
Local

MCRAE, Cam
Local

PICKEN, Liam
Local

ROBERTSON, Tim
Recruit

SHERLOCK, Joe
Recruit

SIMPSON, Paul
Local

WALDRON, Brad
Local

WALTER, Mark
Local

WATT, Michael
Local

WATTS, Mark
Recruit

That proves your 'half the team being imports' theory wrong. now if you'd like you can fill in the weekly match payments for the players and then we will see how big they spent that year.

ABRAHAMSON, Gareth(Recruit)
ANDERSON, Brad(Recruit)
BAILEY, Hamish(Local)
CRAWFORD, Lachlan(Local)
CRAWFORD, Gareth(Local)
EGAN, Gareth(Local)
ERCEGOVICH, Dean(Recruit)
FERGUSON, Damien(Local)
HANDO, David(Local)
HAYES, Daniel(Recruit)
ISLES, Nathan(Local)
LOGAN, Damien(Local)
MCGINLEY, Brian(Local)
MCRAE, Cam(Local)
PICKEN, Liam(Local)
ROBERTSON, Tim(Recruit)
SHERLOCK, Joe(Recruit)
SIMPSON, Paul(Local)
WALDRON, Brad(Local)
WALTER, Mark(Local)
WATT, Michael(Local)
WATTS, Mark(Recruit)

ABRAHAMSON, Gareth(Recruit)
ANDERSON, Brad(Recruit)
BAILEY, Hamish(Local)
CRAWFORD, Lachlan(Local)
CRAWFORD, Gareth(Local)
EGAN, Gareth(Local)
ERCEGOVICH, Dean(Recruit)
FERGUSON, Damien(Local)
HANDO, David(Local)
HAYES, Daniel(Recruit)
ISLES, Nathan(Local)
LOGAN, Damien(Local)
MCGINLEY, Brian(Local)
MCRAE, Cam(Local)
PICKEN, Liam(Local)
ROBERTSON, Tim(Recruit)
SHERLOCK, Joe(Recruit)
SIMPSON, Paul(Local)
WALDRON, Brad(Local)
WALTER, Mark(Local)
WATT, Michael(Local)
WATTS, Mark(Recruit)

You forgot Taylor (RECRUIT) !! well there you go, it was less than half - i was wrong.That does'nt mean i was miss informed....still spent coin on those recruits.

of the Hamilton recruits of 2004, TAYLOR and ABRAHAMSON were coach and assistant coach, every body pays their assistant coach and coach, Ceggi played for a pair of boots and a long sleeve jumper, ROBERTSON came from imps to play with Lachie CRAWFORD, SHERLOCK was only paid standard match payments. The only recruits that were really paid were ANDERSON,HAYES and WATTS. ANDERSON and HAYES payments were minimal beacuse they both gained employment through club contacts. WATTS was payed less than $200 a game. So before you make statements that you obviously know little about do some research, and you say that the committee stated that big money was spent, well name who you were speaking to.

of the Hamilton recruits of 2004, TAYLOR and ABRAHAMSON were coach and assistant coach, every body pays their assistant coach and coach, Ceggi played for a pair of boots and a long sleeve jumper, ROBERTSON came from imps to play with Lachie CRAWFORD, SHERLOCK was only paid standard match payments. The only recruits that were really paid were ANDERSON,HAYES and WATTS. ANDERSON and HAYES payments were minimal beacuse they both gained employment through club contacts. WATTS was payed less than $200 a game. So before you make statements that you obviously know little about do some research, and you say that the committee stated that big money was spent, well name who you were speaking to.
Crowe & Riddle....there's your names.To be honest i don't give a flying f*ck about what hamilton spent, they may have one the flag but they've paid for it since.I only mentioned hamilton because they were bought up along with west in a passing comment.Your the ones that are making an issue out of it.Move on simple !!

Crowe & Riddle....there's your names.To be honest i don't give a flying f*ck about what hamilton spent, they may have one the flag but they've paid for it since.I only mentioned hamilton because they were bought up along with west in a passing comment.Your the ones that are making an issue out of it.Move on simple !!

it would be best not to start your 'well known' fact, as it is all rumours. but i agree who gives a f*ck, they were the best team in that year and haven't been so flash since then.

it would be best not to start your 'well known' fact, as it is all rumours. but i agree who gives a f*ck, they were the best team in that year and haven't been so flash since then.

Wow. Who would have thought naming Hamilton as sixth favourite to take the flag this year could generate so much discussion. Probably a reflection of the insular view Hamilton as a town has of itself in relation to the world.
Odds of $25 may seem short, but there had been enough whispers not to write them off completely. They have an excellent bunch of junior footballers coming through and the resources and culture to put together a winning combination from not much.
It is rare to see the Magpies loitering at the bottom for too long, so I shortened their odds as a safety. However, sixth in a 10 team competition is still not great.
The four teams below Hamilton can't win the flag, in my opinion, based on the playing stocks that seem available at this point and the level of winning culture at each of those clubs.
This could change after the preseason cup, though. I'd still like to have a closer look at South given the midfielders they have lost.

Have not been on for a little while. Hamilton certainly caused some heated debate. The question is who will get near Portland?

Have not been on for a little while. Hamilton certainly caused some heated debate. The question is who will get near Portland?

i can't see anyone getting near portland, especially if they get some more players from sanfl. if they are lucky enough to have an injury free season i think they could win every game.

i can't see anyone getting near portland, especially if they get some more players from sanfl. if they are lucky enough to have an injury free season i think they could win every game.
Still to early say !?!? probabley we'll have to wait until after the pre-season comp....North look like challenging again as they have'nt lost to many from last year, South although they have lost quality in Rowe, Copping & Howard etc they have picked up a couple as well so they should be around the mark again and East, well they are a question mark !?!? of the others won't really know until the start of the season or the first few rounds....

Still to early say !?!? probabley we'll have to wait until after the pre-season comp....North look like challenging again as they have'nt lost to many from last year, South although they have lost quality in Rowe, Copping & Howard etc they have picked up a couple as well so they should be around the mark again and East, well they are a question mark !?!? of the others won't really know until the start of the season or the first few rounds....

fair call, probably a bit too early to make big statements like my last one. i would say if north can get through to the grand final they would have to be a big chance, they have been there-abouts for so long now without any luck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

fair call, probably a bit too early to make big statements like my last one. i would say if north can get through to the grand final they would have to be a big chance, they have been there-abouts for so long now without any luck.
I still think Portland will be up there again as the hunted !! just depends if they keep topping up on last year, especially now that Jarrod Holt has gone.
Looks like Heywood might be able to hold onto gun utility John Dunn, he had his clearance to heathmere knocked back a few times to join former coach Keegan.Apparently he's had a change of heart and may take on a assistant coaches role to Ransom, although it's not final !?

I still think Portland will be up there again as the hunted !! just depends if they keep topping up on last year, especially now that Jarrod Holt has gone.
Looks like Heywood might be able to hold onto gun utility John Dunn, he had his clearance to heathmere knocked back a few times to join former coach Keegan.Apparently he's had a change of heart and may take on a assistant coaches role to Ransom, although it's not final !?

that is good news for heywood, although they might need a bit more than that. i see andrew ryan and robbie gordon looking to head to the hampden league. is it true that pete sheperd will be back for the lions?

that is good news for heywood, although they might need a bit more than that. i see andrew ryan and robbie gordon looking to head to the hampden league. is it true that pete sheperd will be back for the lions?
Have'nt heard where Peter Shepperd will end up !? Ransom did say when he was appointed that he would welcome back Shepperd...he could end up any where.He has'nt been seen since doing a runner from the riverland league in S.A mid last year.It would be a worry whoever picked him up as he's been AWOL since then and if he has no pre-season under his belt, as good as he is it maybe a risk picking him up so close to the seasons start.

Have'nt heard where Peter Shepperd will end up !? Ransom did say when he was appointed that he would welcome back Shepperd...he could end up any where.He has'nt been seen since doing a runner from the riverland league in S.A mid last year.It would be a worry whoever picked him up as he's been AWOL since then and if he has no pre-season under his belt, as good as he is it maybe a risk picking him up so close to the seasons start.

Dunn looks a sure thing at Heywood, and talk is they are pretty confident on Shep, although you really would like to see him on the track before you say for certain.
Gordon has had a frustrating run with injuries over the last three years so is probably looking for a change of scenery for a change of luck.
Ryan, apparently, is not gone yet.
Who are the signings of note at South?

Dunn looks a sure thing at Heywood, and talk is they are pretty confident on Shep, although you really would like to see him on the track before you say for certain.
Gordon has had a frustrating run with injuries over the last three years so is probably looking for a change of scenery for a change of luck.
Ryan, apparently, is not gone yet.
Who are the signings of note at South?
I think they will be important players at south, as it gives them added depth with versatility and height also.The players to come into South are Ben McGregor, Adam Hamilton, Pat Noonan all from the neighboring minor league in the MSE comp and Luke Foran who comes from Labrador on the Sunshine Coast.
Footnote: Millicent have picked up Peter Shepperds brother Damian, not much is known of him except he played in the Hills league outside of Adelaide last season and is much younger.

It's only hearsay and won't know until clearances are final but going on another league thread, it appears James Parks from Heywood & Gareth Crawford (Hamilton) are spoken about lining up for Kerang in the CMFL this season....both have played with Palmerston fc in the NTFL the last few off seasons.Another interesting point is that Kerang are coached this year by former Imps and WB rep Brent Forsyth !!

I think they will be important players at south, as it gives them added depth with versatility and height also.The players to come into South are Ben McGregor, Adam Hamilton, Pat Noonan all from the neighboring minor league in the MSE comp and Luke Foran who comes from Labrador on the Sunshine Coast.
Footnote: Millicent have picked up Peter Shepperds brother Damian, not much is known of him except he played in the Hills league outside of Adelaide last season and is much younger.

Was unaware Peter had a brother called Damien, I know he has a younger brother called John, who is handy enough, although perhaps a little inconsistent.
I wasn't dissing any of South's recruits when I asked who was of note, I simply know nothing of those players.
Peter struck me as a fairly family orientated guy when he was in the WBFL, so if Millicent has signed a younger brother it could be a very handy move.
Park and Crawford are two very handy players to have sign anywhere, both of their WBFL clubs would be very sorry not to have their services for the coming seasons if what you say is true Big Ant.
There is a little whisper building up that Portland could be about to sign another midfielder of real class from the SA side of the border.
Any ideas on that anyone?

Was unaware Peter had a brother called Damien, I know he has a younger brother called John, who is handy enough, although perhaps a little inconsistent.
I wasn't dissing any of South's recruits when I asked who was of note, I simply know nothing of those players.
Peter struck me as a fairly family orientated guy when he was in the WBFL, so if Millicent has signed a younger brother it could be a very handy move.
Park and Crawford are two very handy players to have sign anywhere, both of their WBFL clubs would be very sorry not to have their services for the coming seasons if what you say is true Big Ant.
There is a little whisper building up that Portland could be about to sign another midfielder of real class from the SA side of the border.
Any ideas on that anyone?

A while back heard of a duel Magary medal winner was a possibilty of joining Portland. No name.

That is very interesting considering Brodie coached Portland and I think Brodie is a mate of current coach Mark Jeffries.
Thats right, i think Brodie had alot to do with Jeffries going to Portland.Who knows if it's true or not as Squire maybe playing on with Sturt for another year, even so the main reason he was going to retire was he copped a nasty neck injury late last season.On top of that his body had just about enough of footy at that level,he would be a great asset to them and the league but you'd hope that they would get a full season out of him for there sake....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back