Western Bulldogs BigFooty Consensus Best 22 - Now Voting on Interchange (vote for 4)

Which four players make up the interchange of our "best 22"?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Assume we vote for the bench...

JJ, Stevens, Picken, McLean, Biggs, Suckling.. Etc in the mix Not bad looking depth small wise.

If our talls stay fit and perform hard to see us not maintaining or getting better with such good depth.
Will allow for some really good rotation. Bob/Boyd filling a bit niggly, throw in Biggs or Suckling. One of the midfield boys goes down, we've got Picken and Stevens. Small forward goes down we've got McLean and Daniel. Will be interesting to see what we do with the class of 2014. I really like a lot of them and hope they get more game time, but difficult to see how we phase in McLean, Webb, Daniel and Dale. Hamilton probably also.

How,does,this all end as i havent voted for players i know are in best 2, ie Picken and JJ

Is the bench made up of those with most votes outside starting 18 ?
Yeah we'll vote for the bench starting this afternoon. I imagine the bench vote will be pretty straightforward though as there are four standouts (to me, at least).

Yeah we'll vote for the bench starting this afternoon. I imagine the bench vote will be pretty straightforward though as there are four standouts (to me, at least).
I would agree except for the choice of first ruck, Roughead. Does he need
a back up or is Tom Boyd the back up or do we just accept the horrible
truth that Lin Jong is the true number one ruck.

Note- This is my opinion and should have no bearing on the poll.o_O

I would agree except for the choice of first ruck, Roughead. Does he need
a back up or is Tom Boyd the back up or do we just accept the horrible
truth that Lin Jong is the true number one ruck.

Note- This is my opinion and should have no bearing on the poll.o_O

Yeah the new/old 4 man bench might open the door for an extra tall on the bench. In my first draft team I had Boyd, Campbell and Rough which may be too tall. Might be as simple as horses for courses though.

Interesting to see what the consensus picks.

Yeah the new/old 4 man bench might open the door for an extra tall on the bench. In my first draft team I had Boyd, Campbell and Rough which may be too tall. Might be as simple as horses for courses though.

Interesting to see what the consensus picks.
Who remembers Barry Standfield?? I used to love him on the bench as he could play down back, forward or pinch hit in the ruck.

This sounds a lot like Roughy to me. Lock him in to start on the bench and we can utilise him wherever we need him.

We will revolutionise the game with rotating fullbacks, full forwards and rucks.

HF: Crameri, Stringer, Dahlhaus (rotate with Bont)
FF: Dickson, Boyd (Rotate into ruck and with Redpath on Bench), Mclean

Match up on that! I don't think so.

HF: Crameri, Stringer, Dahlhaus (rotate with Bont)
FF: Dickson, Boyd (Rotate into ruck and with Redpath on Bench), Mclean

Match up on that! I don't think so.

I doubt Boyd strikes fear into anyone at present (the guy who couldn't get a game ahead of Redpath, and who Ariel Steinberg chopped up in the VFL). Hope that changes soon.

I doubt Boyd strikes fear into anyone at present (the guy who couldn't get a game ahead of Redpath, and who Ariel Steinberg chopped up in the VFL). Hope that changes soon.

Will still take best KPD defender, and if not there will be a mismatch (this is why I rate him higher than Redpath who gets out marked and spoiled by short people).

EDIT: of course, I recognise Steinberg is by KPD standards a midget, nevertheless in good form I rate Boyd much higher in the air than Redpath.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's the 18 as it stands dannnnnnnn?

Current Lineup
FB: Morris - Roberts - Boyd
HB: Murphy - Hamling - Wood
C: Hunter - Liberatore - Macrae
HF: x - x - x
FF: x - x - x
R: Roughead - Wallis - Bontempelli
I: x - x - x - x

Plus TBoyd, Dahl, Stringer, Crameri, Dickson, Mclean.

Based on the first page anyway

What's the 18 as it stands dannnnnnnn?
FB: Morris - Roberts - Boyd
HB: Murphy - Hamling - Wood
C: Hunter - Liberatore - Macrae
HF: McLean - Stringer - Crameri
FF: Dickson - Boyd - Dahlhaus
R: Roughead - Wallis - Bontempelli
I: x - x - x - x

*Forward line setup is tentative at this stage.

JJ, Picken and Suckling would be a lock for everyone's three, yeah? I went Stevens as the other.

Picken, Stevens, Suckling, JJ but if I could for balance I'd drop JJ / Stevens and include one of Redpath / Campbell

Now it's getting hard with our depth, any of Hrovat, Smith, McLean, Biggs, Minson, Daniel or Jong could take a place above. So we might see an old guy lose his spot or someone who's form falls struggling to hold their place.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Holy crap, how strong is our midfield/back flanker rotation looking. JJ, Biggs, Suckling, Picken, Stevens, Webb, Jong, Dale and Prudden all not able to crack best 18. Wow.

Just Roughead and Boyd seems way too small. With no sub I think we can afford to have 3 talls. I really would like Boyd to do as little rucking as is possible, have him work on his craft.

Just a reminder to vote for only four players in the poll - my poll editing lackey Igloo accidentally forgot to switch the number of votes allowed to four rather than six. It won't have a huge impact on the voting but just something to bear in mind.

Just a reminder to vote for only four players in the poll - my poll editing lackey Igloo accidentally forgot to switch the number of votes allowed to four rather than six. It won't have a huge impact on the voting but just something to bear in mind.
Cool, I'll redo mine.

JJ is an absolute lock. A poster above said that on balance he is out. That's just absurd.
Picken is next in line as a must pick. He's grunt, he can play attacking and lock down and he's coming off a great year.
Suckling is a premiership player at a pretty strong Hawthorn so you would have to think he gets in. Also can provide flexibility playing half forward/wing/half back.
Stevens gives us a balance in the midfield so he's my 4th.
Not tall, but I'd have some that are on the field out of the team altogether so for this exercise, you just pick the next best players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Western Bulldogs BigFooty Consensus Best 22 - Now Voting on Interchange (vote for 4)

Back