Game Day Western Bulldogs vs Melbourne. Round 15, 2014.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I reckon we have set ourselves for this game with an eye to seeing just where our young team is at. We will be tested as to whether we are capable of working through the Roos game plan, but if our structures are right and we bring the same attitude as against Collingwood, we should at least be competitive. That said, I am mindful of the fact that, without Griffen, we will need real leadership on the ground to stick to our structures when the inevitable Demon surge occurs. It will be interesting then to see if we disintegrate into a rabble or we have developed our system sufficiently at Footscray to be able to cope with the loss of senior players (one soldier out, one soldier in!).

Isn't being nervous a tradition part of every Bulldog supporters pre-game ritual?

On the way out the door. See you at the game.

Go Dogs!
I've said it many times before, and I'll say it again: it was easier when we just expected to lose everything. :p

Awful weather outside but I'm heading in nonetheless..

says who?

Its hot, overcast and humid here :<

Now to try find a pub that's showing the game

I'm not too confident about this, missing our most important defender, arguably best midfielder (And captain) and our forward livewire. But if ever there's a time to test the mettle of the kids- Seeing how Bonti, Macrae, Hrovat and co. will fare when there's some key players missing, it's today. I never expect the Dogs to win, and I just don't know about this one. Melbourne's missing some players as well, but I think this will be close. Within 15 either way would be my guess.

Midfield of Bonti Boyd Macrae Minson Libba Wallis Stevens Hunter etc is very very slow on foot speed. But that's ok as long as our main objective is achieved which is winning the contested ball and then quick and efficient ball movement and use. We will get smashed if we don't get those things right.

Will be watching it on Fox here in Port Pirie, hoping for a good win but mostly looking towards our future, need to see more good signs from our kids. :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not too confident about this, missing our most important defender, arguably best midfielder (And captain) and our forward livewire.
If anybody argues against that they should probably be burnt at the stake. :p

I'm happy about Fletch being in, but Tutt out takes the one semblance of pace out of our already one-paced midfield. We've got nobody to break through the Melbourne pressure. Going to be a real ugly one.

What about Honey, Dahl and Hunter?? All are quite quick and creative. I got a feeling Hunter is set for a big one

But I'm surprised with Tutt out if its nothing to do with injury but then again who else would you drop to get Roberts in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back