Western Region FL - Division One - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got to have a look at some footy on the W/end but interesting info I just heard from the Sunshine V Albion game. Seems when asked if he would prefer being back at Greenvale, one of the Peakes brothers (No9) replied, "this is embarassing, i'm sick of this already." Also been told that Mr. Manton had some words to say to the Albion boys after the game. Can anyone confirm this?

Premiers - Too Early (Spotty fav)
Wooden Spooners - West Footscray
League Medal - Rusty Douglas
Biggest Improver - Sunshine Heights
Biggest Slider - Port Colts (will play finals still)
Most Expensive team - Albion
Most under rated player - Luke Sinnot (get's away from a few teams, but kicks goals as an on-baller most weeks)
Most overrated player - Ray Jensen
Most over paid player - Manton If true $1,200 - do not believe many local footballers in Victoria are truly worth that. (Harsh after 1 week though)
Most Loyal player -(Aaron Freeland - Too coach a team to an A2 flag, come up and stay in A1. Then stick around as a player is well done)
Biggest sook in the league - T.Montebruno

Can anyone give any details on the Altona win

I heard most players killed if but not hard against Glen Orden

Heard Miles killed it for his 1st game 3 goals and high 30's can anyone confirm

this is correct, not much else on this one, glenordon where not much and with altona playing west this week i think its a few weeks until we see a real indication on how much the vikings have improved.

Got to have a look at some footy on the W/end but interesting info I just heard from the Sunshine V Albion game. Seems when asked if he would prefer being back at Greenvale, one of the Peakes brothers (No9) replied, "this is embarassing, i'm sick of this already." Also been told that Mr. Manton had some words to say to the Albion boys after the game. Can anyone confirm this?

alot of people seem to know alot about albion, its only round 1 boys. we were beaten by a good side that want lose many at home all year. be patient

No greater test for Albion to prove what team they are after a dissapointing round 1 then to face Spotty on their own dung hill. Cant recall Albion loosing there too often in the last couple of years despite Spotty & Colts being so dominant. This years Albions side could prove to be no different to thier past. Unbeatable at home, question marks over thier away form. I think from memory they gave Spotty a nice touch up in 08 at home in the last round to only being flogged the following week at St. Albans in a night game. If Albion are to be considered a top 3 side (on paper seems that way) they would want to account for Spotty this week. Other wise 8 home wins and maybe 6 away wins might not be enough for them for top 3. Early days i know but something to think about.:thumbsu:

That my friend will prove to be the death of the Club one day,lack off people willing to help out, for a long long time it has been the same few people doing everything off field.

When we had a full list of juniors it was like a child minding centre at times with most parents never to be seen at games no wonder the kids dropped off playing.

are you from sunshine heights cause thats the same problem down there the seniors wouldnt even know if they had juniors playing this year

No greater test for Albion to prove what team they are after a dissapointing round 1 then to face Spotty on their own dung hill. Cant recall Albion loosing there too often in the last couple of years despite Spotty & Colts being so dominant. This years Albions side could prove to be no different to thier past. Unbeatable at home, question marks over thier away form. I think from memory they gave Spotty a nice touch up in 08 at home in the last round to only being flogged the following week at St. Albans in a night game. If Albion are to be considered a top 3 side (on paper seems that way) they would want to account for Spotty this week. Other wise 8 home wins and maybe 6 away wins might not be enough for them for top 3. Early days i know but something to think about.:thumbsu:

Albion lost at home last year to colts, in fact have only beaten us (colts) once at their ground in the last 8 years...

After the report i got on their recruits, they will not get with in 6 goals of spotty. For the sake of the senior competition i hope i'm wrong.

Premiers-spotswood
Wooden Spooners-glen orden
League Medal- torren bonnett
Biggest Improver from 09 - altona (will make the 5)
Biggest Slider from 09- albion
Most expensive team- albion
Most under-rated player- smith hoppers crossing
Most over-rated player-plenty to choose from richards(albion), ben kelly, brett jacobs
Most over paid player- if manton is on 1200 then bingo otherwise clonan hoppers
Most loyal player in the league - ray jensen
Toughest bloke in the league- noye spotswood
Biggest Sook in the league- morcello hoppers and bellingham colts

Wooden Spooon - West Footscray
League Medal - Ben Kelly
Biggest Improver - Altona
Biggest Slider - St Albans
Expensive Team - Albion
Most Underrated Player - mcgregor (port)
Most over rated player - ?
Most Loyal In league - Aaron Freeland
Toughest bloke - Brett Shiels (altona)
Biggest sook - Morcello for sure he is a little twig!

Albion lost at home last year to colts, in fact have only beaten us (colts) once at their ground in the last 8 years...

After the report i got on their recruits, they will not get with in 6 goals of spotty. For the sake of the senior competition i hope i'm wrong.

You forgot about us Rock, we beat Albion by a point at there ground last season and have only lost to them once in 7-8 years or something... first time we lost to them was in 08 in a very very very long time!

wooden spooon - west footscray
league medal - ben kelly
biggest improver - altona
biggest slider - st albans
expensive team - albion
most underrated player - mcgregor (port)
most over rated player - ?
Most loyal in league - aaron freeland
toughest bloke - brett shiels (altona)
biggest sook - morcello for sure he is a little twig!

kelly will not finish in the top 20 in the league never mind win it.

kelly will not finish in the top 20 in the league never mind win it.

Beazer - Have you changed your alias:D

Tips for round 2.

Albion v Spotty - Albion will be fired up after last week, but have not got enough avenues to goal without Butina / Pearce. Spotty by 7 goals

Glenorden v Heights - Heights to win away but not easily. 4 Goals

Hoppers v Sunshine - Big ground and no doubt Alan "Willy" Williams will be doing his homework being an ex-kanga. Sunshine 4 Goals

Colts v St Albans - Expect Colts to win at home. Colts 6 Goals

West Foot v Altona - Altona by 15 - 20 Goals

Good Luck:thumbsu:

spotty to beat albion by 75points too quick and fit for an overweight slow mob

heights to beat glenorden by 60points good form preseason glenorden lost a lot my tip woodern spoon

sunshine to beat hoppers by 23points away from home will still get the 4 points good form last week

colts to beat stalbans by 55points cant see stalbans getting within 6goals

altona to beat westfootscray by 160points .

ladder after round 2 should be something like
altona 2-0
spotswood 2-0
sunshine 2-0
colts 1-1
heights 1-1
hoppers 1-1
stalbans 1-1
albion 0-2
glenorden 0-2
westfootscray 0-2

spotty to beat albion by 75points too quick and fit for an overweight slow mob

heights to beat glenorden by 60points good form preseason glenorden lost a lot my tip woodern spoon

sunshine to beat hoppers by 23points away from home will still get the 4 points good form last week

colts to beat stalbans by 55points cant see stalbans getting within 6goals

altona to beat westfootscray by 160points .

ladder after round 2 should be something like
altona 2-0
spotswood 2-0
sunshine 2-0
colts 1-1
heights 1-1
hoppers 1-1
stalbans 1-1
albion 0-2
glenorden 0-2
westfootscray 0-2

i doubt colts will beat st albans by 55 points this week. st albans dont look too bad this year and arnt getting as much credit as they deserve.

heights to pump glen orden (wooden spooners)
sunshine to pump hoppers
st albans to beat colts
altona to beat west but definately not by 160 (west look like they will have a crack this year)
spotty to beat albion

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tips for the week.

Albion vs Spotty - Giving the cats a chance, lets see if they can sharpen thier claws and give the competition some life. Spotty's running game may not suit the small ground. Hasnt been a venue the woodsmen like playing at, Albion seem to have the edge over them at home. 15 points

Gelnordinary vs Heights - Heights to win and win easy, 10 goals+. Heights have added to their depth with a few experienced players and matched it with hoppers last week till half time at least. Wonder of the barrels will be burning even with the weather looking like it will by warm.

Hopper vs Sunshine - The kangas in a close one, should be match of the round, I know div 2 should get a go on the radio, but seriously this seems to be a belter of a game. 2 sides under new coaches and a fresh outlook promises to be a cracker. Sunshine by 6 points.

Colts vs St Albans- Colts back on the winners list. Should account for the saints but may take a while to break thier spirits. Colts never loose at home and will want to have a good win after last weeks disappointing display by some senior players. Colts by 4 goals

West vs Altona- Altona to sit on top after round 2 with another comfortable win this week. Altona by 90 points. Big Uhi to kick a bag!

Good luck to both sides, don't forget the zinc fellas should be a warm encounter for all!

Tips for the week.

Albion vs Spotty - Giving the cats a chance, lets see if they can sharpen thier claws and give the competition some life. Spotty's running game may not suit the small ground. Hasnt been a venue the woodsmen like playing at, Albion seem to have the edge over them at home. 15 points

Gelnordinary vs Heights - Heights to win and win easy, 10 goals+. Heights have added to their depth with a few experienced players and matched it with hoppers last week till half time at least. Wonder of the barrels will be burning even with the weather looking like it will by warm.

Hopper vs Sunshine - The kangas in a close one, should be match of the round, I know div 2 should get a go on the radio, but seriously this seems to be a belter of a game. 2 sides under new coaches and a fresh outlook promises to be a cracker. Sunshine by 6 points.

Colts vs St Albans- Colts back on the winners list. Should account for the saints but may take a while to break thier spirits. Colts never loose at home and will want to have a good win after last weeks disappointing display by some senior players. Colts by 4 goals

West vs Altona- Altona to sit on top after round 2 with another comfortable win this week. Altona by 90 points. Big Uhi to kick a bag!

Good luck to both sides, don't forget the zinc fellas should be a warm encounter for all!

Tips for round 2.

Albion v Spotty - Walk in the park 60 points

Glenorden v Heights - Heights 55 points

Hoppers v Sunshine - Hoppers just 5 points

Colts v St Albans - Colts 30 points

West Foot v Altona - Reece Miles to dominate against another second rate team Altona 100 points

Tips for round 2.

West Foot v Altona - Reece Miles to dominate against another second rate team Altona 100 points

Are you saying Miles cant dominate against a 1st rate team ????

Tips for round 2.

Spotty 60pts
Heights 63pts
Sunshine 58pts
Colts 14pts
Altona 73pts

Gold star for you BEEG. Always did struggle against the good sides.

A few of the boys are really looking forward to playing Altona and Reece (the dominator)

Im surprised at your comments Danny

About a month ago you were talking up how big of a loss Miles was for Hoppers and how big of a get he was for Altona

Ohwell he might struggle against the good teams but that wont be Hoppers

A few of the boys are really looking forward to playing Altona and Reece (the dominator)

I have been down to alot of Hoppers games over the years and from the games I went to Miles was always pretty consistent.

I watched games against sides like Spotswood, Port Colts and Albion and in all of those games Miles was always a good solid performer who done what he needed to do.

IMO he is alot better midfielder than young players like Morsello, Bluschke, Czepil etc.

I have a mate who has a fair bit to do with Altona and apparently they are really looking forward to playing Hoppers also... should be a good contest... I know I will check it out.

Spotty over Albion 42pts
Heights over Orden 72pts
Altona over West 123pts sorry rooster but realistic tips this week.
Colts over St Albans 11pts
Sunshine over Hoppers 21pts

Only my opinion and may not get to any as there are some crackers 1st up in edfl but good luck to all.

Spotty over Albion 42pts
Heights over Orden 72pts
Altona over West 123pts sorry rooster but realistic tips this week.
Colts over St Albans 11pts
Sunshine over Hoppers 21pts

Only my opinion and may not get to any as there are some crackers 1st up in edfl but good luck to all.

No worries PF but i think we might get a little bit closer, finally a couple of big guys in tomorrow.

This comps easy to pick winners, just the margins we can't get.

Interesting to note the Western Jets have a bye this week. How many do Hoppers play would be the question. The next question would be that of the players themselves i'm guessing. Do i try and look like a superstar back at my local club (where i may get smashed by a bigger mature body and sit some time out with injury) or do i be very cautious so i can play jets again next week?:confused: Good luck BOYS

Interesting to note the Western Jets have a bye this week. How many do Hoppers play would be the question. The next question would be that of the players themselves i'm guessing. Do i try and look like a superstar back at my local club (where i may get smashed by a bigger mature body and sit some time out with injury) or do i be very cautious so i can play jets again next week?:confused: Good luck BOYS

I am sure the Altona boy's will play and add even further run to thier line up. Most were added to the Jets list as they played Div1 seniors as 16/17 year olds and performed consistantly. Agree with a previous post cant wait for Altona v Hoppers.

Not a good call, Danny. He was more honest during the tough matches than some of your high paid ring ins. Not known for his finishing skills but some poor bugger had to get dirty to feed the 'superstars'. I suppose Phippsy (The Enforcer) will be looking for Miles when you play them..:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back